UK release will be 4th October

Mr Z

Please dont flame the messenger.

I work for CDV UK, so I can confirm we will be releasing it on Friday 4th October.

I can't confirm any other facts re: patches, et al, at the moment, but as and when i can, I will and I will post them here.

Thanks Mr Z !

I'd like to ask whether the UK date applies also to English version of the game sold in Germany ? Or do they sell the English version there at all ? If so, can I order to Finland using cash-on-deliver ? I'd use a VISA, but alas, as a poor student I haven't a chance of obtaining one ! :(

Too many questions at one time, but I'm anxious on knowing. Replies would be deeply appreciated !

Hi folks, for those who are interested in the Scandinaviam countries, CM2 is launching around the 7th October. But K.E.Matthiasen (which i guess is a company) is the person to contact.

I'm sorry but I only deal with the UK.

best

Mr Z

Prinz, Plan1, the finnish importer gives release date of September 30th here.

You can preorder it already atleast here. One of the order options is cash-on-delivery. I have understood that the finnish version they are selling is almost identical to the english version, only diffrence being an (as an extra to the original?) finnish manual.

[ September 10, 2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: ham ]

hmmmm,untill a few minutes before mister Z popped up with a topic regarding a new release date,Moon still kept saying it would be september 20

A few minutes after the post of mister Z it suddenly is halfway oktober and confirmed by moon too.

Now I do know that I will face bans,tortures,deathsentences and lord knows what else.

But I do not buy this!

I dont think the current way things are going is good!

I have always respected you guys from battlefront and what you did for us but with each day passing I get a feeling the veterans are of no use anymore.

We do need some honesty here,dont get me wrong I still buy the game even if I have to wait 5 more months,evry time a date is fixed it will be adjusted

There has been too much secrecy around here,made me think I get a secret weapon instead of a game.

Also the ongoing events regarding the release date looks like a soap TV series.

A screaming add says pre order now,but only mac folks can do that

We dont deserve this,a bit more perestroika would be very apreciated.

The way Major Holdridge handled his approach toward a release date is better than yours,Moon,Madmatt and the others take that as an example on how to do it corrct.

signed by a very disappointed CM player

henk

In light of the recent support Mr. Blair has shown our government, I think it is time for the American gamers to show some solidarity with our British cousins over this important issue!

We must boycott CMBB until October 4 -- we're all in this together.

Now, I know what you all are thinking -- he's lost his bloody mind! But stick with me here for just a second.

For the past four hundred years, our histories have been intertwined. in 1604, we settled the New World, and sent the loot back to Britain.

In 1776, having had enough of Britain, we revolted and declared our independence.

In 1812, the British decided they wanted us back, then settled for keeping Canada (but we won't hold that against you).

In the 1860s, we watched the British attempt to displease everyone, North and South, in the American Civil War.

In 1870, we made friendly wagers on how many more major wars the French would lose in the next hundred years.

In 1917, we came to war when a shipment of Hershey Bars en route to Britain was sunk aboard the Lusitania.

In 1929, we joined the Brits on the dole for the Great depression.

In 1941, we both lost battleships in the Pacific Ocean, and we both set up military bases in Australia to rescue the local women from the local sheepshaggers.

In 1945, we sat together on our side of the Elbe and watched the Germans and Russian spit on each other over Berlin.

For the next 50 years, we worked together to set up military bases in Germany to liberate oppressed German women from their shorts-and-suspenders-wearing males.

And now, we find ourselves at this crossroads. Indeed, it is apparent that this great evil that sits before us, delaying the release of CMBB to some of our oppressed cousins across the pond, must be faced down. We cannot allow this injustice to stand.

I call on my American brothers to stand with me as we pledge NOT to play CMBB until October 4, in a show of solidarity with our British friends.

(Besides, we will still get the game before the Canucks and more importantly the Australians, so it is definitely a win-win scenario.)

Steve

Originally posted by gatpr:

Personally I think waiting until Oct 4th as an act of solidarity is wonderful. I move , Mr Spkr, that you mail me your copy so I can pur it under lock and key. I will mail it to you Oct 3rd. Eagerly awaiting your reply.

There is a motion on the floor.

Is there a second?