I've fallen off of the Peng Challenge and I can't get up!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick slip into the Pool; I am required by law to report my loss to he who calls himself Seanachai in a horribly rigged QB in which the forces of right and goodness were made to not prevail over a gamey selection of infantrymen, 5cm anti-tank guns and a StuG or two. My valiant Canadians were ripped asunder by the sneaky, gamey and dastardly use of indirect fire (really, who ever heard of that?) and my historically accurate attempts to frontally assault his positions (pardon the expression Y2K, I realize there are ladies present) somehow met with disaster; no doubt the fault of a malfunctioning random number generator in my processor.

If someone could point me to the post in which Seanachai discusses at length his Memorial Day injuries, I would appreciate it.

I'd appreciate even more a Chris Kattan-like bad re-enactment of the whole affair. I've seen dalem's "gay Hitler" and frankly was not amused.

[ June 06, 2002, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

A quick slip into the Pool; I am required by law to report my loss to he who calls himself Seanachai in a horribly rigged QB in which the forces of right and goodness were made to not prevail over a gamey selection of infantrymen, 5cm anti-tank guns and a StuG or two. My valiant Canadians were ripped asunder by the sneaky, gamey and dastardly use of indirect fire (really, who ever heard of that?) and my historically accurate attempts to frontally assault his positions (pardon the expression Y2K, I realize there are ladies present) somehow met with disaster; no doubt the fault of a malfunctioning random number generator in my processor.

If someone could point me to the post in which Seanachai discusses at length his Memorial Day injuries, I would appreciate it.

I'd appreciate even more a Chris Kattan-like bad re-enactment of the whole affair. I've seen dalem's "gay Hitler" and frankly was not amused.

[ June 06, 2002, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

A quick slip into the Pool; I am required by law to report my loss to he who calls himself Seanachai

Hey Moriarty,

Looks like you will have to find a new word to descibe your playing style. Seems sucks has a new owner

Do a search (Christ on a crutch! Where do these SSNs come from... Canada you say... nevermind)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

A quick slip into the Pool; I am required by law to report my loss to he who calls himself Seanachai

Hey Moriarty,

Looks like you will have to find a new word to descibe your playing style. Seems sucks has a new owner

Do a search (Christ on a crutch! Where do these SSNs come from... Canada you say... nevermind)

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Hey Moriarty,

Though I do recall with glee my one and only victory in the Invitational....do you stil buy Flame Hetzers with such wild abandon, dahling? ;) (Winky for Peng)

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Hey Moriarty,

Though I do recall with glee my one and only victory in the Invitational....do you stil buy Flame Hetzers with such wild abandon, dahling? ;) (Winky for Peng)

Try backing up a few pages, Dorosh. As for the loss, that is truly amazing! Why, in the last battle with Seanachai my own Panzers HE'd my infantry until the were a leg-dragging mass crawling towards the nearest shack. They arrived about the same time my rickets pummeled the shack into dust.

I then, only having the panzers, fired every last AP shell at his frolicking troupers (it must have been Midsummer's night) at which point his own lumbering tanks hove into view.

Having only my hull MG left, I let his tanks have it until my crews, strangely, had "important matters elsewhere" and promptly took off for the rear.

Needless to say, I managed a minor victory.

Try backing up a few pages, Dorosh. As for the loss, that is truly amazing! Why, in the last battle with Seanachai my own Panzers HE'd my infantry until the were a leg-dragging mass crawling towards the nearest shack. They arrived about the same time my rickets pummeled the shack into dust.

I then, only having the panzers, fired every last AP shell at his frolicking troupers (it must have been Midsummer's night) at which point his own lumbering tanks hove into view.

Having only my hull MG left, I let his tanks have it until my crews, strangely, had "important matters elsewhere" and promptly took off for the rear.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Soon, comrade, soon we will have the power of mighty Großdeutschland at our command...

