• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

SC1 Finland is too weak they always loos.

Finnish army is too small and weak

If army has 50,000-100,000 and corps 40,000-60,000 men big then Finnish troops has been 1HQ, 2army and 3corps or 1HQ, 1army and 4corps.

Why?

Finnish army size is 600,000 men.

And Finnish troops has good skill and experience.

Why?

USSR army lost up 1 million men for Finnish line.

They not have skill.

Yes I`m from Finland...

Finland army size was 600,000 big at WW2.

But Mannerheim HQ rating must have 8 or 9.

USSR last assault summer 1944 to Finland.

up 350,000 man, 600 tank and 1700 airplane.

And 70% destroyet for Finnish line.

Finland loos up 300,000 man in WW2.

USSR lost millions men 40-44 Finnish line.

Originally posted by eppu:

Yes I`m from Finland...

Finland army size was 600,000 big at WW2.

But Mannerheim HQ rating must have 8 or 9.

USSR last assault summer 1944 to Finland.

up 350,000 man, 600 tank and 1700 airplane.

And 70% destroyet for Finnish line.

Finland loos up 300,000 man in WW2.

USSR lost millions men 40-44 Finnish line.

It is alittle difficult to measure military success by comparing death toll ratio. Also I can't quite figure out everything that you're trying to say, sorry :\

Composition of units in SC, are not based soley on the amount of manpower. So using the total manpower that Finland had under arms, and trying to make SC equivalent sized units won't work.

Of more importance, is the number of artillery tubes and armored fighting vehicles. To some extent, your artillery tubes can be increased by the number of large mortar tubes.

Headquarter units are purely based on what the designer of the game is trying to achieve. Without getting into detail, I suspect that Mannerheim in SC would be better represented in SC by a SC unit with an additional experience bar, not a HQ unit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

let's have all the 22 minors playable ... a great possibility to have 1 week turns ...

and, as JJR posted some time ago, skiis should be added to finnish troops, they really used skiis :D

i mean how on earth could a game developer forget to make finland playable and modding skiis for their troops?

i can understand national pride, i have a lot of my own believe me, but let's not forget SC is a Grand Strategy game and this kind of games don't go down to such details like what shoe number Runstedt had when he treaded over polish soil ...