Pre-Order Your Peng Challenge Today!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

No, it's Gaylord that presents the problem.

You're going soft again. This happens every time you go near Canada.

You see, while we can certainly declare Coventry for someone who's openly and deliberately disruptive, hateful . . . or only shows up here to try and violate BFC's board standards, thinking they can 'get around' restrictions because this is the Peng Challenge Thread, and they think the rules are 'non-existant', rather than more broadly and loosely defined.
Well, yes, that is certainly part of it.

However, what do we do with someone like Gaylord, who is attempting to participate, often in an almost painfully earnest manner? He's trying, people, he truly is. Is it really 'just' to banish him to the horrible limbo of Coventry, where all the squeaking little ghosts bleat at each other in the gray and empty air?
How dim a bulb is he, Bard? Good cats, he's been told to look at the old threads, shut his mouth and learn a little bit, and he can't seem to master that concept. He reminds me of Mouse - only not quite as annoying.

Can we really send this poor, half-witted lad to Conventry, simply because he's awful? That seems cruel, and heartless.
Yes, well, your point is?

I say that we either have to let him post, or kill him outright.
I'm up for a good lynching . . .

[serious]Seanachai, <big>IF</big> he can break out of this Chatty Cathy mode that he's fallen into with the other idiots whose names are not important enough for me to remember, <big>IF</big> he goes back and reads the older threads, learns the cast of players, and can begin to comprehend the subtleties of the One True Thread, and <big>IF</big> he can do something other than remind everyone of a not-quite-as-obnoxious version of Mouse, <big>THEN</big> I would withdraw my call for Coventry.

I recognize that I am but one voice here, a lone knight amongst peers. I do not call for Coventry insouciantly.

I post here because I enjoy loathing you individuals more than I enjoy loathing anyone else on the planet. Generally, Poolers are an interesting, eclectic lot with a bit of style instead of the droll "You suck!" "No, you suck!" that marks hatred amongst the Outerboarders.

But this new lot has no sense of tradition, no sense of history, no sense of the culture of the 'Pool. Like the Vandals and Visigoths of old, they envy the Pool for everything it is that they are not, and yet, should they overrun it, the Muthah Beautiful Thread would, like Rome of old, vanish.

Acclimation is the key, Bard acclimation. They cannot become a part of this thread without some knowledge of What It Is All About. That is why the fact the the Olde Ones granted Foul Joe the power to approve squires works so beautifully -- for all his faults (and please, let's not detail those -- there ARE Ladies present), Foul Joe understands the importance of tradition in preserving this last great redoubt of intelligent, witty banter, this last bastion of true loathing and hatred on the web.[/serious]

Steve

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

[serious]Seanachai, <big>IF</big> he can break out of this Chatty Cathy mode that he's fallen into with the other idiots whose names are not important enough for me to remember, <big>IF</big> he goes back and reads the older threads, learns the cast of players, and can begin to comprehend the subtleties of the One True Thread, and <big>IF</big> he can do something other than remind everyone of a not-quite-as-obnoxious version of Mouse, <big>THEN</big> I would withdraw my call for Coventry.

Steve

You raise many good, and weighty points. You speak with a wisdom beyond your young years, and the fact that you're just another conservative lawyer from the State of Texas (make sure to add Tulia to the 'multi-cultural' stops you make with friends when you drive down for a visit, everyone!)

But the point is moot. Unless, of course, we're going to get into that whole debate about whether we're using it as Americans use it, or the Brits, because that whole discussion was fairly tedious, even for someone who, like myself, loves language.

The position of Gaylord is being dealt with.

Mohammed must go to the Mountain.

OK, first of all, I, myself, (no doubt seeing promise in the lad and his ability to call people "dicks" and to pout and get all serious occaisionally) nominated the gaylord to serf, oh about 3-6 (they go so fast lately) threads ago. Strike one, Mrspkr

Oh! (Covers mouth in Jack Blackian fashion - cannot I elevate cretins and pillocks to Serf even?)

Secondly, and most important, you are a dodgy GIT, Mrspkr, of the first order, and this thing alone is enough to invalidate your entire existence.

(Aside - do you still have that game I was forced to concede? I distinctly remember being about to give you a smackdown of Madmatt proportions. Send it on over, boyo)

Now, to important matters. Seanachai! I know nothing of the political maneuvering you performed, although I had a distinctly attritionist attitude during my initiation. All I remember is a few late night drunken calls from someone who called himself Gotz von and threats to send me to the "ass of the world."

Basically, I had no idea of my neutering, woke up hung-over with a bandage in a sensitive area and a big plastic cone around my neck, and furthermore: I Served my time!!

Give me a squire, Olde One and I will craft for you a silver-tongued skald of the first order and the finest traditions. He will kiss the ladies palms and they will require a strict dose of antibiotics. He will play his flute (of skin?) and the rats will boil forth from the cess.

Like a gollum, I will craft, in the best traditions of the Mutha Beautiful, a wretch even Gotz von will quail before.

Now then, what say you?

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Basically, I had no idea of my neutering, woke up hung-over with a bandage in a sensitive area and a big plastic cone around my neck, and furthermore: I Served my time!!

We shall see what can be done, lad, when Gaylord returns to us.

Give me a squire, Olde One and I will craft for you a silver-tongued skald of the first order and the finest traditions.

There is a certain...poetic justice, to making you work with the clueless and witless as some sort of return on what we all suffered through during your Squireship. A sort of 'who shall whittle the witless' latin expression sort of thingy.

Again, we will consider it when Gaylord returns from the Mountain.

[ August 14, 2002, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Like Roxy (no longer junior - congrats!) I took too long to post and missed a completely pathetic, pompous, egotistical and disheartening (yet another) by none other than Mrspkr.

That was serious?? Are you serious?? Methinks your sense of elitism and exclusionism has become even too large for the MBT where at least we have the propriety to keep our elitism subtle and under the covers. My God, its frightening.

Here we have one rule, never understood but obvious to all. We are all sharks and we are all bloody flesh. A shark doesn't "kick out" a piece of bloody flesh because it's too gamey, he eats the bastid.

Let me make this clearer: Here in the MBT we are self-regulating. A true pillock will realize there's only one way out, and a true cess-pooligan will realize that there is nowhere else to go. They don't need your heavy-handed way of showing them the doors.

Like I said in another post (prolly largely ignored) Don't be such a drama-queen, IT'S ALL IN THE GAME!

Sheesh, I feel sick...

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

I ..... can only come up with one word:

<BIG><BIG>JESUS WEPT!!!</BIG></BIG>

[Cough]......wouldn't that be ......er....like two words?[/cough]

Now some my berate me for not beign able to spell - which is a fair cop, if pointless.

But at least <BIG><BIG>I can bloody well count!!!</BIG></BIG>

<small>edited to insert requisite spelling error</small>

[ August 14, 2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Now then, what say you?

You are a putz.

</font>

Originally posted by Mike:

{Cough}......wouldn't that be ......er....like two words?{/cough}

Now some my berate me for not beign able to spell - which is a fair cop, if pointless.

"Now some my berate me..."?

Congratulations, Mike-You-Idiot, just when I think you couldn't possibly make any less sense, you go and elevate the subtle art of illiteracy to an all new low. It's bad enough that you can't spell. Now you can't even form a proper sentence? You truly are a pillock of the first order.

Papa

P.S.

By the way, Mike-You-Idiot, in accordance with your so-called "challenge", I'll be sending along a setup momentarily. Me as the glorious forces of Panzer Armee Khann, you as the hapless Brits. (Ever known a Brit that wasn't hapless? Thought not.)

Stand to the side, young whelp, lest the fury of my superior tactical awareness injure thy soft and squishy parts.

Mike-You-Idiot, I stand corrected.

Ahem.

"Mouse, you, Sir, are a putz."

Better?

Oh very much so.

I think it takes Mouse's Kay-nig-hit-hood and rams it firmly into his putz with a bit of panache that was formerly lacking.

And it took something less than an SSN to HELP you get it right.

