Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

RoW II Boots and Tracks Brawl part tres....

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having connectivity trouble. The KNPQWest shutdown seems to have hit the connection between my email and my home machine. As if that was so unexpected. Slackers...

I can reach my email, but ony by detours. Only jazza has a turn sent as of now.

Tourney I Section IV: Everyone should have gotten an e-mail from me; however, not everyone got a turn. Some of the outlook files didn't transfer over to my daugter's computer. If for whatever reason you didn't get the e-mail I sent please re-send your last file.

Cheers

Eric

I’m only a few turns away from finishing two.

Two of my opponents are on vacation. One was gone for a week but will be back next Monday and the other on the 17th of July.

Head for the Hills is about 1/3 of the way along. That’s a long one though.

Happy Independence Day to the USA.

Up the Rebels!

smile.gif

Hi lads!

TB155, Tourney 1, Section 1:

I have good news and bad news.

Good news is that 1 game finished with Jarmo (ages ago) and 2 games with THumpre and Ricochet are past halfpoint and going steady.

Bad news are that game with Fate is on halt until 17th of July (Fate is playing Popeye tongue.gif ). We have played 12 turns and I hope we can manage to end it in time.

MrSpkr haven't yet send a setup for our game (which is longest btw). He's on a holiday, so I understand it. I should be getting my setup turn next week, but problem is that I start my holiday and probably can't send turns at same pace as I usually do :(

We agreed with MrSpkr that we play our game TCP-IP, if necessary. I don't like this option, because breafing says that it is an assault. Assault means that I probably have lots of men and I'd like to think my actions carefully. With TCP-IP I probably forget to move all my men ;)

Cheers,

Ali

Ali,

If you do TCP, make sure you use a long time limit. Also, I wouldn't do it unless you are the only one with incomplete games. IOW, I wouldn't do TCP/IP in a large assault unless I was holding up the whole tourney.

Remember, nothing can be scored until every last game is finished. Unless yours is the last game, you are not holding anything up. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

Okay,

Thanks for the information.

I'll check the status again, when deadline is closer.

Or maybe I just slaughter MrSpkr's forces early on, so game ends quickly :D

Porta:

How are things? Is Norwegian Juggernaut kicking some serious butt?

Ali

Ha European Revengie (Well Nearly)...

tongue.gif

Teach you you liberated swine doggie...

tongue.gif

Let the European masters teach you the error of your ways for seeking liberation!!

;)

H

P.s For those with a lack of sense of humour (especially some of our cousins across the seas) that was a joke!!!

(Edited to correct European notation in case any one gets picky as to where Finland is located.)

[ July 06, 2002, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Holien, your AAR is right on target except for the MS Word format which I refused to touch until yesterday smile.gif

I think you overestimate that I had any options to do something with my <beep> (no, not that <beep>) mid-game. I'd be interestedt how other people from the same side scored, although I claim an unusual proportion of bad luck, game mechanics and scenario design issues for this particular game.

Hi Redwolf,

I have not looked at your set up yet, I will do so now as I need to rest my foot after DIY put a three pronged paint scraper through it.

:eek:

The blood is now mopped up and I have an excuse to spend some time on the PC...

;)

H

Hi Redwolf, just watched some of the turns from your view and I can see why it went the way it did.

On the luck front I see you had more Jam than Ham and Jam without bread is dead...

:(

Anyway I guess we have said too much and must now sneak away before we get told off.

I am waiting on my friend in NZ to wake up and Tero to be allowed on the PC.

TB any news on a replacement for Cogust?

H