Need Motivation

Here is a small number of improvemenst which really shine for me....

</font>

• No more "arrrgghhh damn that 37mm toting light tank took out my panther" - the crews of tanks tend not to bail out from light gun hits as much.
    (Which makes early war tank duels a LOT of fun smile.gif )</font>
  • Rifle squads actually can do something...one of my pet peeves with CMBO was the lack of effect from long range rifle fire...now SMG squads don't rule the battlefield smile.gif </font>
  • HMG's are really good</font>
  • Cover arcs. These are wonderful</font>
  • Importing maps into quick battles...yum smile.gif
    </font>

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Can anyone sum up the improvements in BB? Also, anyone who cares to take an opposing view, as to where BO might be better?

I am without a suitable system for a while, and perhaps a little report from the players of BB might help get my off my duff and order.

<large>GET OFF YOUR LAZY, WORTHLESS ASS AND ORDER THE GAME ALREADY! WERE YOUR PARENTS BROTHER AND SISTER OR SOMETHING? BUCKET, WE <FONT COLOR="RED">WILL</FONT> MOTIVATE YOU IF IT TAKES AN ACT OF GOD!</large>

Or isn't that how they motivated you in the Corps? :D

I think it all depends on what kind of game you like. I feel CMBO is more for the gamer than CMBB.

In CMBB, everything works like it is supposed to. Machine guns, artillery, flak guns, and airplanes are now modeled correctly. If you wanted CMBO to be more realistic, you'll love CMBB! If you liked flak guns and SMG squads in CMBO, the pace of CMBB might frustrate you.

Sometimes I miss the simplicity of CMBO. Some of the "gamey" aspects of the game were a lot of fun, sometimes. Still, I adapted my game to the CMBB model and found it much more challenging and fun.

What did you think about the CMBB demo?

I don't know about anyone else, but I love the fact that CM:BB covers more years of the war; thus more units to choose from. Also I like improvements in the scenario editor, and I am actually liking QBs... scary, because in CMBO I hated them.

The idea of rifle squads being more effective is interesting enough, and the HMGs having more play in the game does sound good.

Of course, I will eventually get BB, perhaps when the new machine shows up. The wife has agreed to the purchase, she wants to put it off because of silly priorities like babies and such.

I am extremely gratified that no one said, "better graphics". I was never a SMG squad lover in BO, so it sounds like a must have after all.

BTW, Dorosh, the Corps motivated me with fresh flowers and a nice mint on my pillow every morning. :D

Yeh, yeh. The game runs good. But let's not forget it's got lots more COOL STUFF in it too.

In CMBB you've got PzIIIs and Stugs in more versions than you'll believe.

Get up close and personal with a bewildering array of Russian field guns.

The Axis and Allied aircraft list is long, detailed, with a wide weapons load, and is historically accurate.

Hungarian, Italian, and Romanian armor - need I say more?

In CMBB you've got PzIIIs and Stugs in more versions than you'll believe.

And don't forget early war years tank battles. I just finished playing "Katukov Stikes back" as the Germans. Not to spoil anything, but all I'll say is:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No wonder the Germans built the Tiger I the way they did.