Something's Rotten in the State of Oregon

Hey, dalem, don't blame me. I was just quoting the Bard, and you know how verbose he can get. Never just uses one word when he can type a dozen to say the exact same thing. You'd think he was under the same contract as Charles Dickens. But your point is well taken, as that does seem to get to the root of the matter.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, am playing Leeo, but contrary to some of the assertions made here, I have found him to be polite and very considerate in his e-mails and tactically correct in his selection and use of forces. Almost, dare I say, groglike in the precision and effectiveness that he brings to the battle.

Damnit Moriarty, I told you I would take you to task for calling me sportsmanlike. Send in the Cromwells, damn you, and let's do the dance 'o armored death in the fog.

I didn't want to do this, but I'm afraid I'll have to call you a "fair" and "upstanding" opponent yourself! How do you like them apples?

Originally posted by Croda:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

As far as "gamyness" goes i think the best solution is to agree to terms before the game starts.

But alot could be considered gamey on your part as well, a Super Pershing coupled with British papratroopers? Jeeps being rushed into the middle of combat? I think alot of people have different opinions of what is gamey and what is legit,to avoid all of this you should just discuss terms of the game over with who ever your playing beforehand.

Ya think?</font>

Sir Uber General, Your Sig is a hoot. A down-right, spotted-owl-in-a-beaten-barrel hoot.

I'm a grogly man and I'm ok,

I find fine facts,

and I post all day.

I look in books,

I peruse sites,

I go to the lib-ra-ry.

I'd like to play all gamey,

but it's not my cup 'o tea.

I'm a groggly ma...

"Alright, alright, this post has become too silly. Silly I say! Stop it this instant!"

I played a long time CM friend (non-Pooler) in a couple of games, one where we each selected 256 units (anything of anything) and another where we each had 10,000 points to spend. Meeting engagements.

Basically they turned into him with a stadium full of 14" artillery spotters, and me with a Detroit load of King Tigers.

That naval artillery will do yer every time!

OGSF

Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

As far as "gamyness" goes i think the best solution is to agree to terms before the game starts.

But alot could be considered gamey on your part as well, a Super Pershing coupled with British papratroopers? Jeeps being rushed into the middle of combat? I think alot of people have different opinions of what is gamey and what is legit,to avoid all of this you should just discuss terms of the game over with who ever your playing beforehand.

Crap.

This has still got me laughing.

Originally posted by Moriarty:

I, too, am playing Leeo, but contrary to some of the assertions made here, I have found him to be polite and very considerate in his e-mails and tactically correct in his selection and use of forces. Almost, dare I say, groglike in the precision and effectiveness that he brings to the battle.

After losing lunch reading Moriarty's embarrassing Valentine's Day message, I discovered that Leeo is actually an Arabic phrase of endearment that means: Little Big Butthead. So, here's to ya, Leeo!

Glad to offer some educational info to this debate. BTW, Croda is a Leeo.

Originally posted by OGSF:

I played a long time CM friend (non-Pooler) in a couple of games, one where we each selected 256 units (anything of anything) and another where we each had 10,000 points to spend. Meeting engagements.

Basically they turned into him with a stadium full of 14" artillery spotters, and me with a Detroit load of King Tigers.

That naval artillery will do yer every time!

OGSF

I can't understand a thing this guy is saying.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Good Christ! Ok, Seanachai, I owe you $5... you were right. There are people that dense</font>

Crap.

This has still got me laughing.</font>

Actually, I think Croda and Leeo or some other carefully selected pair of "Natural Killers" (do a search now, there's a good lad) should be required to do an AAR like this periodically to smoke out the recto-cranial inversionaries so that they can be properly identified, classified, studied for things like chronic daily intake of lead, then summarily beaten with the brick until they stop quivering, sent to Coventry and had someone around to collect any and all computer hardware available at their domicile.

My bet is that ICS is really just Losername posting under a new ID.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Good Christ! Ok, Seanachai, I owe you $5... you were right. There are people that dense</font>

For the Record

Purchases:

1 coy Brit Paras

1 Am. 8 in How spotter

1 Pol 4.2 in Spotter

1 Am Super Pershing

2 Pol Jeep

2 Can Wasp

1 Fr Assault Boat

2 Ca Flamethrowers

4 Pol PIAT

7 Brit 2 in Mortar

1 Am 90mm Bofors

90mm Bofors?

Dr. Grogsbollix McPicky hastens to point out that the 40mm Bofors was an LAA weapon with a rate of fire of about 120 rounds per minute and armour penetration broadly comparable to the 2-pounder. The US 90mm gun M1A1 or M2 on mount M1A1 or M2 was an HAA weapon with a rate of fire (hand-loading) of about 15 rds/min, and armour penetration with shot AP M77 of some 5.6inches (or, in millimetres, a whole bunch) at 500 yards.

If you have somehow contrived to buy the genetically-engineered bastard son of these two weapons, capable of pentrating 140mm at 500 yds and firing 120 rounds per minute, then I shall be regretfully compelled to demand that the Houses of Parliament pass an act of attainder condemning you as gamier than a haunch of venison that has been left hanging for three months in a warm room.

Yours, without prejudice,

Hildegard Hauptkampflinie

pp Dr. G. McPicky.

Originally posted by John D Salt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

For the Record

Purchases:

1 coy Brit Paras

1 Am. 8 in How spotter

1 Pol 4.2 in Spotter

1 Am Super Pershing

2 Pol Jeep

2 Can Wasp

1 Fr Assault Boat

2 Ca Flamethrowers

4 Pol PIAT

7 Brit 2 in Mortar

1 Am 90mm Bofors

90mm Bofors?

Dr. Grogsbollix McPicky hastens to point out that the 40mm Bofors was an LAA weapon with a rate of fire of about 120 rounds per minute and armour penetration broadly comparable to the 2-pounder. The US 90mm gun M1A1 or M2 on mount M1A1 or M2 was an HAA weapon with a rate of fire (hand-loading) of about 15 rds/min, and armour penetration with shot AP M77 of some 5.6inches (or, in millimetres, a whole bunch) at 500 yards.

If you have somehow contrived to buy the genetically-engineered bastard son of these two weapons, capable of pentrating 140mm at 500 yds and firing 120 rounds per minute, then I shall be regretfully compelled to demand that the Houses of Parliament pass an act of attainder condemning you as gamier than a haunch of venison that has been left hanging for three months in a warm room.

Yours, without prejudice,

Hildegard Hauptkampflinie

pp Dr. G. McPicky.</font>