Any Chance of A CMBB Preview in New York?

I would be interested in this.

If NY is out but central NJ is a possibility, I would also be willing to volunteer my home for a weekend-day gathering. I live in a town called Somerset, and my home is only a mile off of Route 287, just south of where 287 and Route 22 intersect. It's very convenient, driving-wise, and there's plenty of room (on weekends, that is, when my housemate is out more often than in)

If anybody out there has and wants to demo a copy of CMBB, but feels that NYC would be inconvenient for people email me directly. Perhaps we could use my place as a convenient spot midway between Philly and NYC?

DjB

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

I would be interested in this.

If NY is out but central NJ is a possibility, I would also be willing to volunteer my home for a weekend-day gathering. I live in a town called Somerset, and my home is only a mile off of Route 287, just south of where 287 and Route 22 intersect. It's very convenient, driving-wise, and there's plenty of room (on weekends, that is, when my housemate is out more often than in)

If anybody out there has and wants to demo a copy of CMBB, but feels that NYC would be inconvenient for people email me directly. Perhaps we could use my place as a convenient spot midway between Philly and NYC?

DjB

Neeuuuuuuu Jersey!!! My God!! We're not barbarians you know. :D

How about Brooklyn?

I'm in!! I am happy to provide refreshments/food. I can also bring a laptop with a 15" screen and a 64MB video card to increase the number of machines available.

I live in Manhattan and would be happy to offer space, but alas my apartment fits the stereotype of Manhattan abodes: tiny. I'd be willing to make the trip to Jersey for a peek at CMBB, tho. . .

Here's hopin'

YD

[ July 19, 2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: YankeeDog ]

New York? ill be there if such a chance arrises... however things unfortunatly dont seem like thats gonna happen...if it hasnt already i dont think it will...anyone wish to prove me wrong??? :D

[ July 19, 2002, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Drez ]

I would come to any preview in Manhattan or the outer Boroughs that is within reasonable walking distance of public transportation (New Yorkers tend not to have cars).

Given the space problems that plague most people in Manhattan, may I suggest Staten Island near the Ferry (assuming anyone lives there), the northern Bronx, or something a couple of miles into Brooklyn like Park Slope? Note that this is the exact geographical opposite of what I would be suggesting if it were merely a question of organizing a gathering in a public place.

Note: Michael offered to come last weekend of October.

Note: Release date is 20020920.

Conclusion: Mr Dorosh is welcome to join us in the city, at an undisclosed location off the Bruckner Expressway. At 2am. Wearing very very heavy shoes.

Originally posted by Triumvir:

Note: Michael offered to come last weekend of October.

Note: Release date is 20020920.

Conclusion: Mr Dorosh is welcome to join us in the city, at an undisclosed location off the Bruckner Expressway. At 2am. Wearing very very heavy shoes.

I meant 2003, by the way.

O.K.

We've established that their is a fair amount of interest in a N.Y. sneak peak.

So that being said. I officially offer my house as the host location. ( Large BBQ...Check...2 PCs on a LAN...Check...Access by major roads and mass transit...Check...Beta copy of CM:BB...Damn )

Can a Beta Tester help us out ?.

Originally posted by Chris5110:

O.K.

We've established that their is a fair amount of interest in a N.Y. sneak peak.

So that being said. I officially offer my house as the host location. ( Large BBQ...Check...2 PCs on a LAN...Check...Access by major roads and mass transit...Check...Beta copy of CM:BB...Damn )

Can a Beta Tester help us out ?.

That's great of you to offer, Chris, heck, you should just throw a CM party sometime and us Gameer geeks in the NYC area will descend on you swank party pad like vulures to the kill. :D

Hey, can anybody offer a ride for a beta tester?? That might increase our chances of getting someone. I might be able to, but maybe someone else can guarantee it. I don't own a car (one of the best things about living on Manhattan!!), but my girlfriend does and often lets me borrow it.

Since no beta tester has come out of the woodwork yet, I doubt we're going to get anyone, but I figure it's worth a try. . .

Cheers,

YD

Well, I've already said where I live, and could provide automotive transportation for a beta tester who lives reasonably close to my place, the host location, or along the route between the two. I would also bring along my corporate laptop (P3800, 14.1", 32MB card), altho I'm not sure how easy it would be to reconfigure for a home LAN.

DjB

I can offer nothing as I have no beta test copy of CMBB, I have no means of transportation other than the subway, and my apartment is less roomie than certain Soviet issue armored vehicles.

Having said all that, I'll be anywhere there are copies of CMBB in New York City on less than two hours notice smile.gif

--Chris

I asked about this in one of them SO CA preview threads...

I live on the Island and would be able to go anywhere in the city by public transport. I live in an appartment but only own one PC. I do have lots of booze.

Come on BTS, send a NewYorker a beta copy, pleeeeease!

EDIT: That's Staten Island..

[ July 21, 2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: The Commissar ]

I would be happy to receive a beta copy from BTS and drive from Philly to NYC and show you guys the game......Who's gonna ask Steve or Matt to send me one? I am afraid to asak Matt because he scares me and Steve and I don't speak since that thing with his car that I didn't really mean to do but the deer jumped right out in front of me and I would have tried to swerve to avoid it but my beer would have spilled on my hooker........It was ugly.