RoW II Boots and Tracks Brawl part tres....

I think it should be OK to post whether you think you lost or won in the tournament sense.

That means, you may have won 70:30, but you know you have been dump and anybody with half a brain would have won 90:10, then you can post "I screwd up", as long as nobody knows whether that means you had 70:30 or 30:70 or whatever specific score.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visom,

If people only report win/loss record, and nothing else, all is well. However, if they post the name of the person they lose to, they have given the scenario name away to the rest of their section. This is a minor issue IMO. Why? Because players really don't know if they won or lost due to the scoring system. :D Just because a guy only scores 30 pts. in a scenario doesn't mean he lost. The median for that scenario may be 25, but he would report it as a loss. Likewise, he could "win" 65-35 but the median is 70, making him a loser.

The important thing is not to reveal any scores. This can tip players off as to scenario balance. No scores!!

Treeburst155 out.

Have been hard at work on the AAR for my game against Soddball. It's been a brute (foolishly decided to discuss orders and movies), but I'm two thirds done. Enjoy this one, people, for you'll not see its like any time soon.

Ugbash sent me a turn early today, but it was the wrong one. I checked my E-mail; no replacement yet.

Nothing's been heard from Bertram since I posted to this thread concerning him.

Back to the salt mine!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ July 11, 2002, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

TIII,S4

As stated before. Two down, which I lost both by the way. :eek: Two that is progressing very well. And one that is in a stall moment. Seems I lost contact with HOBO again. :rolleyes:

John

Originally posted by Ozzie Osborne:

TIII,S4

As stated before. Two down, which I lost both by the way. :eek: Two that is progressing very well. And one that is in a stall moment. Seems I lost contact with HOBO again. :rolleyes:

John

Jeez, John, what do you mean by "progressing very well"? I don't want to read too much into that! I'll assume you're speaking of the pace. :D

Zipper

Sent out a turn to Tero, Not doing well indeed! Ha!

As for the turns to Jazza and the new chap Frunze, I have seen them and need to process them on Saturday.

I am having a night off and going to a BBQ to see what the future holds for CM.

:D

We are on the tail end of the game with Tero and I am not sure who is holding who's tail. BTW nice moves with a brave BHQ deep behind enemy lines. Not often you see those boys leading from the front!!!

;)

As for the other two they are progressing well and should be finished on time.

H

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Have essentially finished my exhaustive (and exhausting) AAR. Will doubtless find a few problems when I review it later today after I get some sleep.

Had hoped for final turn from Ugbash. No joy. Will check when I wake up.

Regards,

John Kettler

I didn't think you slept at all John, judging by how often you're able to post here. ;)

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Zipper:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ozzie Osborne:

TIII,S4

John

Jeez, John, what do you mean by "progressing very well"? I don't want to read too much into that! I'll assume you're speaking of the pace. :D

Zipper</font>

Last movie received today from Ugbash, but the grisly tally must wait for him to view the final movie. As for my frequency in posting, I try to be productive, in spite of enforced insomnia.

Bertram, will see what I can do to get the last battle rolling.

Regards,

John Kettler

Yo, dudes in tournament 1,section 1

My Internet Mail provider is doing some dumbass modifications and I can't access to my e-mail.

Please let me know if my e-mail is bouncing your mails, so I can give you an alternative address.

Hopefully I can access it tomorrow...Stay patient :cool:

cheers,

Ali