Where's the bloody bocage?!

MrSpkr

I can't believe you guys would rip me off like this. Here I have been your number one cheerleader and even offered to pick up your dry cleaning, Grammont, and you short change me the bloody bocage.

"Oh, but we replaced it with Steppe" you say -- well I'm not buying it. CMBB won't be the same until we can enclose the Steppe with Bocage!

Now, you programming geeks better get your butts back into the program AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE BOCAGE!

Steve

[ September 24, 2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

I can't believe you guys would rip me off like this. Here I have been your number one cheerleader and even offered to pick up your dry cleaning, Grammont, and you short change me the bloody bocage.

"Oh, but we replaced it with Steppe" you say -- well I'm not buying it. CMBB won't be the same until we can enclose the Steppe with Bocage!

Now, you programming geeks better get your butts back into the program AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE BOCAGE!

Steve

Sorry, the French forgot to mention bocage in their operational contingency plans, in case of an invasion from England. Now had bocage been mentioned, you could bet your bottom dollar a Russian spy would have paid some French farmer for a shrubbery or two, and before you knew it the Russian frontier would be rife with bocage; but seeing as how the French overlooked the value of bocage in their strategic plans : no bocage for you! Blame the French.

Now what I'm thinking is, wasn't their hemp fields in southern Russia for the production of rope? The real question should be: where are the hemp fields!

Originally posted by Diceman:

Blame the French.

Oh sure, take the EASY way out! Everyone ALWAYS blames the French.

Not that they don't deserve it, of course, BUT STILL . . .

If you examine the historical record, you will find evidence of bocage in the Leningrad defences. In fact, Stalin himself ordered every Soviet child to plant a Victory Bocage for Mother Russia.

In 1943, the Soviets introduced the T-75 "Bocageski", a hedgerow on treads, designed primarily for the mobile protection of advancing Soviet infantry and field stills.

In 1948, all mentions of this fabulous machine were covered up upon order of the Brandenburgers and the Trilateral Commission.

In 1963, President Kennedy was shot in Dallas. Several theories place the shooter upon a grassy knoll -- but contemporary photos show small hedges growing in the area near where those shooters likely stood!

In a 1972 break-in at the Watergate Hotel, two of the burglars had strange leaves and plant detritus on their persons consistent with having ridden in Soviet Bocage.

In 1982, Yuri Andropov, former head of the KGB ascends to the General Secretary of the Soviet Union. One of his first acts is to demand records related to Soviet Bocage production in the 1950s. Shortly thereafter, Andropov dies under very mysterious circumstances.

In 1989, protestors storm the headquarters of the Stasi in East Germany. While thousands of secret documents regarding KGB and Stasi informants, agents, and operations are liberated by the mob, not one sheaf regarding the Soviet Bocage project becomes public.

In 1991, hearing rumors of desert bocage production, Saddam Hussein invades Iraq.

In 2002, the United States, hearing of Iraq's determination to possess weapons of mass bocage, prepares to invade Iraq and depose Saddam before he can unleash his bocage on the world.

And now, this -- BFC's refusal to accurately portray Soviet Bocage!

Et tu, Grammont, et tu?

Steve

Originally posted by Breakthrough:

Its called Babushka in Russia.......... {SQUISH}

More lies! 'Babushka' refers to the ultra-secret Soviet plan to take over the world by putting men on the East German Women's Swimming Team!

I've got my eye on you, Breakthrough . . . don't try anything funny . . .

[ September 24, 2002, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

More lies! 'Babushka' refers to the ultra-secret Soviet plan to take over the world by putting men on the East German Women's Swimming Team!

I've got my eye on you, Breakthrough . . . don't try anything funny . . .[/QB]

I was bounced from that progamn when my err, credentials couldnt be convincingly concealed in the womens bathing suit. ;)

Originally posted by willbell:

RTFM

Yes, yes, I know, Red Training Force Moscow was in charge of the Bocage Project! Everyone knows that! But why isn't it in the GAME!?

As for Lent Lease, no, the Bocage was never given up or leased out -- that was all just a cunning bit of maskirovka on Stalin's part.

Steve

[ September 24, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

No, BTS has done their homework. In fact, all CMBB versions except the russian got the bocage steppe depicted correctly.

Might be a problem with your graphics card - certain Nvidia cards display bocage in steppe only as little brown bushels; you only see them from the 1 or 2 camera levels.

You can check by having a look at the Stalingrad scenario, where the factory walls of the Red Banner Shrubbery Plant are camouflaged with bocage. Play Germans. If you can actually see the buildings, update your drivers.

MrSpkr, I belive it has to do with your obvious pro-centric Soviet bias. Bocage in the USSR was not available within the scope of the game's timeframe.

You see, T-75 "Bocageski" was discontinued in early 1940, after it was discovered that models made in the Urals contained Rhus radicans, or poison ivy.

Soldier's became infected in the nether regions, after using some of the more easily detached leaves for "sanitary purposes".

Which brings up the cry "Urrahh!", heard during human wave attacks. The literal translation is "it f#@&ing itches!". The motivation for the attacks was the rumour that the Germans were well supplied with toiletries.

Any true bocage grog would know this. You disappoint me.

I wish you folks would put the word "Peng" in the thread subject line so I can stop stepping into this stuff.

CMBB does not have bocage! Now what am I supposed to do with all these bocage mods now?!?

And for goodness sakes, what is a French?

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

I'm confused.

I thought Bocage delivery was part of lent-lease.

All of the bocage shipments were sunk en route. They were sent via the Southern Route near Australia. Haven't you ever heard of the Great Bocage Reef before?</font>