Where's CMMOS? Status and previews (big pics) UPDATED YET AGAIN!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon, a truly outstanding piece of work. If you have a paypal or nochex account I will make a donation right now! :D

One question for you. Is this 'the' winter effect for the units or will their be others like there was with the last incarnation? Ie, will their be 'frosted' variants, that looked so cool in CMBO. I always used that particular effect it looked so realistic. These mods look almost surreal with their white washes. I'm no expert so don't flame me, and I will definitely be using these.. Although alas, I'm on 56k. Ouch :rolleyes:

*Captain Foobar*,

I'll assume that's a good thing. smile.gif

phil,

Nope, no paypal account, but thanks anyway.

I consider the whitewashed vehicles (both these Soviet ones and the German dunkelgrau ones) as "emergency" mods to provide winter versions of as many of the vehicles and guns as possible as quickly as possible while not being too sureal. smile.gif I believe these mods are historically representative of a fresh coat of whitewash based on many photographic examples.

These mods take on the order of minutes per vehicle/gun. Unfortunately, the snow-covered mods take more like several hours per mod to do a decent job, and at almost 300 vehicles and guns, even assuming I ground out 3 per week to the total exclusion of everything else in my life we're talking about a 2 year project.

I think I'd rather PLAY the game. smile.gif

Gordon

akdavis,

The reason is that it would take too long to produce 300 vehicles and guns with snowy and/or dirty suspensions. These are intended as "emergency" winter mods so that people have (hopefully a complete set of) winterized vehicles and guns to play with.

Michael,

Thanks for not taking too long to notice that. smile.gif I guess my source about Grossdeutschland's "left-handed volunteer" brigade was incorrect. tongue.gif

Gordon

Woohoo ! The finns, the finns are coming !

Btw. it was snowing this morning and the landscape is starting to look "winterish", just -12 degrees Celsius yet tho' but soon we'll hit the big -20. Can´t wait for the winterized finns, I'm getting in the feel of Talvisota (the Winterwar).

Well, he's still at it. Won't someone stop this boy before he mods again?

Whitewashed_Yellow_ACs_Preview.jpg

You'll note that THESE armored cars are kinda yellow-ish underneath, as opposed to the previous armored cars that are kind of grey-ish underneath. ;)

And yes, CMMOS v4.00 should be release ANY DAY NOW.

Gordon