I have come to bury Peng, not to Challenge him

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Berli, Berli, Berli ... you're just delaying the inevitable. Now stop being a grumpy old evil force, belly up to the bar and just say the words ... Yes Dear.

Joe

The wise words of the Justicar.

Persephone

Originally posted by Leeo:

I wouldn't take that if I were you, Croda

Plagerism!

Thats my line you grotty ex-squire!

I demand cessation of further uttering of that utterance and compensation for utterances previously uttered.

Orrrrr.....the Lawyer gets involved and that means no stenographers for you!

Fecking 'lil upstart.

[ March 07, 2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Stuka ]

Those in the ‘Pool who have never tried the Random Battle Generator should give it a test drive sometime; it’s a blast. This handy little program doesn’t give a rip about mamby pamby crap like ‘game balance’ or ‘fair play’. When coupled with computer picked forces, it offers some of the most exciting QB action in CM. You take what you get and deal with it, kinda like the real thing. Scenario designers should be a little jealous of this utility, for players don’t whine about its choices.

Yep, I played Leeo Again. It was easily the most thrilling first 7 turns I’ve ever played. Defending against the assault is always a challenge, and Leeo had 12 pieces of supported armor to throw at a company of French infantry with their single M4 and lone Greyhound. The mines got 2, the Greyhound got 1, zooks claimed 2 more, and the brave little Sherman that could bagged 4 invading AFVs all by its lonesome before the optics got splattered with the tank commanders brains and the spree ended. The remaining turns saw every last German infantryman and crewmember taken out of the action, but those last 3 tanks just wouldn’t die.

It was a hootandahollerandahalf!

I have embarked upon my upgrade crusade at long last.

Step One: A new keyboard ... DONE!

Am I the man or what?

Joe

I had HOPED for a better response, certainly more than the tired "I'd vote for or what." of FlossieJeff. Stuka showed some promise with his takeoff of Ferris Bueller, but really people ... you just have to work harder. There will be more tests unless I can prove that the CessPool is still the CessPool.

Joe

Am I the man or what?

Joe

How's this, Joe:

"the man"? We're not even sure if you're a man yet, Joe.

[ March 08, 2002, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: dalem ]

Am I the man or what?

Joe

Quick, wasn't someone set a task to discover a funny post by Shaw. That may be an eternal quest but here at least he makes an effort, however pitiful it may be.

The weekend is so close I can almost taste it. It tastes like beer. Mmmm…beer. I might even send a turn to one of my opponents this weekend. We can start the raffle to see who the lucky winner is.

I can imagine that deep within the bowls of Berli’s fortress, he is working on a Monday morning in his evil lab. He stirs his malevolent stew and cackles with glee. Two parts stress with a pinch of unreasonable expectations. “This will teach them to make posts with a lot of words” he grumbles to himself. “I hope they all sod off like the pillocks they are.” He then sends out his stew in Evilware containers via his imps. (Evilware is microwavable, dontcha know!) They will scamper to and fro across the globe in search of those who enjoyed their weekends. He can barely hear the voice from upstairs that gently chides him “Berlipoo, you can be less evil. Come on and snuggle with me, my hellspawn, Wagner aficionado.”

Like a kick in the crotch, I know that Monday will arrive and pummel my sensibilities. But, I have the miniscule hope that perhaps I will enjoy this weekend and will be in a complete coma come Monday. I can hope.

Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

I wouldn't take that if I were you, Croda

Plagerism!

Thats my line you grotty ex-squire!

I demand cessation of further uttering of that utterance and compensation for utterances previously uttered.

Orrrrr.....the Lawyer gets involved and that means no stenographers for you!

Fecking 'lil upstart.</font>

Stuka, if you are gonna go running around trademarking catch phrases and words than I want the phrase, "You SUCK!". It's mine dammit and don't be fooled by that imposter Hiram-Short-Hairs with his bogus "SUCKS to be YOU" line. He a nancy, pancy fan boy, that is all he is.

Oh and BTW, I am kicking Crudda's ass in a QB. I am attacking a town and I should have 3 or 4 flag out of 5 with light to moderate casualties to boot.

Oh, and Shaw... You SUCK!.

Jeff

Originally posted by jshandorf:

Stuka, if you are gonna go running around trademarking catch phrases and words than I want the phrase, "You SUCK!". It's mine dammit and don't be fooled by that imposter Hiram-Short-Hairs with his bogus "SUCKS to be YOU" line. He a nancy, pancy fan boy, that is all he is.

Oh and BTW, I am kicking Crudda's ass in a QB. I am attacking a town and I should have 3 or 4 flag out of 5 with light to moderate casualties to boot.

Oh, and Shaw... You SUCK!.

Jeff

If you're going to have light to moderate casualties, then you're nancy boys should have all the flags and shouldn't have sat back with your infantry cowering from a damned Hetzer! I haven't had anything more than a routed Company HQ with 1 guy left and LOW ammo on his .45 for 10 turns and that lone guy hiding under a rock has kept your reinforced battalion at bay the whole time. I had 2 Hetzers and slaughtered your tank regiment. I also saw you pick your nose and eat it while we were playing TCP/IP you dingo-dipping bastard!

[ March 08, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Croda ]

Am I the man or what?

Joe

You people make me want to puke, nothing new in that of course, but I'm talking some serious heaving in this case.

Everyone seems to be concentrating on the obvious, i.e. and to wit Am I the man or what?. In point of fact, you have far greater opportunites with the upgrading section but NO ONE HAS TOUCHED IT!

Here, these are for free:

"Gee Joe, I didn't know you needed a keyboard with a Gameboy!"

OR

"I'm glad you were able to find a new keyboard for your Trash 80 at Radio Shack."

OR

"Perhaps your NEXT big purchase will be a mouse pad ... please keep us informed."

Bah! The CessPool ain't what it used to be.

Joe

Bah! The CessPool ain't what it used to be.

Nope, we've resorted to old fogies trying to make fun of themselves and still failing miserably.

In case anyone else fails to point it out: You're not funny. Stick with the 'dropped my dentures in the pot of stew' routine you're so good at.