One Challenge in the Life of Peng, De Son of a Vich....

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Now ALL OUT FOR 79!!!!!!

<BIG>Wh00t!</BIG>

*snort*

Oh, dear. Oh deary, deary me... {wipes away tears streaming down face..} Well, in baseball terms for you 'Merkin sports nuts, this is equivalent to one team's whole batting side getting out on FOUL shots every innings while the other side scores 50 home runs!! Friggin' hell.. what a WHUPPIN'!!!!! :D:D

AJ

PS: **LATE NEWS FLASH** - "English and Pakistani cricket authorites are holding urgent talks with a view to combining the best of their two so-called "test" sides into a "Paklish" team that might be able to compete in the Australian National Under 18 Women's Cricket competition"

Australian Women's Cricket spokesperson E. Everidge has already complained that "this move would lower the standard of women's cricket in Australia to a pathetic level...".

[ November 10, 2002, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Hi ... just wanted to take short moment to say PAGE FREAKING TWO you lowlife losers.

If all the Australians were a LITLLE less concerned about Crikety (whatever) and a bit MORE concerned about the MBT maybe we could keep this this on page one where it belongs.

Furthermore, I'm moving more and more vehicles off the map against Panzer Leader's runaway, runaway Partisans. Depending on how the game scores these things I could win ... or I could lose.

Joe

Leave it to the bloody English to name a game after a bug , and then put wickets and other sissy terms into it. geez, they were so much better when they were an Empire.

Edited to include: I would have thought the Aussies to be more manly, you would think so, they know how to use boomerangs and stuff. you just never know....

[ November 10, 2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Players get injured in Cricket?

How?

Dozing off then falling over?

I believe it is primarily wrist injuries.

In other news, all turns are out. Some of my opponents have gone MIA. These include Geier and Seanachai. If for some reason you think I owe you a turn, do let me know. I would hate to think that your death is being postponed in error.

From a post to the outerboard "Won't You Be My Neighbor Challenge Thread":

As for the Peng Thread...I don't think it is that hard to understand and a lot of the inside jokes are not that hard to understand, either. However, may I recommend the Cesspoolers come up with a standardized post they can cut-and-paste into the first thread of a Peng Challenge which explains the threads intentions and some of the inside references that newbies won't understand.

Oh I say chaps, what a simply smashing idea! Perhaps we could serve tea and crumpets and, if we ask nicely, perhaps the Ladies of the CessPool could bustle about and create some of those scrumptious cucumber finger sandwiches we all like so much. By Jove, the newcomers would simply be clamoring to get in, wouldn't they just.

Splendid notion old man, thanks ever so.

Don't these people read the rules? Don't they read the posts here? Why in the world would we CARE if anyone else gets it or not?

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

Ok, ok, so you won the 1st test!! There is 4 more to go yet, and when we get our injured players back, it's going to be a different story.................I hope!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

How?

Dozing off then falling over?</font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />From a post to the outerboard "Won't You Be My Neighbor Challenge Thread":

As for the Peng Thread...I don't think it is that hard to understand and a lot of the inside jokes are not that hard to understand, either. However, may I recommend the Cesspoolers come up with a standardized post they can cut-and-paste into the first thread of a Peng Challenge which explains the threads intentions and some of the inside references that newbies won't understand.

Oh I say chaps, what a simply smashing idea! Perhaps we could serve tea and crumpets and, if we ask nicely, perhaps the Ladies of the CessPool could bustle about and create some of those scrumptious cucumber finger sandwiches we all like so much. By Jove, the newcomers would simply be clamoring to get in, wouldn't they just.

Splendid notion old man, thanks ever so.

Don't these people read the rules? Don't they read the posts here? Why in the world would we CARE if anyone else gets it or not?

Joe</font>

Updates

Nidan1 I offered a cease-fire, what do I receive in reply? “The Fuehrer has said, "not one step back". Obviously he does not remember the aforementioned shot himself for being the gameiest De Son of a Vich that ever lived, well maybe next to Aussie Jeff .

Seanachai Claiming ill, no turns for a few days, very gamey.

Malcontent, No turns today in our rematch. Little does he know that his SU100 is a sitting duck. At this point his troops in the woods near the flag have sipped their last warm unaged colorless liquor. Gamey.

Edit to bold.

[ November 10, 2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

How?

Dozing off then falling over?

Only when playing het English.

Otherwise it's that danged littleball thing - I reckon they deliberately make it rock hard - OK, there's lots of games that have hard balls (known to the in-crowd as nuts) - but how many of them require said projectiles to be thrown as fast as possible directly at the opposing players? (appart from Hurling of course)

why do you think the batsmen wear leg armour, arm armour, body armour, helmets with visors and carry a bloody great flat bat? It's sheer self defence!

