CDV interview

The promised interview with CDV about the European release of Combat Mission:Barbarossa to Berlin is now published. Visit WarfareHQ to read the interview and find out where to preorder CM:BB (if you shouldn't have done this already.)

Cheers

Scipio

[ August 13, 2002, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, bollocks ! I just placed my preorder on their webpage ! I'm so excited ! I'm afraid Jussi beat me to the first preorder ( if not Scipio ;) ), but I was atleast among the three first to place my preorder !!! :D

GROOVY !!!!

And, Scipio, forget what I said previously !

THANKS !!!

Nothing about CM:BB on the English part of the CDV website except the pre-release pics after a search.

But in the German language part of CDV there is something about Combat Mission 2. Illustrated with a very dramatic picture of squaddies about to be squashed (no backward R's at all;)), I tried to order but the secure transaction keeps coming up and telling me that I'm not who I am and that's as far as it goes. I think if the order had been processed I would have gort the disk in German (not good I'm English) and it would have been for PC (not good again as I'm on a Mac).

A poor show or I should have I paid more attention at school in languages and computer studies?

Edit: OK I've read the small print.....

Scipio: Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. BTW, German customers can already preorder CM:BB on the CDV homepage!
Scipio

[ August 13, 2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

Damn...

Seems like I cried wolf...Feck....

Im sorry for being stupid, but how do I pre-order from CDV??? Link would help an dyslexic idiot like me...

Link is corrected

A dumb question: Why pre-order through CDV when you can order direct from THIS site the first day it comes out? I read in an old posting that Matt promised that they would not run out of CMBB stocks in the first week (due to unexpected demand) like they did with CMBO.

Another thing about the CDV site you can click to in that interview. They have a graphic, I suppose of the game box, that shows a G.I.(?) pulling a comrade out of the path of an oncoming Panther tank. I have to say there's something suspiciously un-Battlefront.com about that piece of art.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

A dumb question: Why pre-order through CDV when you can order direct from THIS site the first day it comes out? I read in an old posting that Matt promised that they would not run out of CMBB stocks in the first week (due to unexpected demand) like they did with CMBO.

Another thing about the CDV site you can click to in that interview. They have a graphic, I suppose of the game box, that shows a G.I.(?) pulling a comrade out of the path of an oncoming Panther tank. I have to say there's something suspiciously un-Battlefront.com about that piece of art.

European customers can not order at Battlefront. Read my interview with Moon, it's also at WarfareHQ :cool:

And who cares about the box, especially if we consider some other well known minor changes? I will trash the box anyway...

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

CDV is handling all European sales of CMBB. If you live in Europe, you cannot order directly from BF.com.

Unless you have a MAC and you can only buy it from BF.com cuz CDV is PC friendly and Mac Racist. tongue.gif ya ya I know I'm just rubbing ya all the .. aw na I ment what i said. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Scipio: Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. BTW, German customers can already preorder CM:BB on the CDV homepage!

Scipio</font>

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Here comes:

CMBB%20CoverArt.jpg

:D

Originally posted by Scipio:

I HAVE ADDED A LINK FOR UK COSTUMERS!!!

Excuse moi, I'm that thick that I can't find that link for the UK costumers...Should you be so kind so as to present us with the link, I would be most grateful !! :confused:

Though probably they won't ship to Finland. Typical. :mad: