Soviet WWII movies - any one wants them?

Movies are in Russian only, no subtitles - sorry.

I can get my hands on 3 movies:

"Hot snow" - AT guns are trying desperatly to hold off attempt to break siege at Stalingrad. (Lots of tiger looking tanks) 2 VCDs - 1.4Gig

I could try to make it smaller like 700MB DVX

"Star" - Soviets recon infiltrates behind enemy lines to find SS-Viking ready for counter attack

Not much fighting

"Stalingrad" - I think I can get this one too. Story of Stalingrad Siege from Summer 1942 to the end. Lots of small group action. AT Mines droped from buildings on German Tanks, etc...

"Crew of the tank and a dog" - Polish. First 4 episodes (out of 21?), might even have subtitles - I got to check.

Crew of T-34 fights its way to Berlin.

You wouldn't happen to have that one Byelorussian movie, that got banz0red when it first came out. It's about a Byelorussian hiwi (gasp!) who defects back to the partisans. And they decide to use him to infiltrate a train station, instead of just killing him. It was called Road Check, or Road Block or something.

I too am interested! Particularly in that Polish series.

Originally posted by killmore:

"Crew of the tank and a dog" - Polish. First 4 episodes (out of 21?), might even have subtitles - I got to check.

This one was very popular in Poland although it is glorifying Russian soldiers. Real Russians were differnt. They were dirty, poor, hungry..and savage. Once my father told me a story about Russian "liberators" stealing everything from their house. Then, one of them took a big clock out of the wall and demanded to make for him 100 small watches out of it /it is not a joke/

Originally posted by killmore:

[QB]I sometimes can get my hands on old Soviet WWII movies. (1960 to 1980)

Is anyone interested in them?[QB]

I'm interested but am confused at the same time. Why do you reference 1960 to 1980? Is that when they were released or something?

-Matt

Ahh, yes... "four tankers and dog", famous series. There was quite a few more episodes than 21 if I remember correctly. Oh, and for the record, Cpt. Kloss was another polish big wartime series. Cpt. Kloss and his amphibious Kübelwagen smile.gif The memories...

1960-1980 are their release dates

Some are black and white

Stalingrad was made in 1989

Regarding "4 tankist and a dog" - yes Soviets are presented well in that movie.

And yes they took my grandmother watch but she was still really happy to see them.

They kept explaining that USA on the Jeep stands for "Ubijem Sukinsyna Adolfa"

"Kill Son-of-a-bitch Adolf"

Actually, I remember the Soviets being portrayed more savage than the Poles. I.E in one episode, one of the tankers was asked to support defending soviet infantry, I think they entrenched the tank, and he took the bow MG out of it.

Anyways, he was next to a Sharp shooter in a trench (The Russians were definitely of different coloration), the Germans are attacking, the Sharp shooter carefully aims his dirty riffle (the tanker notices rough notches on the stock), and kills a German officer. The sniper is ecstatic, pulls out his bayonet, and proceeds to hack away at his stock to make another notch, right in the middle of the battle. The tanker looks at him in shock, then looks at his perfectly oiled MG, and lovingly pets the lacquered stock.

Originally posted by Cpt.Kloss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by killmore:

This one was very popular in Poland although it is glorifying Russian soldiers. Real Russians were differnt. They were dirty, poor, hungry..and savage. Once my father told me a story about Russian "liberators" stealing everything from their house. Then, one of them took a big clock out of the wall and demanded to make for him 100 small watches out of it /it is not a joke/</font>