BFC - Release Date Shipping Question

MrSpkr

Guess what?.... I just received some information that tells me that anyone living west of the mississippi river will receive their game after, repeat after, the game gets shipped to the rest of the country... something about all of those folks being anti-European. tongue.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Guess what?.... I just received some information that tells me that anyone living west of the mississippi river will receive their game after, repeat after, the game gets shipped to the rest of the country... something about all of those folks being anti-European. tongue.gif

I like this. This has the ring of truth about it. I am very pleased.

Shoot, thats me! Oh well. There are other things in life than getting CMBB sooner than others. Atleast I can give the Canadians a hard time about getting it before them!

Oh...didn't I say that the shipment to states west of the Mississippi would be after the Canadian shipment? Something about being anti-Canadian as well. I dont think BFC is punishing anyone who pokes fun at the Aussies ;)

Yer ain't from 'round heer, is you?

Texas ain't no state -- it's a whole 'nother country.

Steve

I think that the opening questions are a little overwrought. Like the release of the game -- which was released when it was ready -- the answer is simple: You will receive it when you receive it. :confused:

There's not a damned thing that you can do about it. :(

In fact, if you worry about it too much, you might just send out enough brainwaves to disrupt your karma flow, resulting in your CD ending up misdelivered or delivered in damaged condition. :eek:

Just go with the flow. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and imagine that you're sitting by a beautiful lakeshore -- with a laptop on your lap playing CMBB, of course! :cool:

Guest SnarkerII

I got no mail today. I never get no mail. I think my game already shipped and my mailman grabbed it, went home and started playing.

Oh, and for you Canadians - I have it on no authority whatsoever that your customs inspectors plan on doing the same. :D

I gotta admit (with my Alabamian-East-of-the-Mississippi-self)that this whole(European taunting)thread has been (oh, yeah, Canadians too...danged Quebec folks[too close to Europeans])

I will enjoy all this stuff, and whenever my game gets here (soon I hope) it will get here. Until then, I can but laugh at shortness of temper. That and eat daid things that most other countries justly decry as "roadkill". Spam.

LOL

Yeah, and I challenge most anyone here to PBEM. Just 'cause.

If I were packaging and shipping the CMBB disks, I would probably start at the beginning of the list and work down. When I had them ALL packaged, I would make one trip to the Post Office. IOW, everone's CD would be shipped last if it were up to me. The one exception would be Seanachai's disk. I would give his order special treatment with a hammer, and ship it a week after the others.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Texas ain't no state -- it's a whole 'nother country.

Agreed.

Now if we could just get the U.S. government to acknowledge the sovereignty of Texas, you'd be poised to assume your rightful place in the world. Which is of course at the end of the line, right alongside the Canadians and Australians.

Papa

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

So, what has Madmatt been doing for the past few days... licking stamps? He's probably over at the distribution center "motivating" the guys stuffing the envelopes. I don't doubt that all of the pre-orders will be mailed on 9/20, if not sooner.

Right on!!!, I think this is what we are all hoping for, however based on the sense of humor that I have noticed on this forum, it would not surprise me if the boys at BFC sent a few out early to selected individuals just so they could tongue.gif the rest of us for a few days.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I have a question concerning MsSpnkr's "Hit List". I have a rather low number (5), due in part to my ability to annoy the aforementioned MdmSprnklr. So, will my game with MgmSprklr start the same day the game arrives (will he play several games at once), or will I have to wait a few weeks?

I'm sorry, Boo, but this is the "Shipping Questions" thread. You need to try the "Bloated Sig-line" tag, next door I think.

Boo, Boo, Boo . . .

In suchb a hurry for your demise? I shall send you a file when I receive my copy of CMBB (PSST! Bald One! You are sending that out EARLY, aren't you?)

We shall play a fun little scenario involving partisans, and soon-to-be dead or dying German rear echelon types.

That is where I would imagine you would have spent the war -- in the rear area, polishing the chrome on the officer's cars, and holding doors open for the various and sundry important personages that might pass your way daily without ever acknowledging your pointless, dreary existence.

In other words, much like your life today.

Steve

At the risk of posting something vaguely on-topic, I would like to point out that many of us (including Europeans) received TacOps on Monday, i.e. three days (including a weekend) after its official release. So Mac users at least should start checking their mail boxes on Monday, even if they are Rightpuddlians.

Michael

Boo, Boo, Boo . . .

In suchb a hurry for your demise? I shall send you a file when I receive my copy of CMBB (PSST! Bald One! You are sending that out EARLY, aren't you?)

Early 2003, if there's any justice in the world.

We shall play a fun little scenario involving partisans, and soon-to-be dead or dying German rear echelon types.

So, you're saying you've already picked the German's as your side?

That is where I would imagine you would have spent the war -- in the rear area, polishing the chrome on the officer's cars, and holding doors open for the various and sundry important personages that might pass your way daily without ever acknowledging your pointless, dreary existence.

You got a point here, Sparky?

In other words, much like your life today.

Steve

That's funny, coming from a lawyer. C'mon, throw some more self-worth comments in there. Nothing like a big helping of irony with which to wash down lunch.

CMBB Hit List: [...] (24) Agua (25) Pondscum

Spkr, you idjit--"Agua" isn't a knight of the Mutha-Beautiful Thread. No bolding for ssn-types! Don't make me make Joe Shaw come over there...

Agua Perdido

[Edited to note that, even though this is the outerboard, Croda is still a brainless prat, and I will get my copy of CMBB at least 32 hours prior to that-idiot-lawyer-from-Texas-MrSpkr.]

[ September 18, 2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Agua Perdido ]

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

CMBB Hit List: [...] (24) Agua (25) Pondscum

Spkr, you idjit--"Agua" isn't a knight of the Mutha-Beautiful Thread. No bolding for ssn-types! Don't make me make Joe Shaw come over there...

Agua Perdido</font>

Ahhhhh.... so THAT is what the bolding is about. I figured those were the folks he knew were going to really kick his azz. Moreover, if he had followed my directions to begin with, he wouldn't suffer from the embarassment engendered by this most recent display of ignorance as I expressly told him he did not have my permission to add my name to his silly list.

Originally posted by Agua:

Ahhhhh.... so THAT is what the bolding is about. I figured those were the folks he knew were going to really kick his azz. Moreover, if he had followed my directions to begin with, he wouldn't suffer from the embarassment engendered by this most recent display of ignorance as I expressly told him he did not have my permission to add my name to his silly list.

Problem is, I pay about as much attention to your posts as I do Schlecter Wasser's.

So sue me.

Steve