Bugger The Demo, Sod Pre-Ordering, Read In Order To Let Seanachai Know You Hate Him

The by now 'historical' genesis of this thread was my desire to be allowed to place the first pre-order.

It was not to be. However, on the bright side BFC has not outrightly said they will not sell me the game at all.

Now, to get some use out of this thread, and becaue I don't feel hated nearly to the extant I probably am hated, I now ask that all Forum members send me a letter, card, or postcard (depending on how much of your hatred you feel moved to share) to me at:

Seanachai

3841 Grand Ave. South Apt #1

Minneapolis, MN 55409

USA (for those who hate me from foreign shores)

I will be posting (where language or concepts on hating me do not prevent; some minor censorship may have to be practiced), the BEST HATREDS OF ME, as well as the most amusing postcard, or graphics, or means of presentation. Points will be taken off for anything that explodes and blows off one of my hands, on the other hand.

Rush your hate to me today! You probably won't have time once the game's released. Except for the Europeans and the Canadians, of course. You lot will probably have weeks and weeks of extra time in which to hate me.

If you continue to read, you can follow the genesis of this concept (such as it is).

I'm not downloading the sodding Demo. I don't want the Demo, I want the Game! I'm currently unemployed, and I have no sodding money. But I will buy this game.

If there was a God, BFC would allow me to be the very first purchaser. They would make a huge announcement along the lines of:

Seanachai, well known lunatic, non-Grog idjit, Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread, and currently unemployed layabout, was given the distinction of being the first person to actually order Combat Mission: Barbarosa to Berlin.

Steve Grammont had this to say: "I know we've been saying 'no preorders', but when a long-standing poster who's almost magically odd is willing to buy CMBB over paying both his utility bills, well, we just have to give a nod to that sort of weirdness".

Primary Forum Moderator Matt Faller, known as Madmatt told Forum members "He's always been good about not creating too much work for us. Unlike some of those Peng Thread lot. Until this pre-order issue came up, he's almost never just started up a thread for no damn reason at all. For my money, I'd let him be the first to order. "

Moderator Dan Olding, aka Kwazydog told the Forum "Well, we have to keep an eye on him. Gets funny ideas, he does, about what's right, and then goes off on people. But he's usually friendly enough. They call him 'the Nice One' on the Peng Challenge Thread, and that's saying something. I'd let him place his order first just because it would make the poor little sod happy. There's not an ounce of meanness in him, say what you will. Oh, except for his almost pathological campaing to 'Crush All Australians'. That's a bit over the top, but then, who doesn't hate Aussies?"

Finally, Martin Turewicz, aka Moon had this to say: "Well, he's a nutter, but I'd take his credit card number before anyone else has a chance to submit theirs for the very simple reason that he's going to be locked down from charging eventually, now isn't he? And why shouldn't BFC get that last $45 before they lock his arse up? It's what he would want, after all"

Puzzled and half-witted Forum members had this to say:

"I've done more to drive the level of discussion on this Forum into the Outer Limits of detail than most any other human being. I say, let the odd little bastard pre-order before anyone. As long as he acknowlegdes my statements about the nth tetchy thing that bothers me, I'm on board."

-Jason Cawley

"I first met the individual known as Seanachai when I stumbled into the Peng Challenge Thread drunk on Australian beer. And not good Australian beer, but really bad Australian beer. By which I mean that that Australian beer was totally sweet. In any case, I told him he was a sodding idiot, and that I was the Second Coming. He never told me I was wrong. So I say, let him order before anyone else."

-Sladragon

"I suppose we could let Seanachai order before anyone else, but there would have to be certain observances. First, I think that before we could allow it, we would...AH, AH SOMEONE'S KNOCKED THE HAT OFF MY MANNEQUIN! WHO DID THAT, WHO TOUCHED IT?!! IT'S NO GOOD PRETENDING IT JUST FELL OFF, AS I MADE SURE IT WAS STUCK ON TIGHT!"

-Michael Dorosh

"Allow who to order before anyone else? Ah, yes, Seanachai. I've never really liked him, you know."

-Michael Emrys

"Seanachai? He once asked people to vote on having me put to death. Give him preferential treatment in ordering CMBB? I'm all for it! How about a big CMBB hug, eh?"

-Doug Beman

[ September 17, 2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Oh, now this is too much, really!

Are there no depths to which you will not pander?

Why don't you just start singing "It's a Hard Knock Life", from Annie?

Thank you for posting on the: "Why Seanachai Should Be Permitted to Preorder CMBB Before Any Other Mortal" thread.

Your half-witted statement is important to us.

Please stay on the line so that you can not only tell BFC why Seanachai should be first, of all mortals, to pre-order CMBB, but to allow them to accept your credit card in confirmation of his order.

[ September 01, 2002, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Aren't you the same guy who claims to have started the Peng Thread? For that you should be allowed to pre-order CMBB first. But your copy should be shipped last.

Wow.

That has got to be one of the cruelest things I've ever heard in my entire sad life.

Compared to this guy, the Borgia's were choir boys.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, except for his almost pathological campaing to 'Crush All Australians'. That's a bit over the top, but then, who doesn't hate Aussies?"

Dan would never say that since:

23.7) he's an Aussie himself, and

w00t) We'd run him out of town if he did.

