What a friggin joke! Why do I feel like a beta tester?

Okay, I have to say that I am so glad I didn't buy this game... I would have been sorely pissed indeed. As it is, I'm simply disappointed. While I enjoyed immensely CMBO, this game feels like it's a cross between a rush job, and a cut and paste. I love the new commands, don't get me wrong, but this just stinks overall. It was released a couple months too early I think for my liking. I was ambivilent about the demo I should have stuck with my initial impressions.

I could learn to appreciate the micromanagement even... if it wasn't for some of the bugs in this game. A couple times, I have not been able to select units, or add/remove bases for whatever reasons. I can get the info, and it says the bases are on, but I get no selection boxes nor bases. Reboot the game... no problems.

What's with the index in the manual as well? There is already a Table of Contents at the beginning, do we really need another at the end? Minor gripes indeed, but I could go on with the minor gripes- this equals a mess in my opinion.

Graphical scale is another problem I have. Why does it look like half the Tankers are 2 sizes too big for their tanks? Take a look at the Somua S-35. 3 people can fit in there? The tank CO looks like he's oozing out of the turret as is. Where the hell are the other two? Even if they are prone, there's not nearly enough room to fit the graphical representations of the soldiers in there.

Now, here comes the clincher- and the part that makes me furious. Where the hell is the uninstall option? I can sit and wait for the much needed patches- but the only option I have to remove this game is in the add/remove files option in Control Panel. The trouble is- I think it wants to remove CMBO as well- since thats my only option. There is no CMBB file listed. Pathetic!

I'll wait for the patches, but as it is- I don't want this game on my machine until it gets patched... A few commands and a few graphical touches don't warrent the price of a whole new game in my opinion.

Anyway, despite my rant- can anybody tell me how to remove this game from my machine? I have the leaked alpha version of Doom 3 I'm dying to play, but I need some room first. :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What got up his butt? Geez. It's never crashed on me and the only bug I've found is when I minimize and restore sometimes I lose the frame around the interface. Sure there are a couple of minor gameplay issues, but nothing that is a show stopper. Weird. Sounds like he has some hardware issues going on and is blaming CMBB.

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

Open My Computer, open Program Files, then delete the folder that says CMBB.

You think this game isn't finished? And you want to go play an alpha?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Well, before you get your panties in a knot, Vergeltungswaffe, I never said I would NEVER play the game again, I simply stated that I didn't want to play it in it's present condition? Do you object to my choice of free will?

No, I don't think the game is finished- and by the sounds of it, some people here agree with me. Nothing personal to you Vergeltungswaffe, but at least I know I'm playing an alpha version with D3- I never expected to be a beta tester for CMBB however.

And before I just delete the folder, where is the documentation that says I should just remove the folder? Which page in the manual? Since there's no proper index, I can't even look it up.

Originally posted by StellarRat:

What got up his butt? Geez. It's never crashed on me and the only bug I've found is when I minimize and restore sometimes I lose the frame around the interface. Sure there are a couple of minor gameplay issues, but nothing that is a show stopper. Weird. Sounds like he has some hardware issues going on and is blaming CMBB.

LOL I don't have hardware issues. Now, I may have software compatibility issues mind you...

Originally posted by Suicides-by-Steve:

[QB]Okay, I have to say that I am so glad I didn't buy this game... I would have been sorely pissed indeed.

Now, here comes the clincher- and the part that makes me furious. Where the hell is the uninstall option?

If you didn't buy it, why should you need to uninstall it, pray tell?

Well, before you get your panties in a knot, Vergeltungswaffe, I never said I would NEVER play the game again, I simply stated that I didn't want to play it in it's present condition? Do you object to my choice of free will?

No, I don't think the game is finished- and by the sounds of it, some people here agree with me. Nothing personal to you Vergeltungswaffe, but at least I know I'm playing an alpha version with D3- I never expected to be a beta tester for CMBB however.

And before I just delete the folder, where is the documentation that says I should just remove the folder? Which page in the manual? Since there's no proper index, I can't even look it up.[/QB]

No twisted panties here. You absolutely have your choice of free will and I made/make no objections to it. Merely the observation that you don't think this game is finished, but you want to go play one that is barely started.

As far as some people agreeing with you. Yep, some people do. Probably several dozen out of the 10k+ folks registered here.

I thought you didn't buy the game? If you are referring to the "manual" that you downloaded with the demo, then sorry it doesn't have a computer primer in it. If you have no uninstall or add/remove option, then how would get rid of anything? Delete it.

CMBO went through a number of patches to finally arrive at 1.12. CMBB will no doubt go through a few too. But not to finish it, to make it better.