Originally posted by Pack Kuma:

Joe

My point exactly. Would you like some whiskey with your leather, lodgemaster? smile.gif

And Ah'm alway's confused tha' anywun ailse cares either. As there an' anthropologist aboot wha kin explain wha anywun gi's a festerin' flyin' fistful o' ferret dung aboot tha MBT or tha precious feckin' bandwidth (like any bastarrrd aroond here e'en knoos wha' tha' as)?

Af'n Ah wantae sit ain mah chair an' call Berli a leaky bag o' soggy Crodas, an' call tha yella pool o' bat piddle oot fer a thrashin' on a QB up tae 800 points, wha tha feck as at anywun ailses busnuss???

Ah think this Puke Kombi as prolly noo a psycho pathological potty brain, like some filthy stankin' Ooterboarders tha seem obsaissed wi' tha MBT- boot didnae hae tha facilities fer joinin' ain. Boot hoo aboot jus' leavin' us oot o' at? As tha sae harrrd? Wha e'er ye di laddie, at's noo aboot us as at?

Feh!

PS: Ah were tha ainly bugger ain tha history o' tha MBT tae actually bae ainvited tae show oop. Tha raist o' tha bastarrrds are ringers.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Some of my opponents have gone MIA. These include Geier ...

Yes yes yes. All turns are out to those deserving. And also to you Ethan.

Btw, you recall those large pieces of metal and high explosive that were dropping straight on your position that you were complaining about?

Well, it seems a slight miscalculation has occurred on my part.

I did say onehundred and FIVE millimeters didn't I? Damn sorry.

What I meant of course was onehundred and FIFTY-TWO millimeters. You know, the kind that "Jellify Fascists, even at fifty paces"?

And to think that those commies had so many of them too. Still, what's 5 centimeters more or less between hated enemies?

Originally posted by Pack Kuma:

sorry for the double post.

Oh my God, it's a friggen' Yalie , how could it use such a noble sig as the Japanese word for "Bear"

Pack Bare would probably be better....

Bare of wit!!!!

Bare of brain!!!!

Bare in the knowledge that we don't give a hoot about whether or not it "gets it, or not"

Sod Off!!!, git.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Updates

Nidan1 I offered a cease-fire, what do I receive in reply? “The Fuehrer has said, "not one step back". Obviously he does not remember the aforementioned shot himself for being the gameiest De Son of a Vich that ever lived, well maybe next to Aussie Jeff .

Seanachai Claiming ill, no turns for a few days, very gamey.

Malcontent, No turns today in our rematch. Little does he know that his SU100 is a sitting duck. At this point his troops in the woods near the flag have sipped their last warm unaged colorless liquor. Gamey.

Abbott, quit posting gamey updates and send me a feckin' setup! We're still 1 and 1, and I'm itching for the rubber game of the match.

For you Aussies - about this cricky thing. Is women's croquette the minor league for this so - called sport?

[ November 10, 2002, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Originally posted by Pack Kuma, in that other thread:

If the Peng thread is the one and only exception, I think that it needs to be a little less opaque for new folks. I've been lurking around here for years and *still* haven't figured it out.

There was a time, friends--er, enemies--when the best argument against democracy, it was said, was a ten minute conversation with the average voter. Today, it is a ten minutes perusal of any message board on the internet.

I recall the day not so very long ago when I wondered to myself, "I say, Self, what is this 'Peng' thingy that always hangs about page one of the lovely Battlefront forums."

*click*

"Well, look there, Self, the first post is a set of plainly, if rather ineptly stated rules that some little gnome put up, let's read them shall we?"

*reads rules*

"Hm...yes, I see. Pretty simple, challenge one person, with wit, without potty humor, to a game. Lot of strange acronyms though...let's read a bit shall we, Self?"

*reads a page or two of posts*

"Oh, I see, all pretty clear from context, really. Yes, no need for an advanced degree here."

Yes, dear enemies, remember that all those who cannot enter a thread, read a few simple rules, and pick up a thing or two from context have a voice equal to yours in matters of national defense, foreign policy, and domestic spending. And there are more of them.

Which is why, of course, I am a fascist.

Perhaps I should write a little pamphlet, "Understanding Peng in Fifteen Minutes with Only Two Brain Cells Required: It's that Fecking Simple."

But then again, for most people the summary would still be...SOD OFF! We’re saving them a lot of trouble really...