cm2. Your map random force ?

Will it be possible to have random forces and/or pick forces for a map you have created in CM2?

It sort of spoils a bit of the fun when you make an interesting map but then have to know what your enemy force consists of ! tongue.gif

Yes, you can import maps now in QB's. It is an option offered when you normally would select the map type.

Those maps can be pre-built and saved for this purpose (import maps) or you can even pull a map in from any scenario and even games that are in progress.

If you import from a "in-progress game" map it will retain all visible damage (buildings and craters) from the time the game was saved. That means if you were half way through a battle, saved that game and then used the resulting save file to import the map (whew) the map WOULD retain all the same damage that was in play when the previos battle was saved.

Oh, and if you remember to save the last autosave from a completed battle and you import THAT file you get the ability to...Well, you'll just have to wait to see what THAT does... ;)

Madmatt

[ July 01, 2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT??

what?

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT??

what?

My thoughts exactly.

- Chris

Well, he said "If you import that file" so I am thinking it's something else...

[Fades into fantasy]

I am thinking you have the ability to IMPORT the units as well as the map! Meaning you could have a sort of Quick-battle campaign-as-you-go type thing going. I am trying to think about what this would allow:

Referee controlled campaigns where each player sends his last file to the Ref, who creates a new battle by importing the map and/or the units, adjusting for replacements, etc. Hmm, I wonder if you can import ONLY the units?

[Fantasy ends]

I have no idea, but I bet it's GOOD!

Zukkov, your wrong....Someone else here is just about right. smile.gif I dont really see the need for a ref though PL, as you can just import it all into a new quick battle, add some more points, etc.

Dan

[ July 01, 2002, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

oh.. so it's sort of a qb-op kinda thing? like having an op without going through the trouble of setting one up. the only real difference is the map never changes. so you could say battle for a town, bridgehead, hill, whatever.. pert near forever. hmmmmmm.. sounds cool...

Porting units from the end of one battle to the next would be an amazingly useful feature. You could play a whole series of battles with the same battalion and have reinforcements /replacements added in.

Can't wait.

Originally posted by xerxes:

.....You could play a whole series of battles with the same battalion and have reinforcements /replacements added in...

You guys are a lot better than me. I don't see much need to bring a bunch of crews and shot up half squads to my next game. I never seem to have enough men at the end of a QB to be worth saving (sorry troops). smile.gif

Karch,

I think the point is that it will TOTALLY change the dynamic of your battle.

Imagine playing a "quick" battle, that was pre-arranged, as a 5 game battle over the same map. (assuming 1 side wasnt totally wiped out)

Now also you and your opponent have agreed that the only score which counts, is the score at the end of the FIFTH battle.

No more turn 29 flag rushes! Live to fight another days, as your real life counterparts might have done.

I played in a Band of Brothers campaign called Winter War. I can't express how much more interesting it is to have factors influencing your tactics beyond the final turn of the current board. You start to get attached to your troops, and you get much more personally invested in the outcome, and fate of your men.

Its the only way to play, and I can't wait to see this implemented. It is taking great effort not to get all giddy and anxious for the ship date...

:eek:

I want to know when y'all settle who is finally marrying Madmatt, because fyi I am his love-child, and I need some new Nike's...

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Karch,

I think the point is that it will TOTALLY change the dynamic of your battle.......

I understand completely and look forward to it as well. I was just joking. I probably won't get much chance to use the new feature very often as my main gaming partner and I usually just whip up a QB and let rip. Now if we keep using the same troops and extend the QB over and over again, it could get interesting. Even with smaller games.