Mod previews - Der Schweinestall

By "white insignia" do you mean unit markings, etc?
Exactly. Little tactical symbols, Maltese crosses, even good 'ol '808' or '101' on the turret sides. Not complaining mind you, just suggesting (and wishing I was 1/10th as good at this as you). Thanks for your efforts!

ianc

Hell! :eek:

GREAT 3dimensional impression created by coloring/shading on flat BMPs! I've never seen such an exeptional work since Steven Burvenichs PzIV for CMBO.

Is it possible to have a look on the tank's engine through the ventilation-fences? ;)

The flags increase the 3d feeling even more.

Can't wait.

There's one improvement you could make (don't know if it's possible):

the upper side of the tracks are to bright (they are missing the shadow that falls from above).

But one is sure: Tom will not be able to host them.

This would be his last hosting for months... ;)

[ October 15, 2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Originally posted by Gordon:

Thought folks might be interested in seeing what's being prototyped for "Der Schweinestall - Dunkel Grau", the muddy, dirty, early war German Vehicles rule-set of CMMOS.

DerSchweinestallPreview.jpg

It will be a companion to "Der Schweinestall - Dunkel Gelb", the muddy, dirty, "yellow" German Vehicles rule-set and "The Pig Pen", the muddy, dirty, Russian vehicles rule-set.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Gordon

That's Pretty Damn Impressive!!

Nice Job!

are they avaialable yet??

where will they be posted/hosted?

-tom w

Originally posted by Schoerner:

Hell! :eek:

GREAT 3dimensional impression created by coloring/shading on flat BMPs! I've never seen such an exeptional work since Steven Burvenichs PzIV for CMBO.

Is it possible to have a look on the tank's engine through the ventilation-fences? ;)

The flags increase the 3d feeling even more.

Can't wait.

There's one improvement you could make (don't know if it's possible):

the upper side of the tracks are to bright (they are missing the shadow that falls from above).

But one is sure: Tom will not be able to host them.

This would be his last hosting for months... ;)

I agree about the flag quality! Gordon, any chance you could mod the victory flags in CMBB? smile.gif

highlife,

Thanks for the info. I've completed Das Reich and LAH markings (both early war and Operation Zitadelle versions) and s.Pz.Abt. 502. Unfortunately, Grossdeutschland didn't seem to mark their Tiger much (except for the tactical numbers on the turret sides).

Shoerner,

I can make the tracks darker, but they'd be the same everywhere (there's no dynamic shading).

aka_tom_w,

They're not available yet, and will be part of the flagship launch of CMMOS for CM:BB, most likely on CM:HQ.

Nowotny,

Thanks, but I'm trying to get OUT of the modding business. smile.gif

Gordon

Anytime Gordon, you're the one with the talent. Regarding the GD Tigers, I was always disappointed that they did not have the "helmet" insignia.

Speaking of talents, although I was always on the "anti-panzer gray" side in CMBO, I'm already excited about the prospects for you creating "snow covered" mods of the early war german armor ;)

[ October 16, 2002, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: highlife ]

Wow, that is gorgeous! And I am so sorry to ask, but can you make one version wihtout the swastica? I'm still waiting for a version of CCJ's flag mod without the swastica as well. Could you edit it for me?

I've just seen so much stuff on Hitler's creation of the swastica that I cannot play the German side with swastica's on them...

japinard,

If somebody can point me to a reference showing the Germans using any flag other than the Nazi flag as an aerial recognition panel I'd be happy to supply it as an option, but AFAIK, that's all they used.

Gary Barr,

Soon, and we hope to start mass producing these as part of "The Pig Pen" mod group.

Gordon