I've fallen off of the Peng Challenge and I can't get up!

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lorak:

For or resident Nerds.

Dalem and Joe.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/tv/nerds.html

Don't know how many of you guys have seen this. But it is funny as hell.

It is streaming video. So those who are bandwidth handicapped are warned.

Lorak

That is in fact hugely funny and sad. That is a level of geekdom that, thankfully, I was never able to reach.</font>

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

For or resident Nerds.

Dalem and Joe.

Lorak

That is in fact hugely funny and sad. That is a level of geekdom that, thankfully, I was never able to reach.</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

For or resident Nerds.

Dalem and Joe.

Lorak

Okay so Dalem, you know the guy, he's the one who never takes a bath, well he challenges me to a "quickbattle" see? So, my usual magnanimous self, I oblige. He tells me its tiny, only five hundred points and I attack as Allied.

Right, so far so good, only here's where it gets strange. I pick my units and open the map. It is a billiard table. Actually, more like a billiard table with two broken legs, the two on MY side! Oh, its also only a billiard table on half the map -- MY half!!! His half is lush with fragrant summertime vegetation intersperced with roads, hedges, and big STURDY buildings of a picturesque middlemarch village.

So here are my troops, wearing themselves out as the stumble up the EXTREMELY long slope, warily eyeing those buildings, too poor in points to have HE, too poor for our good friend Art, in fact TOO POOR for a friggin' company commander.

Basically I am assaulting his entrenched troops with a pair of snipers and a jeep. I expect to have victory in 5 turns.

Okay so Dalem, you know the guy, he's the one who never takes a bath, well he challenges me to a "quickbattle" see? So, my usual magnanimous self, I oblige. He tells me its tiny, only five hundred points and I attack as Allied.

Right, so far so good, only here's where it gets strange. I pick my units and open the map. It is a billiard table. Actually, more like a billiard table with two broken legs, the two on MY side! Oh, its also only a billiard table on half the map -- MY half!!! His half is lush with fragrant summertime vegetation intersperced with roads, hedges, and big STURDY buildings of a picturesque middlemarch village.

So here are my troops, wearing themselves out as the stumble up the EXTREMELY long slope, warily eyeing those buildings, too poor in points to have HE, too poor for our good friend Art, in fact TOO POOR for a friggin' company commander.

Basically I am assaulting his entrenched troops with a pair of snipers and a jeep. I expect to have victory in 5 turns.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I hope Berli will stand with me...

Not bloody likely. Perhaps you are not aquainted with the origins of the Mutha Beautiful Thread And It Will Always Be There, but Seanachai is the canuck hugger. I'll be damned before I'll stand with a... canadian

I hope Berli will stand with me...

Not bloody likely. Perhaps you are not aquainted with the origins of the Mutha Beautiful Thread And It Will Always Be There, but Seanachai is the canuck hugger. I'll be damned before I'll stand with a... canadian

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

YK2, what a chick!

I love you and want to have your child. Marry me....

Gee, wonder what Mikey would look like in this sheep costume

Mace</font>

Originally posted by Mace:

YK2, what a chick!

I love you and want to have your child. Marry me....

Gee, wonder what Mikey would look like in this sheep costume

Mace</font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

By GAWD when the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread makes a mistake he steps up to the plate (American baseball reference for our Australian comrades), settles his helmet firmly about his head (American football ... the only REAL football ... reference for our Australian comrades) and admits his error (a word that means "mistake" for our Australian comrades).

It turns out that the Squire Grudge Match is actually between Goanna and CMPlayer, not Mace and CMPlayer.

So ... Goanna lad, Mace has already wasted a good deal of your alloted time by trying to figure out how the hell HE got involved so time's a'wasting and you better get on the stick.

Joe

It's not that you're becoming senile, Joe.

Although it's no longer politic to admit it, all those goddamn Australians look alike to me, too!

Well, except for Mace, of course. He looks like he just escaped from outtakes of "Boogie Nights".

So, I guess you are becoming senile.

Don't give it another thought, lad. Not that you could, of course.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

By GAWD when the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread makes a mistake he steps up to the plate (American baseball reference for our Australian comrades), settles his helmet firmly about his head (American football ... the only REAL football ... reference for our Australian comrades) and admits his error (a word that means "mistake" for our Australian comrades).

It turns out that the Squire Grudge Match is actually between Goanna and CMPlayer, not Mace and CMPlayer.

So ... Goanna lad, Mace has already wasted a good deal of your alloted time by trying to figure out how the hell HE got involved so time's a'wasting and you better get on the stick.

Joe

It's not that you're becoming senile, Joe.

Although it's no longer politic to admit it, all those goddamn Australians look alike to me, too!

Well, except for Mace, of course. He looks like he just escaped from outtakes of "Boogie Nights".

So, I guess you are becoming senile.

Don't give it another thought, lad. Not that you could, of course.

Hey, <STRIKE>Yek<SUB>nod</SUB></STRIKE>, old hoof - I don't normally conjure tricks of such like but in your *pecksniffian case I made the rule to the exception, considering that my undying and un*BOOT*able loyalty to House of Berli Intimate Appareille runs DD,EEp as ewe can CCee. So trot along now and stop gormandising the ruddy hallucinogenic thistles!

And Seanachai me sage chum, j'ai la pensée au sujet de vous étant dérangé à ma utilisation négligée de la langue irlandaise, tellement à la place je me suis promis pour me servir d'un traducteur français très précis pour vous inciter à sentir plus à l'aise, chose minuscule de gnome de l'OH petite que vous êtes!

Voyez? Ce n'était pas à tout douloureux maintenant, n'est-ce pas?

