CM Outpost --> MOD Catalogue DONE, Terrain, Odds&Ends

It is with extreme pleasure... no, relief, to announce that the CMBO MOD Catalogue is now done with the completion of the...

sky-clear%2016.jpg

Terrain MOD Catalogue

and

markers%2000.jpg

Odds & Ends MOD Catalogue

This completes this project of some six to seven straight weeks of nothing but mod installing and screen shots for all my non-work hours. In other words, no RL. Once started and into it, I realized just how much an idiot I was. But I saw it through anyway.

CMBB will get the same as soon as I get it. The picture format will increase. I will post the entire CMBB Catalogue once all of it is done. Though its more units and terrain, having no MODs initially will speed things up. Once the MODs start to come, the list could help MODers check what has been done and what has not.

With that, I'm going to go drink several very tall beers and maybe, just maybe, play a CMBO game for a change. :cool:

Enjoy!

gibsonm,

Huh? :confused: <as beer spills on lap>

What two categories? Hit the refresh button on the browser. This was an announcement that the last two categories were completed. Done. Finished. Out a' here... :D

Michael,

The plan is to keep it up to date. I have two mods sitting in my download folder that I can now finally get to and add to the lists. I'll be silently adding them as they come out. And of course, any email is welcome if a MOD is available that I had missed.

Originally posted by kump:

Michael,

The plan is to keep it up to date. I have two mods sitting in my download folder that I can now finally get to and add to the lists. I'll be silently adding them as they come out. And of course, any email is welcome if a MOD is available that I had missed.

If you ever want to play CM again, you may need to think about blocking the addies of Gordon Molek and his retinue....

Thanks for all the hard work, this was sorely, sorely needed.

http://cmoutpost.net/lists/cmbo_odds_ends/explosion.htm

hey kump,

excellent job per usual.

one thing though, i am using someone's explosions that you havn't listed. the readme has no name and is in french but the zip file says: xav_explosions.zip

it is a smoky explosion mostly black with little red and orange showing up.

"Ce Mod est destiné à créer des explosions moins 'Holliwoodish' que la stocky...

Bon en clair, ça fait moins de flammes...

Ce Mod a été réalisé avec la fonction copier/coller de Windows redface.gif )"

no idea where i got it or where to find it now. sorry for lack of info.

Excellent job on the site. :cool:

I have suggested to the web designers at Combat Mission HQ that they but a link to your site from their CMMOS mod page. Using both sites together makes for the ultimate mod resource.

Now have a rest before starting on the CMBB catalogue :D

Lou2000

Hey Garry,

It's is good to see you active in the CM community again maintaining your excellent CM Outpost. Your newly released CM Catalogue page is an AWESOME bit of work. I can only imagine the amount of work that went into it. :eek: :eek:

I was looking at the mods for the M10 and M36, becasue I knew Marco Bergman (the CM mod maker extraordinaire!) was working on them. I never thought that they had been released but your catalogue seems to indicate that they are available at Combat Mission HQ. I looked in the 3rd Party mods, Allied tanks section but no sign of the mods.

Any clues as to where (if) I can get my hands on those mods?

Cheers

Lt Bull

[ August 16, 2002, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]

Did you get any feedback from BTS about this effort? Not that you were looking for it or anything, but it is a bang up job (and much needed, IMO). Was just wondering what kind of (if any) feedback from the developer psychotics like you get...

Can this work be farmed to distribute the load (specially for CMBB)? Should be easier to manage at the start of a new game, but the scope of CMBB seems daunting for a solo effort like this...

Havermeyer,

No, there has been no correspondence with BFC, which is not unusual since this is just a fan based initiated thing.

CMBB will be done right away (with larger pictures), regardless of the number of units. First it will be slowly researching every unit in CMBB, what month/year bmp's change for the same unit (like infantry uniforms), and so on. Once that is done, I think the list will be completed pretty fast, and yes, it will be easier without installing and screen capturing 800+ mods.

As for spreading out the work, I think that is not necessary. I did this project for myself so I can quickly check what is and is not available for my own gaming. I thought I would share. I can only promise that I will do my utmost to get the new mods posted to the list as quickly as possible.

Please email if anything is spotted that I missed. I really appreciate the heads up. I do have several new mods sitting in my "todo" folder and a certain Canadian site with mods that I need to include. I'm also examining some method that I can list what has been added recently to the catalogue so people can jump to the appropriate page without too much searching...

PS: I will be doing the CMBB MOD Catalogue right away because it would be a cool way of turning more people onto the game. You can point your friends to it and have them view the vast number of units available. I know that would turn me on. :eek:

[ August 16, 2002, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by kump:

CMBB will be done right away (with larger pictures), regardless of the number of units. First it will be slowly researching every unit in CMBB, what month/year bmp's change for the same unit (like infantry uniforms), and so on. Once that is done, I think the list will be completed pretty fast, and yes, it will be easier without installing and screen capturing 800+ mods.

PS: I will be doing the CMBB MOD Catalogue right away because it would be a cool way of turning more people onto the game. You can point your friends to it and have them view the vast number of units available. I know that would turn me on. :eek:

*Takes a knee and thanks the Good Lord for having put Gary Kump on this earth at this time, and in this place*

Originally posted by russellmz:

http://cmoutpost.net/lists/cmbo_odds_ends/explosion.htm

hey kump,

excellent job per usual.

one thing though, i am using someone's explosions that you havn't listed. the readme has no name and is in french but the zip file says: xav_explosions.zip

it is a smoky explosion mostly black with little red and orange showing up.

"Ce Mod est destiné à créer des explosions moins 'Holliwoodish' que la stocky...

Bon en clair, ça fait moins de flammes...

Ce Mod a été réalisé avec la fonction copier/coller de Windows redface.gif )"

no idea where i got it or where to find it now. sorry for lack of info.

Yeah! That's my mod :cool: I send it to Garry this morning... You can download it at this link

http://appui-feu.panzershark.com/fichiers/xav_explosions.zip

As russellmz said it's an explosion mod with more smoke and less fire. So it's my "less Hollywoodish, more grogish" mod ;)

What an outstanding job. I can't imagine the amount of work that went into this. This is just way too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a fantastic tool you have allowed us to share. And Yes enjoy yourself a couple of beers. You deserve it and I'll have one myself in your honor. Again thank you Sir.

From Tom himself!

Thanks Tom. If you noticed, all the sky shots of winter include your Ardennes mod. Why? Best damn winter terrain mod I have. I just love it. A classic mod.

Speaking of such, if your street fighting (city) mod gets done for CMBO, I want it bad. The pavement bmp of the Ardennes mod was very good and a hint of what could be done for such a mod. I hope CMBB doesn't put a nail in it, for your fans are still going to want it.