CMBB: what will be your favourite side?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Americans, it couldn't be easy to not have a soft spot for the American side in CMBO. With CMBB, there are no attachments like that for us Americans and therefore it could be real easy to focus on things purely from a tactical or military perspective.

All warriors, even if on different sides of a battlefield have something in common. It'll be that commonality that I will focus upon as I will have no trouble playing either side.

I'm just gonna want to give it my best --like with CMBB.

In CMBO, I almost always play the German side (I'm American) simply because of the more diverse force/weapon selection. Hard to say which side I'll favor in CMBB....probably depends on whether I'm in a "tactical" or a "human wave" mood smile.gif

It will be interesting to see all the axis (minor) forces initially; I expect to learn a lot from that.

Early war - either side, with an interest in Recce and light tank forces.

Mid- to late-war the Red Army, since I know the Germans from CMBO, and there is nothing quite like bringing a [sNIP] to the party. ;)

The question that interests me is which time period people are interested in.

Originally posted by Andreas:

The question that interests me is which time period people are interested in.

Probably early war; Will be interesting for the German palyer going up against T-34's and KV-1's while the Russian player will have the problems with longer command delays. This period hopefully will have its own challenge for both sides.

Marcus

I've no preference for sides but am more interested in the first 6 months and the period from the summer of 1943 to the autumn of 1944.

As for theatre - Army Group North's battles (slogging matches) along the Volkhov and the Neva in 1942-1943 and Army Group's North and South Ukraine's battles (and destruction) in the summer of 1944, in Galicia and Rumania respectively.

Well, think I'll be playing the German's but may very well try the Russia's. In CMBO I have never played the German's so really am looking forward to using them in CMBB. But I guess my interest will be German's.

In CMBO I have never played the German's so really am looking forward to using them in CMBB.
Never played as the Germans, what are you nuts ! The order of fun to play in CMBO(especially if you pick your own force) 1. German 2. American 3. British of origin ( a million piats and 2inch peashooters)....The Krauts have tons of options--

Get the Germans and get the 150mm field gun into action, if it can survive 2 turns it's generally done its work.....I recall watching from behind the gun on the other side of the map as a tiny(to scale) machine gunner plodded his way up the distant hill only for the guns huge shell to explode fairly close to him. The guy turned on a sixpence and carried on plodding back down the hill-It was pretty damn funny. :D

The Russians, of course. I've been playing the Germans almost nonstop since CM first came out. It was well over a year before I even bothered playing the Allies. CMBB will allow me to play a non-German side that I actually care about. Playing them will also require a much different style of play as well. From commanding German forces to destroying them, that's what CMBB is all about--at least to me.