Every morning . . .

Every morning I wake up, reply to all my PBEM games, and then come here hoping and wishing. I scroll down the topics only looking at the name of the poster looking for that one name of revelations . . .

But alas, the great bald one has not shown his powers by releasing more tidbits about CMBB! I then leave for work and school hoping that tomorrow might be the day when more is revealed unto the masses!

Chad Harrison

BTW, does this happen to anyone else?

Chad said:

Every morning I wake up, reply to all my PBEM games, and then come here hoping and wishing. I scroll down the topics only looking at the name of the poster looking for that one name of revelations . . .

But alas, the great bald one has not shown his powers by releasing more tidbits about CMBB! I then leave for work and school hoping that tomorrow might be the day when more is revealed unto the masses!

Chad, can I make a small suggestion to you? You've got to get over this!

Sooner or later CMBB will be released. Your daily ritual isn't speeding it up. Do you realize that when that day comes, you will have wasted time "hoping and wishing" every morning of your life? :eek: That's just wasteful.

As much fun as Combat Mission is, there actually are other things in life you might also enjoy. smile.gif Go ahead, take the plunge.

<Edited because my first reply was pretty condescending.>

[ January 30, 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

And every time I visit this board I hope not to see the announcement 'CMBB is shipping now'. Why? Because as a relative newcomer I have so much still to learn with the current game, and once CMBB is out I'll be limited to playing the AI...so please please BTS give us newbies a few more months! Add new features, improve the AI, polish the gameplay, perfect the manual, take a long vacation - you surely deserve one!!

Chris Walker

(I don't think this post will meet with widespread agreement... smile.gif )

Originally posted by Walker:

And every time I visit this board I hope not to see the announcement 'CMBB is shipping now'. Why? Because as a relative newcomer I have so much still to learn with the current game, and once CMBB is out I'll be limited to playing the AI...so please please BTS give us newbies a few more months! Add new features, improve the AI, polish the gameplay, perfect the manual, take a long vacation - you surely deserve one!!

Chris Walker

I can relate. I'm quite content playing the Western Front and don't have any need to leave it just yet.

With that said, there is a part of me who can't wait to see what all those Russian tanks are like...

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

But alas, the great bald one has not shown his powers by releasing more tidbits about CMBB

I hear you, I look/hope every day for the CMBB is being released soon thread, too.

But, on the other hand, take a look around. BTS has been very responsive to specific questions about CMBB in just about every thread that asks specific questions about CMBB recently. The days of virtual black-out re: information appear to be over, and I see a bone thrown almost every day it seems. Look at the Captured KV-1 thread, or the Tactical Problems on the eastern front thread, or the Telephone Pole Doodad thread, or the Model contest thread for examples. While it is clear that the product is not ready yet, there are new bits of info out there all the time....

Originally posted by Dave H:

Chad said:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Every morning I wake up, reply to all my PBEM games, and then come here hoping and wishing. I scroll down the topics only looking at the name of the poster looking for that one name of revelations . . .

Chad, can I make a small suggestion to you? You've got to get over this!

Sooner or later CMBB will be released. Your daily ritual isn't speeding it up. Do you realize that when that day comes, you will have wasted time "hoping and wishing" every morning of your life? :eek: That's just wasteful.

As much fun as Combat Mission is, there actually are other things in life you might also enjoy. smile.gif Go ahead, take the plunge.

<Edited because my first reply was pretty condescending.></font>

Chris Walker

I have to agree with you Chris in some ways. I LOVE the western front much more than the eastern front. Maybe I just like playing my own!

But, having had CMBO for almost a year now (which is nothing compared to others!!), I think I am ready for a change.

While I was playing this morning though, I stopped for a second and realized how much I love this game! I have not bought one game since this one was installed on my 'puter. I think that means I have been fully assimilated!

I agree with all newbies that they need more time to learn:)

but I have a good suggestion:

all newbies should wait ordering CMBB untill they are experienced enough.

this will have a positive effect for the veterans,they can order the game first than without having to worry the supply rans out to fast:D

:D:D

And every time I visit this board I hope not to see the announcement 'CMBB is shipping now'. Why? Because as a relative newcomer I have so much still to learn with the current game, and once CMBB is out I'll be limited to playing the AI.

Chris Walker

I hear you Chris and I feel your pain. Imagine my dismay when I finally get my hands on CMBO only to find out that CMBB is due out shortly. But I think we'll find that there are many folks out there who are on the same page as we are. I think we'll still be able to find a lot of challengers for games.

I'm one of those folks who is in no huge rush for CMBB. Partly it's because I've been playing CMBO for about a year and feel like I'm just starting to dig into it. Partly that I really like the Western front and am not quite ready to say goodbye. So I'm sure I'll dive right into CMBB when it arrives, but I'm not counting the days.

Chad,

Have you seen MadMatt's new thread "Will CMBB properly model thrown bones? Better check inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Take a look. Your prayers are answered.

I noticed he opened it at 11:15 am, well after you were out of the house, on your way to work and school. Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :D

Dave