Has anyone noticed. . .

"My lone Tiger I died while charging into a Company of Elite JS-2s and T-34/85s. This game is nerfed!"

"So what do I harvest again?"

"Why can't my machine-gunners kill that tank. They've been shooting at it for 5 whole minutes."

"This game is so unballenced! If you don't include the (Insert name of rare Uber-Tank here) for the (Insert name of favorite side here) and tone down the armor and hitting power of the (insert name of enemy tank that kicks your ass on a regular basis here) then I will take my money else where!"

Well, click on the "welcome newest member" link and check the guy's membership number. We celebrated the 8000th (or was it 9000th) when Gyrene made a big deal about it, and that was before the release of CMBB. Maybe 1000 or so?

Don't forget a good percentage of our membership was Maximus in his various guises! ;) I think many regulars here have more than one account - Major Tom/Kirby et al. Some people post from work, for example, and couldn't remember their log in, etc., so just created a new one.

Are there newbie snobs?
Well I think there should be! Know nothing and proud of it! Us new guys have got to keep the 'city fathers' on their toes.

Anyway I think you old hands are great. None of us noobs need ever read the manual.. just post something like game sux!!! wots human wave???? and hey presto. Saves cutting your thumb on those sharp pages...

Anyway, back to the game. Been playing for ages and I still can't get my T34 to level up.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

. . .that there are about 40 billion newbies in here since CMBBs release?!! :mad: :rolleyes:;)

Yes, hi mom.

The only problem I can see you having with my fellow noobs is that a large number of them start threads about modifying the "WG". Why they are all so singularly obsessed both with not searching and with 2 silly letters is beyond me. One or the other, sure, but both...

And, since I am a noob, can someone explain to me the obsession with all things German these people tend to exhibit? I for one find it a tad disturbing.

Originally posted by Lumbergh:

And, since I am a noob, can someone explain to me the obsession with all things German these people tend to exhibit? I for one find it a tad disturbing.

:rolleyes: . What's your problem with 'all things' German bub? Germany has a prolific and long-lived culture worthy of closer inspection by all. And so does Russia for that matter....

[ October 29, 2002, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Sunflower Farm Boy ]

Originally posted by Sunflower Farm Boy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lumbergh:

:rolleyes: . What's your problem with 'all things' German bub? Germany has a prolific and long-lived culture worthy of closer inspection by all. And so does Russia for that matter....</font>

Originally posted by Lumbergh

Answer: Sturmtiger. :D

Oh ,if you want something really disturbing maybe someone will post a link to the Neo-Nazi model builder. Great models, mad as all get out.

Originally posted by Sunflower Farm Boy

What's your problem with 'all things' German bub? Germany has a prolific and long-lived culture worthy of closer inspection by all.
The whole Holocaust thing really put a lot people off the pro-Germany thing.

Am I a nOOb if i only use uber-tanks in QB's? :confused: This phase generally lasts 6-8 weeks...at least that is how long it took for CMBO.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

mike the wino wrote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> The whole Holocaust thing really put a lot people off the pro-Germany thing.

Some say it was just the mustache that cost Joesph Stalin the Nobel Peace Prize.</font>

I don't talk much unless it's about something trivial. Today, we will be discussing newb hatred. It's subtitle will be freshman fever.

As a freshman, I can only see one parallel to these constant noobie berating.. of course, you've enough ammunition, damn near all of my generation is full of either idiots or elitists.. I count myself as one of the latter. You older forum members tend to look down on us noobs (and I was here before 'BB, thank you very much) and I think that's pretty silly. On the other hand, you can be intelligent and clear when we ask questions that actually make sense.. my first post was centered around tactics about city fighting, I got three pages of replies. This community rocks. Don't poison it with noobhatred.

Yes. I am finished.