The Peng Challenge Thread - Landing Heads Up 49.87% of the Time

Originally posted by Marlow:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Pity, but I guess it's like that mangy, diseased cat you try to abandon by leaving town only to have it show up on your doorstep six weeks later.

I'd have been here sooner, but lately, every time I show up, I step in something like this:

Originally posted by little genital MB:

Marlow: ...blah...blah...blah...

Seems like you aren't doing your job as rent-a-car very well. Might not happen if whoever started this thread had posted a better set of rules. ... Who started this thing anyway? ... let me check ... Oh, well that explains it.</font>

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

So, whatever happened to Bauhaus...

I'll tell you. That sorry pile of steaming AussieJeff has stopped playing CM entirely. You can now find him playing America's Army and speaking l33t.

I think it is high time for our first de-knighting. Strip him of his spurs and break his sabre

BURN THE WITCH!

Took you long enough. Haven't quit playing it completely. I've just taken an extended break before buying CMBB. And yet, I can be seen frequenting HomLan servers playing AA:O and also a little Ghost Recon. I feel so shameful, but I am weak and cannot help myself.

I still hate all of you.

And another thing.......I do feel de-knighting me is a little harsh. I mean, when a lot of the knights went to playing that evil flying game....IL2 Sturmovik....was there a call to de-knight them? NOOOOOOOO! Just a lot of pissing and moaning. Would that be correct herr Justicar? I memory serves me correctly, you were one of the traitors that flew (pun intended) to that game. Well, I was too, but that's besides the point.

I beg of you olde ones have mercy on my thingy. I'm quite out of practice. I mean truly, a de-knighting is quite harsh. I'd rather spend a night with Mace than be defrocked. Now that I think of it, if I spend a night with Mace I'd probably end up being defrocked. And he was another that flew in IL2. There are many other knights that have gone to other games, have they been de-knighted? Nope!

<Berli's beef with me is not that I haven't been playing CMBB, but the fact that I've abandoned my home MacIntosh for a *gasp* second PC. Yes, I have ordered a second machine and given up my right to my MacIntosh. Yes I have lost my mind, but it is done. But hey, at least it's a good machine. An Alienware DDR with a ATI Radeon 9700 pro card, 512 mb of ram, 80 gig hd, audigy gamer sound card and klipsch speakers.

So ladies and gentlemen of the knighthood, I think <Berli is totally biased in his suggestion of my burning. He's not troubled by the fact that I've been playing another game. He's more troubled that I'm not playing with my mac half as much as he plays with his.

So I ask for mercy one last time. Anyone know a good lawyer. I said, GOOD LAWYER. But if I have commited a crime by playing another game, others in the knighthood are also guilty for committing the same act. Are they too going to be burned at the stake? I ask you, what other punishment might be more fitting than de-knighting? I make not pretense in my guilt, but others are also guilty. So I ask for a punishment more fitting of my crime. I ask for mercy. Forgive me all.

Bauhaus the difference is night and day between IL-2 and whatever piece of ****e game it is that you're playing right now. IL-2 and CMBB both share the distinction of being extremely accurate SIMULATIONS ... so accurate that I rarely made it off the runway before crashing.

Nonetheless, you'll note that I called for a unanimous decision by the Olde Ones for the extreme step of defrocking a Knight of the CessPool. Since Seanachai hasn't seen fit to drop by for eons you've little to fear in my view. Of course I bow to the wisdom of the Olde Ones on this matter.

Joe

p.s. I suspect that Mace issue would actually result in a frocking if you see my point.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Bauhaus the difference is night and day between IL-2 and whatever piece of ****e game it is that you're playing right now. IL-2 and CMBB both share the distinction of being extremely accurate SIMULATIONS ... so accurate that I rarely made it off the runway before crashing.

Nonetheless, you'll note that I called for a unanimous decision by the Olde Ones for the extreme step of defrocking a Knight of the CessPool. Since Seanachai hasn't seen fit to drop by for eons you've little to fear in my view. Of course I bow to the wisdom of the Olde Ones on this matter.

Joe

p.s. I suspect that Mace issue would actually result in a frocking if you see my point.

That being said, AA:O is also a simulation. It is a military simulation created by the U.S. Army. It teaches teamwork and strategy. It's based on actual weapontry, ballistics and strategy. If you go Rambo, you die. Plus it also teaches respect. If you teamkill, use too much profanity or violate the Rules of Engagement, you will probably get banned......for good.

