PLEASE!!! Stop whining and begging for a release date!

Excellent! We're moving through the "whining and begging for a release date" phase and passing into the "whining and begging about whining and begging about a release data" phase. My 5 point master plan for world conquest is really coming together!

Originally posted by Leeo:

Really, it's just not on to be so single-mindedly toddler like. Give it a rest. Please.

That was weak. Weak as water!

Please?!

I've been getting satirical, and even sarcastic with the prancing little "ooh, BTS, we so need to know when the 'next big thing' will be arriving! Tell us, tell us, please?!", and you post this limp, courteous thread asking them to refrain?

Alright, Leeo (no less a member of the Cesspool for posting like some sort of sodding Combat Mission Smokey-the-Bear), you've at least had the ba– er...'guts' to start up a thread asking the inmates to stop posting like a bunch of teen girls anxiously awaiting the next Britney Spears/Boy Band disk release.

But you've done it in a way that can only be characterized as 'weak'.

Frankly, it needs to be done more like this:

SHUT UP! SHUT THE HELL UP! THE BLOODY GAME WILL BE DONE WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE ITS RELEASE!

THE WHINGING, PULING, AND BEGGING BY A LOT OF PRANCING 'OOH, I NEED TO KNOW' FORUM PRINCESSES ISN'T 'SLOWING' DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME, IT'S SIMPLY GIVING EVERYONE THE RED ARSE BECAUSE WE'RE ALL SICK OF LISTENING TO A GANG OF EYELASH BATTING, POUTING, 'AREN'T I IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO KNOW, OOH, LOOK AT ME, I NEED TO KNOW!' BUNCH OF BETA-TESTER WANNABES!

By all the gods, I'm sure that if that lot posts enough unrelieved, whining, f'ing gibberish, Battlefront will not only put them on the 'A' list of 'People We Must Notify, Immediately', but will ask them to the Opening Night Festivities when innumerable bottles of Dom Perignon will be drunk, snails will be eaten, unbelievably expensive caviar will be nibbled, and then tossed into various plant containers because they taste like goddamn fish eggs, Steve and Charles will be in evidence to sign articles of clothing, footware, bodies, and perform impromptu baptisms; Madmatt will have a bust of himself done, sculpted in butter, and Moon will move excessively drunk attendees into 'the General Party Room'.

In short, I can't imagine that I'm the only intelligent human being left on this planet who's sick to bloody death of listening to a bunch of half-wits beg for a release date.

If their 'ooh, tell me, tell me' posts continue, I shall encourage the members of the Peng Challenge Thread to 'vote their conscience', which will release them to get seriously medieval on the bums of the offenders.

We keep lists. And aren't afraid to act on them.

That was good Seanachai. Very good. I laughed - smile.gif out loud. I too am sick and tired of hearing all the "Please tell us when it's being released" crap. I just very well may stop reading this forum until it stops - but then again maybe not. ;) Now if that's over with. I sure hope that BF could just tell us a little of when they think it'll be released - pretty please! Please toss us something even if it's only something small. Please, O-please. smile.gif

Originally posted by Seanachai:

THE WHINGING, PULING, AND BEGGING BY A LOT OF PRANCING 'OOH, I NEED TO KNOW' FORUM PRINCESSES ISN'T 'SLOWING' DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME, IT'S SIMPLY GIVING EVERYONE THE RED ARSE BECAUSE WE'RE ALL SICK OF LISTENING TO A GANG OF EYELASH BATTING, POUTING, 'AREN'T I IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO KNOW, OOH, LOOK AT ME, I NEED TO KNOW!' BUNCH OF BETA-TESTER WANNABES!

Aaah! I knew it! You work in PR, don't you? :D

Actually I found a pretty good, scientific way to calculate the release date of CMBB.

OK, take a calculator and think about it.

Think about T-34s, doodads, minedogs. Drink vodka. Then put your head in the freezer for at least two hours to simulate the harsh winter.

Piss in your pants and eat soap to simulate the suffering of the soldiers.

Then close your eyes and type 6 numbers into your calculator.

Mine are:

That's it. This is the scientifically prooved release date for CMBB. I hope I don't get into trouble with Madmatt for posting this.

[ June 28, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Guest Panzer Boxb

OK, how about if I switch to whining and begging for BFC/BTS to have a CMBB Release Party?! Charge $30/person and allow us to pick up our copies of CMBB at 0001 on the day of release whilst providing us with beer (or soda where appropriate) and pizza. Hell, I'd buy two tickets!!! One for me and one to help get Fatmouse's big butt in the door.

SHUT UP! SHUT THE HELL UP! THE BLOODY GAME WILL BE DONE WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE ITS RELEASE!

<big>Thank you sir, may I have another!?!</big>

Isn't it ironic to damn the fools by mimicing their whining? But then, you didn't get that, did you Seanachai?

Oh, and while your making your list, please check it twice; to make sure you didn't forget to add any of the pillocks.

Originally posted by Andreas:

So, Seanachai, do you have any views on the likely release date?

Already stated it in one of the innumerable 'when will CMBB be released' threads.

I copped October 15th. Why? Why the hell not. I simply didn't have access to a complete 'in the original, obscure, and largely illiterate latin-french' work of Nostradamus when I combed my date out of the air. Nor did I make reference to various Real World battles, campaign kick-offs, or lunatic fringe conspiracy clique 'dates of significance'.

Finally, I avoided using Powerball machines to generate numbers that I could pretend to myself had something to do with the release date, nor did I cast through an internal landscape of personally 'significant' dates such as birthdate, anniversary, first sexual experience (for many obsessed with the release date, this would be just as speculative a 'yet to occur' date), or the date on which the very first incarnation of the Peng Challenge Thread died.

I just randomly selected a date that seemed somewhere on the cusp between Q3 and Q4, and flung it forth.

And I would very much appreciate it if BFC would do everything in their power to actually release the game on that date so that any number of gibbering lackwits will regard me as the New Messiah.

By all the gods, I'm sure that if that lot posts enough unrelieved, whining, f'ing gibberish, Battlefront will not only put them on the 'A' list of 'People We Must Notify, Immediately', but will ask them to the Opening Night Festivities when innumerable bottles of Dom Perignon will be drunk, snails will be eaten, unbelievably expensive caviar will be nibbled, and then tossed into various plant containers because they taste like goddamn fish eggs, Steve and Charles will be in evidence to sign articles of clothing, footware, bodies, and perform impromptu baptisms; Madmatt will have a bust of himself done, sculpted in butter, and Moon will move excessively drunk attendees into 'the General Party Room'.

I wanna go! I wanna go! But only if there's a vomitorium on premises.

Proposed by Seanachai: And I would very much appreciate it if BFC would do everything in their power to actually release the game on that date so that any number of gibbering lackwits will regard me as the New Messiah.
Hmmmm ...
Good. Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?
Sounds good to me Seanachai.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

So, Seanachai, do you have any views on the likely release date?

Already stated it in one of the innumerable 'when will CMBB be released' threads.

I copped October 15th. Why? Why the hell not. I simply didn't have access to a complete 'in the original, obscure, and largely illiterate latin-french' work of Nostradamus when I combed my date out of the air. Nor did I make reference to various Real World battles, campaign kick-offs, or lunatic fringe conspiracy clique 'dates of significance'.

Finally, I avoided using Powerball machines to generate numbers that I could pretend to myself had something to do with the release date, nor did I cast through an internal landscape of personally 'significant' dates such as birthdate, anniversary, first sexual experience (for many obsessed with the release date, this would be just as speculative a 'yet to occur' date), or the date on which the very first incarnation of the Peng Challenge Thread died.

I just randomly selected a date that seemed somewhere on the cusp between Q3 and Q4, and flung it forth.

And I would very much appreciate it if BFC would do everything in their power to actually release the game on that date so that any number of gibbering lackwits will regard me as the New Messiah.</font>

I kind of see this release date thing as an anolagy to hurricaine warnings. As the hurricaine approaches the landfall prediction becomes more and more refined. In the case of CMBB, the initial prediction was this summer and now summer is here. You would think that a new "window" is now known.

Why won't they tell us what the new prediction is? Perhaps the storm has stalled out at sea smile.gif

That's it! We need to send a recon to flight through BTS and gather data on the barometric pressure. The pressure reading would tend to verify landfall. If the pressure was rising then it would stand to reason that it was going to be some time off, however if the pressure was falling then it might indicate that landfall was about to take place.

[ June 28, 2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]