DEDICATED CMBB MOD FORUM??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm all for someplace to do 'Mod Talk' & such. The thing about the Scenario Forum not being too busy is, That's The Point. Stuff doesn't get lost in twenty minutes, & people can actually share ideas & info. If somebody did an 'offsite' Forum that would do it too, I think. Anyway...

Strt

Hi,

I have say, that I agree that a Mod Forum would be a good idea.

In the run-up to the release of a new version of CM, clearly, there is a frenzy with regard to what should be/will be in the new version. However, once a game is out, and patched a few times, it is all about Mods for me. At this stage I feel I should say that it will take a lot to get me to start changing the textures, but a few sets of winter Mods would be great. I think the shipped graphics are stunning, Dan and others have done a great job, but always open to look at what Mods are on offer.

A separate Mod Forum would be very handy to help track Mod news.

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

Yes, I'm all for someplace to do 'Mod Talk' & such. The thing about the Scenario Forum not being too busy is, That's The Point. Stuff doesn't get lost in twenty minutes, & people can actually share ideas & info. If somebody did an 'offsite' Forum that would do it too, I think. Anyway...

Strt

Ideally, I would like to think that BFC valued the mod community enough to keep a close eye on such developments and actually go out of their way to assist the mod community in communicating and continuing to develop these fantastic mods that bring the game to a new level of realism IMHO. In fact, I wouldn't mind betting that Charles and Steve have already tried some of these mods! ;)

Unfortunately, the response we are getting from BFC on this IMPORTANT topic so far {ie: ZIPPO :( } leads me to think that perhaps your suggestion of an 'offsite' CM MOD FORUM option could be a valid one. Does anybody know of possible forum hosters if BFC continues to ignore the mod community?

AJ

[ October 16, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posted by Victor Semensi:

This is at least the second thread on this topic, see below:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000589

I vote again for a mod or mod/scenario only forum. Even if it were combined with CMBO it would still be easier to find new mods there than in this forum.

Thanks for that link Victor. It contains a single post on Sep 10th by BFC that states:

"The Mad One has left the building" for a bit. He'll be back and take a think on this soon

Steve

That was well over a month ago! Has Madmatt come back from his tropical island R&R yet? Can he think on this soon?? :D:D

AJ

This is a ridiculous idea.

Exactly what do you *mean* by "forum", eh? Ever stopped to thmink about that one? Why not a threeum or a fiveum? Does it not bother you that it would offend the Againstum?

Where is the environmental impact study, hmm?

And why "Mods"? The psychedelic sixties were not even *around* during WWII, and the Grateful Deadicated fans did NOT get along with the Mods, Prince Ferdinand was NOT a "Mod", and he was from that other war anyhow.

QED. Not MOD, QED. Silly rabbit- this thread is for kids.

Eden