The clock is ticking but PL Wont be hosting the Peng Challenge Thread....

...walked in off the street...
Uh, AJ, you have a street? I thought you lived in a shack with a tin roof (rusted) at the end of a long and dusty driveway surrounded on all sides for as far as the eye can see (except for the low dark line of mountains) by desert, plains, gorse, and veldt - or whatever passes for a YARD in Australia.

Sorry about the cat, bud, get another!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't sure the gun is loaded, then it is. This time the 243 went off in the cab of your truck taking out the passenger window (and your hearing for an hour or so), next time it might be something more important.
Bah! REAL men don't have to take such precautions. Besides there ARE places in the floorboard of a 1967 Ford Pickup (on the passenger side at least) where you can safely discharge a 12 guage shotgun and NOT hit anything of importance to the passengers or vehicle ... uh ... or so I've been told.

Look lads I'm off again ... NOW DAMNIT STOP THAT SNIVELLING, it ain't becoming. I'll be back late (too late for anyone but the Australians and who cares about them anyway) Friday and will make a valiant (more or less) attempt to get turns out. I really have to get my email house in order, this Outlook thing is NOT working out.

For those of you who are curious (WHERE THE HELL IS THE JUSTICAR THIS WEEK), I'll be making a tour of the Western Slope (SLOPE ... sloping foreheads ... forgot that in my Neanderthal description, ever so sorry) of Colorado.

I note with exteme disgust that The_Carp is back ... can't we just send him to Coventry based on past experience and be done with it?

Joe

...Carlos Casteneda...
LOL! Sorry man, but I just can't be bothered with that, I'm in the middle of Jonathon Livingston Seagull..

Oops! I don't believe in magic, voodoo, "power of the mind" and I got about enough of that mumbo-jumbo from my ex-girlfriend who was positive she was a DRUID!

Still looking for some reading on the human condition? Instead of soulful self-help, how about a walk in the woods with Thoreau.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Still looking for some reading on the human condition? Instead of soulful self-help, how about a walk in the woods with Thoreau.

He he, I loved this review...

"I've read a lot of books in my time, but never one this bad. There is literally no plot at all. Any good writer of fiction knows that you need rising action, and then a climax. I kept waiting for the plot to show up, but there was none. If Thoreau had taken my advice he would have gone bear hunting, and chased some Indians with a gun, then maybe find a good woman to settle down with. That would have made for a good read. Or maybe if Thoreau had slimmed this little number down to 35 pages on how to build a house it would have been more useful. Some of these sentences just make no sense. Check out this: "It is only the serious eye peering from and the sincere life passed within it, which restrain laughter and consecrate the costume of any people." Yeah, whatever you say Thoreau. I gave it three stars though because, to his credit, this book is kind of long and it takes a lot of patience to write a book this boring. I give him mad props for that. He just needs a good lesson in suspense."
I thought "A Week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers" was better. At least he was going somewhere.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Practice the art of limp handshakes.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Anyone who hasn't already should read the series of books by Carlos Castaneda. If you have, read them again.

Wow. Haven't read Casteneda's since college. I do remember one of the Yaqui teachings was to look for the specific place in your home where power would best flow through you. I've done this in every apartment or house I've lived in since my college days. Oddly enough, it always seems to be in the bathroom. Go figure.

[ September 17, 2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by The_Capt:

Hey why don't we post a funny picture again :rolleyes::rolleyes: just to show the rest of the board how "cool" we are?

The_Capt, I would love to post another funny picture...so please send me your picture...and a picture of Pippu too. I'm sure the rest of the MBT will think it's real "cool".

Persephone

Originally posted by Persephone:

I would love to post another funny picture...so please send me your picture...and a picture of Pippu too. I'm sure the rest of the MBT will think it's real "cool".

The last thing I want to see is a picture of The Capt's "bad sock" puppet.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Anyone who hasn't already should read the series of books by Carlos Castaneda. If you have, read them again.

Wow. Haven't read Casteneda's since college. I do remember one of the Yaqui teachings was to look for the specific place in your home where power would best flow through you. I've done this in every apartment or house I've lived in since my college days. Oddly enough, it always seems to be in the bathroom. Go figure.</font>

Originally posted by Lars:

Thoreau.

He he, I loved this review...

"I've read a lot of books in my time, but never one this bad. There is literally no plot at all. Any good writer of fiction knows that you need rising action, and then a climax. I kept waiting for the plot to show up, but there was none. If Thoreau had taken my advice he would have gone bear hunting, and chased some Indians with a gun, then maybe find a good woman to settle down with. That would have made for a good read. Or maybe if Thoreau had slimmed this little number down to 35 pages on how to build a house it would have been more useful. Some of these sentences just make no sense. Check out this: "It is only the serious eye peering from and the sincere life passed within it, which restrain laughter and consecrate the costume of any people." Yeah, whatever you say Thoreau. I gave it three stars though because, to his credit, this book is kind of long and it takes a lot of patience to write a book this boring. I give him mad props for that. He just needs a good lesson in suspense."

Now sod off.

You think that review was good, go to Amazon and see the one he posted on an album of William Shatner's singing. That was sodding hilarious.

AussieJeff, I am truly sorry to hear about the passing of your cat.

Sounds like Smokey was a great friend.

And I want you to know that I would not have eaten your cat. Unless, of course, you'd asked me to.

It is my understanding that cats and dogs do not go to heaven. They go to some place far more fun and interesting.

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Hey, Speedy, save me a choice cut.

There is no such thing as a 'choice cut' on a Sheep.

The only decent red meat is Bovine in origin.

Only nancy-boys, wierdo's and wooftas eat Sheep.

As Mace will testify, the Divine spirit did not put Sheep on this earth to be a source of food.

BTW, thanks to the lack of donations to the 'Buy Stuka a pre-order' fund, I envisage CMBB to be purchasable by my goodself sometime around the new year.

I would ask that none of you play CMBB before then so that you do not gain a gamey advantage over me.

Thank you.