Greetings everyone! We are sure you are going to have lots of questions, comments and opinions about the upcoming Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg game and this is the forum to do so. Hubert and others will try as best they can, when they have the time, to keep everybody up to date on this awesome new title.

Madmatt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initial and rather quick impression, the units have a Talon Soft look to them only with better detail....if I read it right, it's an interesting decision to go with a tile based board rather than hex based, but will need to see more regarding movement to decide how the game will flow (corner to corner movement?)...tile based v. hex based has always produced some interesting decisions regarding map/terrain configuration...

Originally posted by ASHBERY76:

Apart from the graphics and map, what is new?

Did you read the site at all?

Originally posted by Some_God:

The maps look a little empty though... maybe they should add some grass or something to spice things up.

Ya, I agree, especially in France.

But like the site says: "work in progress". ;)

This what I am talking about :D

Great news. I like the new features.

When it comes out, get it into the stores ASAP - should be a big seller before Christmas. Walmart anyone?

Just a few questions:

1) What are the computer system requirements for the game?

2) Will the unit bases be able to be toggled off?

3) Will the game be hex-based vs the current four-sided hex we now see?

Bravo!

So good, I have to say it again..

Wow!

Total W....?

..something in Flames...?

SC2 is definnitely top of my list!

Looks fantastic, and intriguingly adaptable. It brings to mind the evolution of civ to civ2.

You say the map illustrated isnt at the limit of the engine?

the possibilities....

When will you allow us to give our money to you??

Lurking has been good for a laugh, especially some of the great photos (still smiling about that ronald mcdonald photo, and Kuniworths web page(g)), but now I really cant wait for SC2.

Please keep us updated with regular teasers..I mean information.

Any chance of a demo in the not too distant future?

Roman

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks guys!

Also a special thanks to Fernando (resident Battlefront artist) for making the game look fantastic :D , and Matt for setting up the nice announcement pages. Ah heck, all the guys at Battlefront have been great!

Also a big thanks to the small testing team that I've got in place at the moment, Bill and Dave, as their feedback has been invaluable over the last couple of months.

It's going to be a busy road ahead, as you can well imagine and I'll try and pop in from time to time and answer what I can. It's still a little early for me to commit to any *firm* specifics but as we get closer to the end I think the bigger picture will become apparent. Also a demo closer to release time should help answer most of what is remaining ;)

Thanks again!

Hubert