PawBroons new ARCHER at TCMHQ

Gentlemen,

" Allied Armor " site - row 4 on the right. I guess you have to reload the site ( maybe up to 3 time... I fear my provider " caches " older html sites ). Does it work now ??

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Rommel22:

ahhh so pretty! Thanx Pawbroon and Tom!!

Yea I dont see it either, where is it?!

Pawbroon, this is your best work to date. Great job!

I didn't know you were an Alan Parsons Project fan.

In case you don't get that, that egyptian eye symbol on the front of the Archer is featured all over the liner notes and cover on the Eye In The Sky album by APP.

Mord.

[ March 04, 2002, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Thanks all.

It was from a famed RTR anecdote where a Chinese farmer asker tankers of the Royal Tank Regiment how their tanks could possibly see without eyes.

This was in WW1.

They took on painting eyes on turrets.

The idea carried on WW2 and those eyes were seen on many Mathildas.

Those on the Archer are called Eye of Horus.

They are supposed to be a lucky charm.

Painting such things on a vehicle most people drive rearward in battle seemed to be necessary...

Lord,

I have had problems accessing Tom's in the past. This is what I do:

-Delete his site in the 'my favorits' menu.

-Find a site that links to his and then hit the link.

-Re-add him back to 'my favorits.'

For some reason, this corrects the problem. I know not why, but I can once again access his site.

Thanks Rex.

Those ReadMe in my MODs were the first time where I had a chance to dedicate something to other MODers.

Then I pushed the logic futher and did this little web site of mine.

Upon releasing my Pershing I'll include a ReadMeRex where I'll be myself.

:D

Hey, those good luck eyes actually work :D I took my newly modded Archer out for a reverse run at the AI +100% last night. At the end of the battle it had killed 2 Panthers with front turret hits plus 3 Halftracks and survived.

Any chance of a cut and paste eye mod which I can stick on all my vehicles at the scenario's start?

Good news (for me, anyway)!

I dumped my old Netscape Navigator and replaced it with the newer Netscape 6, and Tom's CM site is now available to me hassle-free!

Now I can view my own mods up on on his site (chuckle chuckle).

---

Call me crazy, but before installing his (great) Archer on my machine I cut the resolution of a couple of the bmps in half -- didn't harm the quality too too bad. Sacrilege I know, but blame my old 300mhz G3mac.