I should have never read this thread. Its trolling at its finest. You're fully entitled to your opinion, but theres not much to be gained with that kind of rant.

I'm outta here and I won't be back.

Originally posted by TeAcH:

Lighten up fellas. Just cuz the guy doesn't like the game, doesn't mean he has to be torn apart by the CM fanatics. I love CM too, have both versions, but let him rant alone if you dont have anything constructive to add.

Anyone that bashes any game like that on any forum about said game, will be mauled by it's fans. It's like asking to get flamed.

The problem is this thread is not productive. It's not saying: "What I dislike about CMBB and how I feel it should be fixed; what do you think?" It's saying: "This game sucks." What do you expect people to do in such a situation?

[ November 05, 2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Suicides-by-Steve:

And before I just delete the folder, where is the documentation that says I should just remove the folder? Which page in the manual? Since there's no proper index, I can't even look it up.

No twisted panties here. You absolutely have your choice of free will and I made/make no objections to it. Merely the observation that you don't think this game is finished, but you want to go play one that is barely started.

As far as some people agreeing with you. Yep, some people do. Probably several dozen out of the 10k+ folks registered here.

I thought you didn't buy the game? If you are referring to the "manual" that you downloaded with the demo, then sorry it doesn't have a computer primer in it. If you have no uninstall or add/remove option, then how would get rid of anything? Delete it.

CMBO went through a number of patches to finally arrive at 1.12. CMBB will no doubt go through a few too. But not to finish it, to make it better.

I should have never read this thread. Its trolling at its finest. You're fully entitled to your opinion, but theres not much to be gained with that kind of rant.

I'm outta here and I won't be back.[/QB]</font>

Um...i think you should stick to FPS games like doom, quake, Castle wolfenstein etc.

You will not like CMBB, it is not meant for you, you will be frustrated by it, the graphics is too "ugly" for you, and you doan have the time to read the manuals for all the keystrokes involved, CMBB will not fully utilised your hardware, CMBB is not REAL-TIME enuff for you.And worst still "thereisnomonkey" won't work as God-mode in CMBB, there is simply no cheat available.

All in all, you will benefit more by NOT playing CMBB: you get to save money and no-one is gonna flame you for posting in the forums, you will not get frustrated by the community, the game or BFC.

Okay- here's an example of what I mean- two birds with one stone. Fat guy in little tank, and an inability to turn off the bases.

ooze.jpg

You cannot turn bases off only in the editor, and in which case they are blue like the picture... Alt -B on the PC turns them off in the games itself. ...as for the fat guy; They can't all be your idea of Adonis in jack boots.

Okay- here's an example of what I mean- two birds with one stone. Fat guy in little tank...

Okay, Steve, I'm gonna take you seriously for a minute. A lot of early war armored vehicles were more or less that size and had two or three man crews. Wait until we get to CM4 and you'll get to see a lot of them. They may have been cramped and uncomfortable, but they existed. Furthermore, the growth in volume of armored vehicles over the course of the war was much more due to the need for more space for bigger guns, larger ammo, bigger engines, need for more fuel tankage, more radio equipment, added crewmembers, etc. than to a tender concern for the crew's comfort.

Michael

Okay- here's an example of what I mean- two birds with one stone. Fat guy in little tank, and an inability to turn off the bases.

ooze.jpg

:eek:

This is not a really big issue, and i'm sure it will become corrected quite soon.

But although your words are very harsh, Steve, i can understand you opinion, 'cause i don't play it anymore, too due to the moving-directions of the auto-suicide-sneak-command and there i don't have much hope it will become corrected. :(

Originally posted by laxx:

Um...i think you should stick to FPS games like doom, quake, Castle wolfenstein etc.

You will not like CMBB, it is not meant for you, you will be frustrated by it, the graphics is too "ugly" for you, and you doan have the time to read the manuals for all the keystrokes involved, CMBB will not fully utilised your hardware, CMBB is not REAL-TIME enuff for you.And worst still "thereisnomonkey" won't work as God-mode in CMBB, there is simply no cheat available.

All in all, you will benefit more by NOT playing CMBB: you get to save money and no-one is gonna flame you for posting in the forums, you will not get frustrated by the community, the game or BFC.

Whatever man- I am single-handedly responsible for getting people hooked on the original many times over- now I just feel a little embarrassed that when others took my advice, they played the CMBB demo and wondered what all the fuss I was making was about. Don't confuse my wide taste in games as an inability to like or comprehend this game. I play everything from Medieval to Europa Universalis (Hearts of Iron is looking hot BTW) to Space Empires to Rally Trophy to MSFS 2K2 to Doom to CMBO. Like I stated originally, the original was awesome- this game needs patches.