By the pricking of my thumb, something CMMOS this way comes

Hi Gordon,

A question or two if I may (I couldn't find anything written on these topics at the site):

I'm currently running V4.00. What updates have been made in V4.01 that would be compelling? Is it worth the upgrade?

What's the upgrade procedure from 4.00 to 4.01? can I just install over my 4.00 installation without difficulty?

Thanks for any help,

ianc

ianc,

You'll want the new configuration files for some of the new mods (and others that are in the pipeline), the bug fixes and I think that the new help system and rule-set formatting features are worth upgrading for.

You should be able to install v4.01 on top of v4.00 without distubring any of your already installed mods and rule-sets.

Gordon

Excellent news! Thanks to Gordon and all the modders!

It's nice to know that I won't need to uninstall 4.0, and I'm really glad to see the Reichstag mod on the list! It looks very nice, but it's just not right for some maps. Now that it's simple to move it in and out, I'll be trying it!

[ December 09, 2002, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: HeadHunter ]

Gordon - I am getting error messages and program crashes whenever I try to convert anything to low res. Something to do with line 841 in the executable. I have just sent you a screen shot of the message and a description of what I was doing. Initially, I thought it was just one particular file, but now it seems I cannot convert to low res without crashing.

Please fix or do somefink!

Steve

Gordon,

CMMOS is a great program that just keeps getting better. Thanks for all your efforts!

p.s - From the CONFIGURE screen, would it be possible to add some sort of batch processing when adding/removing mods. By this i mean having something like an "ADD ALL" and "REMOVE ALL" button, whereby all the zips in a user selected folder are added/removed in one go? This way we can have different folders containing different setups without having to select each zip individually. Works very nice and quick as it is, but this would be a time saver.

[ December 09, 2002, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Manx ]

You're all welcome.

MrSpkr's bug is caused by trying to reduce the little thumbnail vehicle profile images which are odd-sized. I've made the fix and it will be in the next update.

Manx,

I've already been asked to add a add/remove multiple mods/rule-sets simultaneously feature, but I'm not sure that's exactly what you're asking for. What confuses me about your request is the "we can have different folders containing different setups" statement. The point of CMMOS is that you add the mods once and then apply different options over time. Please elaborate on why you'd want to wipe out all the mods and load a different set.

Thanks,

Gordon

Gordon,

I was just thinking along the lines of making it quicker to add/remove mods whether they are organised into one folder or many. I realise where the user stores the mods on their H/D isn't really a concern of CMMOS in version 4.0+, but i guess many ppl try to organise their mods into different categories (folders) on their H/D, mainly for clarities sake (by country, type, year, mod-maker etc. etc.), rather than lumping them all into one.

If i still ain't making sense, just ignore me. It's very late, well early, and i'm tired! ;)

Originally posted by jiggles:

Outstanding! Buy that man a beverage of his choice!

Ehh, it's done! See my signature line at the bottom :D

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/….~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of BTS (Baldy got the Fat Bastard Chardonnay!)</font>
  • ”Thank You” donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their splendid RoW scenarios</font>
  • Donation send to Gordon Molek for his outstanding CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze) </font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)
    </font>

Panzerman,

Sorry, I'm not a Mac user, but I was told once that writing an AppleScript to do so would be pretty easy. If you or anyone else figures out how to do so, let me know and I'll try to incorporate it into the mod documentation some how.

Manx,

Ok, I understand the multi-add/multi-remove concept, and considered adding it as part of the original CMMOS v4.00 development, but was concerned that processing bunches of mods in sequence would be too much. I'll reconsider and examine this issue for the future.

WineCape,

Looking forward to them. smile.gif

Thanks,

Gordon

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Does anyone know how I can delete the _ww for example, (I'm on a Mac; I love the mods but it takes hours to remove that from every bmp.) without having to do it bmp by bmp?

Panzerman check this thread.

Applescript

The applescript mentioned in the thread is found on all macs.

To convert 350 files, it takes 45 sec.

Hope this helps all mac users

Hoopenfaust 101,

Could you or another Mac user summarize that thread into a single paragraph or so? I'm afraid to do so since I don't have a Mac to compare it to during translation and wouldn't want to mis-translate something. If someone could do so, I'd be more than happy to include that text in the documentation for each CMMOS mod. (at least until the Mac version of CMMOS come out). smile.gif

Gordon

Gordon, this is the first time I've been able to get CMMOS to work properly and I'm addicted! Fantastic work,I've never been able to get the CMBO British Camo mods to work until last night! Big Kudos to you for all your hard work and effort!

Originally posted by Gordon:

Hoopenfaust 101,

Could you or another Mac user summarize that thread into a single paragraph or so? I'm afraid to do so since I don't have a Mac to compare it to during translation and wouldn't want to mis-translate something. If someone could do so, I'd be more than happy to include that text in the documentation for each CMMOS mod. (at least until the Mac version of CMMOS come out). smile.gif

Gordon

No problem. My mac at work actually doesn't have the script that I used

:confused:

but I'll do it when I get home at lunch. Might have to e-mail this script out to mac users just in case.

Originally posted by jagcommander:

Gordon, the link to the new CMBO rule set (v1.03) for "Miscellaneous" seems to be broken. Is is just a bad link or is the new rule set still in the works?

Thnaks for you many efforts!

Ok, fixed the link. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mr.Poisz, and Splinty,

For only $999.99, I offer a 12-step program to cure your addiction. smile.gif

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, but no thanks. I like this particular addiction. All my mod-slut needs in one simple program. Who could ask for more? :D

BTW, could you consider CMMOSing your Camo Ram Kanga?

[ December 10, 2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Splinty ]