So, sir, with all due respect, your reasoning totally supports my defense. And best of all sir, the game is free, yep, free.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by bauhaus:

<font size=-1>I've abandoned my home MacIntosh for a *gasp* second PC.</font>

<font size=-1>(triumphant Darth Vader voice)</font>

YESSSS ANOTHER SOUL FOR MY LORD AND MAST...

<font size=-1>(slightly doubting Darth Vader voice)</font>

wait...

<font size=-1>(disbelieving Darth Vader voice)</font>

bauhaus? You're telling me we just got the soul of bauhaus?

<font size=-1>(hurt Darth Vader voice)</font>

Oh bugger. billg's not gonna be happy.

<font size=-1>(exit stage left)</font>

It is a military simulation created by the U.S. Army. It teaches teamwork and strategy. It's based on actual weapontry, ballistics and strategy. .

Yep, real world ballistics out to about 100 metres where the fog kicks in.

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Trial! We want a trial! Bring forth the stenographers!

Agua Perdido

There's a lot to be said for stenog ... uh, I mean a fair and honest trial ... with stenog ... uh, with complete and accurate transcripts for all (including the defendant) of course.

Joe

Does this AA:0 support RW then?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Trial! We want a trial! Bring forth the stenographers!

Agua Perdido

There's a lot to be said for stenog ... uh, I mean a fair and honest trial ... with stenog ... uh, with complete and accurate transcripts for all (including the defendant) of course.

Joe

Does this AA:0 support RW then?</font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Burn 'em at the stake, heretic!

Who are you? Are you a knight? Then shut the feck up? You have not earned the right to voice an opinion on this matter. So now, go play with your "Ken and Barbie become Swingers" play set and leave the rest of us alone.

Originally posted by athkatla:

Hey, you drunken ossies, get ready for the soundest thrashing of your lives, worthless as they are, and I don't mean in CM. WE HAVE COME FOR THE ASHES AND WE ARE TAKING THEM HOME!

Lets see when the pommies last took home the ashes shall we?

Oh yes, that would be 1986 wouldn't it?

Bit of a dry spell for you smelly lot isn't it?

Why don't you get Botham back in the side or better yet, dig up some of the 'bodyline' series players, they can't be more than 90 years old now and will no doubt play cricket better dead than your 'best of British' schmucks can play now.

Run away, stinky man, I tire of you.

Hello, howdy, how are ya? I bet a few of you remember me. Then again the mental state enjoyed by the vast majority of the docile denizens of this w00ting hillbilly festival probably precludes recalling what you had for supper last night (road kill in most cases I’ld venture) much less discourse with an august person such as myself. I left rather abruptly and the reasons for that though good and true are irrelevant. My superior memory tells me that I left several games hanging.

Leo the night time ditty you brewed up was just starting to get interesting. Do you still have it? If not allow me to invite you to be crushed for the fourth consecutive time by your choice of diversions.

SpeedBump You still out there boy? Your slow asses pace kept the conclusion of my assault from falling upon your misshapen head prior to my abrupt departure. Do you still have the game saved?

Mace, Marlow I vaguely recall lackluster efforts on both your parts too. Send them if you got’em.

When the Whuppin' boy speaks, gather round and hearken well. Pain is humanities most eloquent mentor.

Please note new addy…

DekeFentle@attbi.com

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Who are you? Are you a knight? Then shut the feck up? You have not earned the right to voice an opinion on this matter. So now, go play with your "Ken and Barbie become Swingers" play set and leave the rest of us alone.</font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bauhaus:

Who are you? Are you a knight? Then shut the feck up? You have not earned the right to voice an opinion on this matter. So now, go play with your "Ken and Barbie become Swingers" play set and leave the rest of us alone.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bauhaus:

OK, I've been swilling the Malt Liquor, and I have some things to slay (Slur + Say):

The fact that bauhaus replied so swiftly indicates that he (or his proxy) continues to monitor the MBT. It's not like he's taken up with grogs of sumfink. Keep him a Knight, I say (thought I'm perfectly willing to go through the charade of a trial, replete with stenographers, if necessary).

Deke Fenkle!!! I don't remember if you were ever a knight (and methinks perhaps you weren't), but I no longer have our battle saved. Due to the love and stability of Microsoft (could there be a better description of their grasp (tee hee) of manhood?) I had to reformat my hard-drive, and all my Pak-Rat tendencies followed suit. Send me a CMBB set-up, you feckin' idjit, wandering lost in the wilderness of strategic ineptitude. Pay attention to my new e-mail address, if you have the cerebral power greater than a gnat.