Au revoir et un dieu bénissez,

AJ

----------------------

*peck.sniff.ian \pek-'snif-e--*n\ aj [seth Pecksniff, character in Martin Chuzzlewit (1843-44) by Charle]s Dickens : selfish and corrupt behind a display of seeming benevolence : SANCTIMONIOUS

Hey, <STRIKE>Yek<SUB>nod</SUB></STRIKE>, old hoof - I don't normally conjure tricks of such like but in your *pecksniffian case I made the rule to the exception, considering that my undying and un*BOOT*able loyalty to House of Berli Intimate Appareille runs DD,EEp as ewe can CCee. So trot along now and stop gormandising the ruddy hallucinogenic thistles!

And Seanachai me sage chum, j'ai la pensée au sujet de vous étant dérangé à ma utilisation négligée de la langue irlandaise, tellement à la place je me suis promis pour me servir d'un traducteur français très précis pour vous inciter à sentir plus à l'aise, chose minuscule de gnome de l'OH petite que vous êtes!

Voyez? Ce n'était pas à tout douloureux maintenant, n'est-ce pas?

Au revoir et un dieu bénissez,

AJ

----------------------

*peck.sniff.ian \pek-'snif-e--*n\ aj [seth Pecksniff, character in Martin Chuzzlewit (1843-44) by Charle]s Dickens : selfish and corrupt behind a display of seeming benevolence : SANCTIMONIOUS

Originally posted by Goanna:

Ha hahahhhahaahahhhah, ohhh.

Lost to the Bard. Oh that is a terribly good one. Guess it just goes to show you that being a grog and knowing everything about this **** doesn't actually mean you know how to use it.

I was simply mesmerized by Seanachai's witty banter throughout the game, and rushed through my turns so that I could hear more, sooner.

I simply did not want to admit to it here.

As well he should, and no disgrace to him. I can vouche for his rushing through turns. The body count simply can't be accounted for any other way.

But either way, I hope Berli will stand with me when we say that Grogs and, in his case, Grog Aspirants, don't claim any particular expertise in CM (don't you Poolers have a cutesy name for CM, along the lines of MBT, yet? What the hell do you do in here, anyway, if not think up verbal shorthand for the rest of us to use?) based solely on prolonged exposure to the baritone vocalizations of Sir Laurence Olivier, or intermittent readings of the postings of Sir JasonC.
Actually, Grog Dorosh, what we call CM is "Religion".

Which is why we don't value prowess in playing CM as a measure of an individual's worth or ability.

How do you 'rate' another person's spiritual evolution?

We'll leave that sort of thing to Mr. Ashcroft and any number of god-posturing morons out there.

No, you see, what we value here, what we, as connoisseurs, take delight in, is the Pose. The Taunt. The Challenge.

What is a win or loss?

They are both an offering on the altar of battle.

Ah, but how they are offered, accepted, reported, or rationalized!

That is the point at which artistry may arise!

It is by the sermons of the Enlightened as offered by means of the Peng Challenge that you shall judge their participation, their joy, and their contribution.

Children worry only about 'victory'. As did the Phillistines.

Here in the Peng Challenge Thread, we, like Pilate, simply ask: What is Victory?

Originally posted by Goanna:

Ha hahahhhahaahahhhah, ohhh.

Lost to the Bard. Oh that is a terribly good one. Guess it just goes to show you that being a grog and knowing everything about this **** doesn't actually mean you know how to use it.

I was simply mesmerized by Seanachai's witty banter throughout the game, and rushed through my turns so that I could hear more, sooner.

I simply did not want to admit to it here.

As well he should, and no disgrace to him. I can vouche for his rushing through turns. The body count simply can't be accounted for any other way.

But either way, I hope Berli will stand with me when we say that Grogs and, in his case, Grog Aspirants, don't claim any particular expertise in CM (don't you Poolers have a cutesy name for CM, along the lines of MBT, yet? What the hell do you do in here, anyway, if not think up verbal shorthand for the rest of us to use?) based solely on prolonged exposure to the baritone vocalizations of Sir Laurence Olivier, or intermittent readings of the postings of Sir JasonC.
Actually, Grog Dorosh, what we call CM is "Religion".

Which is why we don't value prowess in playing CM as a measure of an individual's worth or ability.

How do you 'rate' another person's spiritual evolution?

We'll leave that sort of thing to Mr. Ashcroft and any number of god-posturing morons out there.

No, you see, what we value here, what we, as connoisseurs, take delight in, is the Pose. The Taunt. The Challenge.

What is a win or loss?

They are both an offering on the altar of battle.

Ah, but how they are offered, accepted, reported, or rationalized!

That is the point at which artistry may arise!

It is by the sermons of the Enlightened as offered by means of the Peng Challenge that you shall judge their participation, their joy, and their contribution.

Children worry only about 'victory'. As did the Phillistines.

Here in the Peng Challenge Thread, we, like Pilate, simply ask: What is Victory?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

On my Jesus Christ Superstar album he asks "What is truth?" Do you have, like, a different edition?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

On my Jesus Christ Superstar album he asks "What is truth?" Do you have, like, a different edition?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

On my Jesus Christ Superstar album he asks "What is truth?" Do you have, like, a different edition?</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

On my Jesus Christ Superstar album he asks "What is truth?" Do you have, like, a different edition?</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

I simply did not want to admit to it here, but the guy had me Blushing and Giggling like a teenager. tongue.gif

Yeknod are you gonna stand for that?

Looks like Dorosh is trying to move in on your territory. ;) </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

I simply did not want to admit to it here, but the guy had me Blushing and Giggling like a teenager. tongue.gif

Yeknod are you gonna stand for that?

Looks like Dorosh is trying to move in on your territory. ;) </font>