[ August 14, 2002, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

That was serious?? Are you serious??

This has always been the problem with you -- you completely lack any judgment in these matters. You remind one of the kids who piddle in teh neighborhood pool, then complain the water is too warm.

In short, you never "got it."

Seanachai tried, Berli help him, he tried. But you were too dense, too vacuous, too utterly freaking clueless to understand.

And so here we are -- you still stomping about with spittle on your chin, anonymously throwing a spoonful of mashed potatos across the cafeteria in defiance of something you do not even seem to comprehend.

If the Pool sunk to your level, boyo, it would die. There are some here, me among them, who do not wish for that to occur.

I understand this "something bigger than my ego" concept is probably too much for you, and fully expect you to grab your feces and fling them toward me, shouting "Ook ook!" all the while. I explain for the benefit of others.

Putz.

Steve

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ahem.

Didn't we have you neutered, to prevent just this sort of thing from occuring.

In other words, weren't you specifically raised to Knighthood with the understanding that you would never have Squires of your own?

I don't remember anyone giving you permission to sew them back on, lad.

Did somebody call the veterinary?

Persephone

So Popsy Korn has managed to steal someone else's intestinal fortitude and testicular enhancements and seeks a game.

Very well oh foolish one - you shall soon be elevated to new lows of despair. Prepare thy teeth for gnashing, thy women for wailing, and thy butt for kicking.

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

*sniff* I use me brain for special thinking... *sniff*... what day is it?

Yeknod...it's Wednesday... Tomorrow is Thursday...Oh nevermind...it's already Thursday in England.

So today is Thursday.

Are you confused?

Persephone

I post here because I enjoy loathing you individuals more than I enjoy loathing anyone else on the planet. Generally, Poolers are an interesting, eclectic lot with a bit of style instead of the droll "You suck!" "No, you suck!" that marks hatred amongst the Outerboarders.

But this new lot has no sense of tradition, no sense of history, no sense of the culture of the 'Pool. Like the Vandals and Visigoths of old, they envy the Pool for everything it is that they are not, and yet, should they overrun it, the Muthah Beautiful Thread would, like Rome of old, vanish.

Acclimation is the key, Bard acclimation. They cannot become a part of this thread without some knowledge of What It Is All About. That is why the fact the the Olde Ones granted Foul Joe the power to approve squires works so beautifully -- for all his faults (and please, let's not detail those -- there ARE Ladies present), Foul Joe understands the importance of tradition in preserving this last great redoubt of intelligent, witty banter, this last bastion of true loathing and hatred on the web.[/serious]

Steve

Quire... I SAID QUIRE... take note, Gramps, yer need to be traditionalised. Quest, Gramps, get to yer questing.

Yeknod o' tha Thistle and Defender of the Paddock

Gaylord Focker, and Poohbear, your posts have all the attraction of fingernails screeching on a chalkboard. I curse you for polluting the Mutha Beautiful Thread, and polluting this place takes some doing!

There is no humor in your posts... no style... no flair... no panache... no fun.

*sigh*

Bard:

She is a martyr, sacrificed on the altar of your ego and reptilian cruelty!

I beg your pardon, but I do believe I own the IP for reptilian cruelty in this cesspool. That'll be a 20c piece.

Pat:

Think about what would happen here if Burt Reynolds or Paula Zahn were known posters here.

Oh, I am, and thank you for the imagery. I’d kick his lily white arse with a taunt so withering he’d be begging for forgiveness over that Playgirl spread. And I’d use the brick on her a good one. Take that "concerned over all the dead bodies" look right off her mug. When I watch the news I want ugly. Butt ugly. I say bring back Cronkite and that skeletal Garrick Utley.

OK, OK, so if there's still a vote on I got for A or C, I can't remember and refuse to page back that far.

Shiite, go away for half a day and look at all the crap that builds up in here. Personally, I too blame Croda

ATTENTION YOU PACK OF MEWLING SURRENDER MONKEYS:

If you are reading this you owe me a turn. Yes that includes you Hiram, Bard, the J-stroker and the skirt wearing haggis muncher