Mace

PS how's the crusade going btw? I hope you get it done by the close of this millenium (although I don't think that's likely).

Originally posted by argie:

If actually there is a God, then there would not be Cesspoolers.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (such as you are), the creature known as 'argie' has proven that there is no God. Because there most certainly are Cesspoolers.

So argie, tell us about why Seanachaishould have the right, before all other posters on this Forum, to pre-order CMBB.

Isn't it true that you and Seanachai have occassionaly been mistaken for each other, given that you're an almost magically bizarre Argentinian half-wit, and he's someone who will stumble into discussions in which magically half-witted Argentinians are mistaken for him?

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Aren't you the same guy who claims to have started the Peng Thread? For that you should be allowed to pre-order CMBB first. But your copy should be shipped last.

He doesn't claim to have started the Peng thread, he actually did. I was there, though I didn't enter until later in the thread. I slew the original thread some 3000+ posts in.

I'm currently unemployed, and I have no sodding money. But I will buy this game.

If you're really hard up for game cash, I'd be happy to start (and contribute to) a scholarship fund to feed your addiction (CMBB, not alcohol. For that one you'll have to beg on the corner of Hennepin and Lake like everyone else).

Wid at bae tae crrruel tae let tha gibberin' pillock bae tha firrrst wun tae order, an' ship at strrraight awah, boot "ferget" tae put a stankin' CD ain tha CD cover? Or better yet, replace at wi' a CD o' tha Bay City Roller's Greatest Hits?

Noo, tha' widnae bae too crrruel.

Originally posted by chrisl:

He doesn't claim to have started the Peng thread, he actually did. I was there, though I didn't enter until later in the thread. I slew the original thread some 3000+ posts in.

I know. It was just a little more salt in the wound. I was out of sulfa.

Well, Seniletea (using the old term because I can), as one who posted on the very first page of the very first thread, enshrined at Lindan's fine site, I have only this to say about your contention that you should be given preference in ordering CM:BB:

Not on your freakin' life, boy-o.

Now, send me a setup.

(And besides, your starting up what can only be considered a massive leak, an outbreak as it were, from the Cesspool most certainly will ruin whatever [delusional]standing[/delusional] you thought you had with the fine folks at BF.C)

[ September 01, 2002, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

Now, now Seanachai ... and THEN too as I think on it ... let's be logical here shall we then? Is it LOGICAL to give YOU a copy before I get one? I think not, just look at my member number lad ... if that's not a sign from GAWD I don't know what is.

Joe

Originally posted by Moriarty:

Well, Senile tea (using the old term because I can), as one who posted on the very first page of the very first thread, enshrined at Lindan's fine site, I have only this to say about your contention that you should be given preference in ordering CM:BB:

Now, send me a setup.

I remember that proud moment, when the Thread Heard Round The World first barked its particulars at a Forum yet unknowing.

It is not 'on' for you to not support my claim to be the first and foremost of those who can order CMBB.

Moriarity, you've been there since the beginning. Should not I, as the half-mad Olde One, know when we should be given our due?

[ September 01, 2002, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Steve Grammont had this to say: "I know we've been saying 'no preorders', but when a long-standing poster who's almost magically odd is willing to buy CMBB over paying both his utility bills, well, we just have to give a nod to that sort of weirdness".

Seanoochi, I'm sort of scared to ask, but where do you plan on getting electricity to play CMBB if you can't pay the bill?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moriarty:

Well, Senile tea (using the old term because I can), as one who posted on the very first page of the very first thread, enshrined at Lindan's fine site, I have only this to say about your contention that you should be given preference in ordering CM:BB:

Now, send me a setup.

I remember that proud moment, when the Thread Heard Round The World first barked its particulars at a Forum yet unknowing.

It is not 'on' for you to not support my claim to be the first and foremost of those who can order CMBB.

Moriarity, you've been there since the beginning. Should not I, as the half-mad Olde One, know when we should be given our due?</font>

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (such as you are), the creature known as 'argie' has proven that there is no God. Because there most certainly are Cesspoolers.

What a sad Universe.

So argie, tell us about why Seanachaishould have the right, before all other posters on this Forum, to pre-order CMBB.

Assuming that is there isn't a God, Him never was, is against your own logic to claim preferences, according to the first paragraph from the initial post.

Oh, my Lord!!! I get the bold!!!!

Isn't it true that you and Seanachai have occassionaly been mistaken for each other, given that you're an almost magically bizarre Argentinian half-wit, and he's someone who will stumble into discussions in which magically half-witted Argentinians are mistaken for him?

Can you repeat it a hundred times?

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Seanoochi, I'm sort of scared to ask, but where do you plan on getting electricity to play CMBB if you can't pay the bill?

Be not afraid, Gustav. For you are never alone, and we are always with you.

My very nice sister, survivor of Hodgkins Disease, Breast Cancer, and Having Me As Her Older Brother is always ready to pay the bill by giving me employment. Do ya' know, there's a strange moment in every 'Older Brothers' heart when they look back on how much they were a worthless, sodding bastard, and they realize they always loved their younger sister.

Probably you'll never get there, of course. Because if you could, you'd be convincing your sister that Seanachai should have the right, before all other mortals, of ordering CMBB.