Do I really have to wade through 200 posts in the MBT to find Seanachai's tales of woe?

Can't you just encapsulate for me? Or have the animated smileys act the story out for me?

[ June 07, 2002, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Soon, comrade, soon we will have the power of mighty Großdeutschland at our command...

Do I really have to wade through 200 posts in the MBT to find Seanachai's tales of woe?

Can't you just encapsulate for me? Or have the animated smileys act the story out for me?

[ June 07, 2002, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Ha hahahhhahaahahhhah, ohhh.

Lost to the Bard. Oh that is a terribly good one. Guess it just goes to show you that being a grog and knowing everything about this **** doesn't actually mean you know how to use it.

I mean, if the example set by Berli isn't already enough proof already.

Lost to the Bard. Oh that is a terribly good one. Guess it just goes to show you that being a grog and knowing everything about this **** doesn't actually mean you know how to use it.

Originally posted by YK2:

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

YK2, maybe you got a defective one...Yeknod was able to get his Berli inflated.

Persephone

Yeah but we all know Yeknod is full of hot air so it would be an easy task for him.

HEE HAWWWWWW deep breath....

HEE HAWWWWWW blows out...

Voila... one inflated Berli

</font>

Originally posted by YK2:

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

YK2, maybe you got a defective one...Yeknod was able to get his Berli inflated.

Persephone

Yeah but we all know Yeknod is full of hot air so it would be an easy task for him.

HEE HAWWWWWW deep breath....

HEE HAWWWWWW blows out...

Voila... one inflated Berli

</font>

Originally posted by Goanna:

Yes, and of course we all know CM is a flawless interpretation of WW II combat in which the application of real life tactics like indirect machinegun fire or preplotted creeping barrages will pay dividends... :rolleyes:

I was simply mesmerized by Seanachai's witty banter throughout the game, and rushed through my turns so that I could hear more, sooner.

I simply did not want to admit to it here.

But either way, I hope Berli will stand with me when we say that Grogs and, in his case, Grog Aspirants, don't claim any particular expertise in CM (don't you Poolers have a cutesy name for CM, along the lines of MBT, yet? What the hell do you do in here, anyway, if not think up verbal shorthand for the rest of us to use?) based solely on prolonged exposure to the baritone vocalizations of Sir Laurence Olivier, or intermittent readings of the postings of Sir JasonC.

[ June 07, 2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Yes, and of course we all know CM is a flawless interpretation of WW II combat in which the application of real life tactics like indirect machinegun fire or preplotted creeping barrages will pay dividends... :rolleyes:

I was simply mesmerized by Seanachai's witty banter throughout the game, and rushed through my turns so that I could hear more, sooner.

I simply did not want to admit to it here.

But either way, I hope Berli will stand with me when we say that Grogs and, in his case, Grog Aspirants, don't claim any particular expertise in CM (don't you Poolers have a cutesy name for CM, along the lines of MBT, yet? What the hell do you do in here, anyway, if not think up verbal shorthand for the rest of us to use?) based solely on prolonged exposure to the baritone vocalizations of Sir Laurence Olivier, or intermittent readings of the postings of Sir JasonC.

[ June 07, 2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Remember: When resolving conflicts, recall the wisdom of Mahatma Gandhi, "If enough peasants die horribly, someone will probably notice."

Remember: When resolving conflicts, recall the wisdom of Mahatma Gandhi, "If enough peasants die horribly, someone will probably notice."

Just a warning: someone claiming to be Dalem will claim that he beat me in a TCP/IP match. This should be dismissed w/o the least bit of credence. He didn't beat me. And besides he had lots more boomy and crunchy thingies. And the scenario came from Andreas, so what can you expect.

Just a warning: someone claiming to be Dalem will claim that he beat me in a TCP/IP match. This should be dismissed w/o the least bit of credence. He didn't beat me. And besides he had lots more boomy and crunchy thingies. And the scenario came from Andreas, so what can you expect.