peng challange

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hawkeye0619:

hello all,

I'm new at CMBO and i read the forums just about 2 times a week and i was just wondering what a Peng challange is? Thanks

It's a LONG story mate...

The short version is this.

They are a bunch of guys called "Cesspoolers", they all know each other quiet well and play there own sort of "internal" ladder. People start of as SSN's (Scum Sucking Newbies) rise to the rank of serf and knights etc.

They give each other a hell of a hard time but it's all in good fun. They have their own little internal jokes and so forth.

Anyone is welcome there (except me ;) but new guys will cop alot of FLAK from the regulars, the better you can give it back the better you will get along with them.

Of course someone from the MBT will drop in here soon and give you a run down of the Peng Challenge in the sort of cryptic language they use.

There is a lot more to the Cesspool then meets the eye and i couldn't cover it all in this thread. There is a FAQ on the MBT somewhere i think.

MBT = Mutha Beautiful Thread

Stix

Welcome to the forum, Hawkeye.

The Peng challenge a.k.a. the Cesspool?

Well, it's actually a place where new CM players can find opponents for PBEM or TCP/IP games.

The people there are famous for their hospitality and are always eager to have a polite conversation with what they call SSN's...

Just ask nicely.

:D

What'ssss thisss Precioussss? An SsssSsssN assking about the MBT? What should we tell it, Preciousss?

[serious] Pretty much what they told you is true...except they left out the mental and physical abuse that's heaped upon SSN's with all the tender love and affection normally found in someone like Huck Finn's father.

Also, to quote Seananchai, we employ a caste system that makes pre-Raj India look like something devised by the Ritz brothers.

Other than that, we're just your run of the mill, fun-loving bunch of neer-do-well's that use ritual cannabalism on a daily basis.[/serious]

[ July 15, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD...

where

We're as happy to see you as a Democrat is a tax increase!

We're as happy to see you as a Republican is an industrial subsidy!

We're as happy to see you as Seanachai is a bunch from the Christian Temperance Union!

We're as happy to see you as Mullah Omar is an SF team!

We're as happy to see you as Most Folks in the GenDiscForum are a reasoned arguement!

Get it?

No?

Then Sod off!

[edited 'cause I'm neither Andreas nor an Uberfinn]

[ July 15, 2002, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Iskander ]

Originally posted by Hawkeye0619:

hello all,

I'm new at CMBO and i read the forums just about 2 times a week and i was just wondering what a Peng challange is? Thanks

Ho ho... too easy. too easy.

*ahem*

Evidently, the only thing challenged around here is your dictionary.

Visit the Peng Challenge Thread if you dare, but don't go running home to momma if you get spanked like an errant schoolboy.

Originally posted by Stixx:

It's a LONG story mate...

Anyone is welcome there (except me ;)

There is a lot more to the Cesspool then meets the eye and i couldn't cover it all in this thread.

Stix

"You useless little bit of shredded meat that hasn't quite yet been sucked out from between the teeth of one of our lesser members, and spat into the mouth of a roight idiot."

I found your explanation not only apropos, but quite cogent. Even well spoken.

I remember your original appearance in the Peng Challenge Thread. I had high hopes for you (cue Spanish guitar).

But you arrived at a time of conflict, self-doubt, and confusion. You posted like an angry hand wielding the brand of bitterness!

(Guitar goes wild on the high end, with a determined-but-tear-jerking riff)

It's never too late, lad, to have an unhappy Peng Challenge Thread experience all to yourself.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

blabbity blab-blab-blab

Careful, Seanachai, you know what trouble you get into when you go fishing in the Outerboards...

Edited to add that I do think that Stixx lad hit it pretty much on the head. Spot on, righto, and thassright, so to speak.

[ July 16, 2002, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: dalem ]

Posted by Stalin's Organ:

There's no-one nice in there at all Stuka, let alone any Australians!!
My my. What a nasty person you are. There are LOTS of nice people in there. There are those Really Extremely nice, courteous Australians ; of course. {goes without saying}

Then there are..........hmmm.

Noba.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

We keep the Ozztralyuns fenced out back with a big sign that reads Please do not feed! It's just safer that way.

*taps back*

Errr Boo, you fence is broken and the Aussies have escaped.

Mace

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I remember your original appearance in the Peng Challenge Thread. I had high hopes for you (cue Spanish guitar).

But you arrived at a time of conflict, self-doubt, and confusion. You posted like an angry hand wielding the brand of bitterness!

Well i had high hopes for myself! I was cruising along quiet nicely but... Joe Shaw started to take things personnely.

He started sending 2,000 word emails to me and Mace about my attitude towards him in the MBT. I didn't care that he sent them to me but was annoyed that he would send them to Mace who i am good mates with and who had nothing to do with it.

Joe seemed like he was trying to run things when i was there and i couldn't get along with him, so... I left ;)

Stix

*air sirens howling*

"Mr.President, this is NORAD Strategic Air Command, General Freemont speaking. Our satelites just confirmed a leak in the Cesspool.

They're spilling into the outerboards!

The government is being evacuated as I speak. "

"The Cesspool? Hell! I knew it would happen one day.

OK, plaster the whole region with ICMBs! If they survive this we'll have to take plan B into account."

"You mean Britney Spears?"

"Yes. Prepare her to be dropped by a B-52."

"Sir, this would be a rather extreme measure."

"General, the fate of the civilized world is at stake! You have your orders."

"Yes Sir!"

[ July 16, 2002, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

If they survive this we'll have to take plan B into account."

"You mean Britney Spears?"

"Yes. Prepare her to be dropped by a B-52."

Alright, officer, we'll come quietly.

[ July 16, 2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Hakko Ichiu ]