I've fallen off of the Peng Challenge and I can't get up!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Like kitty litter?

...which is quite apt:

A salute to my very special friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KITTY

Mew!

Mace</font>

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Like kitty litter?

...which is quite apt:

A salute to my very special friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KITTY

Mew!

Mace</font>

Proposed AAR from future Fionn – Hiram Clash

Simulated Fionn Voice I have just experienced the largest waste of time playing one of you. I started out with a passive-aggressive defense with multiple bases of fire and a chunky MLR. We all know that I could have used 25% of my forces to play this one and could still have achieved a Major Victory. But, owing to honour and tactical flavour, I decided to give it a go with Hiram. He is an annoying git who peppers his emails with polysyllabic euphemisms and repeatedly apologizes. How tiresome he is.

Setup: I used my Supreme Tactical Brilliance to setup my forces to intimidate, penetrate, and repudiate any false claims that Russian Tactics are not the best. I knew that I need not scout because he will probably forget to actually hide his forces. I should be able to dismantle his paltry forces quickly and easily only using a small percentage of my cerebral magnificence.

Turns 1-3: As predicted, I didn’t need to scout out Hiram’s forces. They are in plain sight and bunched together. Somehow, he is making them dance a jig to taunt me. Obviously, a withering display of artillery on my part will stop him from this foolishness.

Turn 4: Hiram’s forces are scattered around the map seeking an exit from the pain and humiliation I have visited upon his unworthy hide.

Turn 5: I have not used 97% of my forces thus far and see no need to use them. It would seem that Hiram’s forces have auto-surrendered.

Summary: I am perplexed regarding how this person could possibly start losing during the setup. But, he has done it. I might play him again and allow him 200% forces to see if he has learned anything yet. I do hope that he isn’t totally brain dead.

Tuum Materorum Servorum Graecorum est.

[ June 06, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Proposed AAR from future Fionn – Hiram Clash

Simulated Fionn Voice I have just experienced the largest waste of time playing one of you. I started out with a passive-aggressive defense with multiple bases of fire and a chunky MLR. We all know that I could have used 25% of my forces to play this one and could still have achieved a Major Victory. But, owing to honour and tactical flavour, I decided to give it a go with Hiram. He is an annoying git who peppers his emails with polysyllabic euphemisms and repeatedly apologizes. How tiresome he is.

Setup: I used my Supreme Tactical Brilliance to setup my forces to intimidate, penetrate, and repudiate any false claims that Russian Tactics are not the best. I knew that I need not scout because he will probably forget to actually hide his forces. I should be able to dismantle his paltry forces quickly and easily only using a small percentage of my cerebral magnificence.

Turns 1-3: As predicted, I didn’t need to scout out Hiram’s forces. They are in plain sight and bunched together. Somehow, he is making them dance a jig to taunt me. Obviously, a withering display of artillery on my part will stop him from this foolishness.

Turn 4: Hiram’s forces are scattered around the map seeking an exit from the pain and humiliation I have visited upon his unworthy hide.

Turn 5: I have not used 97% of my forces thus far and see no need to use them. It would seem that Hiram’s forces have auto-surrendered.

Summary: I am perplexed regarding how this person could possibly start losing during the setup. But, he has done it. I might play him again and allow him 200% forces to see if he has learned anything yet. I do hope that he isn’t totally brain dead.

Tuum Materorum Servorum Graecorum est.

[ June 06, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Originally posted by dalem:

Merciful? Like you were at Cestus III?

What time tomorrow, oh he of the sneezename?

Anytime betweeen 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST or Friday 9:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. That should be plenty of time for me to gather my diamonds and sulfur. But perhaps I have said too much...

Anytime betweeen 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST or Friday 9:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. That should be plenty of time for me to gather my diamonds and sulfur. But perhaps I have said too much...

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Anytime betweeen 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST or Friday 9:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. That should be plenty of time for me to gather my diamonds and sulfur. But perhaps I have said too much...</font>

Anytime betweeen 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST or Friday 9:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. That should be plenty of time for me to gather my diamonds and sulfur. But perhaps I have said too much...</font>

Tonight, She Who Must Be Obeyed commands my presence.

Wait one cotton pickin' minute there, How'dja do, She Who Must Be Obeyed is the name of MY wife!

But I'm a magnanamous kind of guy. My love for my fellow man out-Saroyans Saroyan.

So I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll allow you to continue referring to the missus in that fashion if you pay me a royalty fee OR embarass dalai lama in your upcoming bout.

Tonight, She Who Must Be Obeyed commands my presence.

Wait one cotton pickin' minute there, How'dja do, She Who Must Be Obeyed is the name of MY wife!

But I'm a magnanamous kind of guy. My love for my fellow man out-Saroyans Saroyan.

So I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll allow you to continue referring to the missus in that fashion if you pay me a royalty fee OR embarass dalai lama in your upcoming bout.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Ok, is this an obscure Star Trek reference? It's been bugging me.</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley: