Nvidia 27.10 drivers for Windows XP solve all issues

Guys, make sure you remove the old drivers totally before installing the new ones (like it says on the above page smile.gif ).

Initially I was still getting some interface problems but after doing a total removal and reinstall of the drivers all does appear to be fixed.

Dan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GenSplatton:

Now what's Gunny Bunny, i.e. Linda Warchest, going to rant and rave about?<hr></blockquote>

"I am not going to by CMBB because... because... because it looks to good and is to fun to play."

I have now 27.10 drivers. They indeed fix the transparent white problem etc. in Combat Mission. I had problems when installing, however. I first uninstalled the old ASUS drivers and installed then these. Unfortunately whenever I had ANY window (e.g. Notepad) open on desktop and started CM, it would run for a second and then the display would change back to desktop. I decided to switch back to ASUS 21.81 drivers.

I installed ASUS 21.81, but I didn't overwrite any newer files (I knew that this is risky). I got a Blue Screen Of Death on WinXP startup. I decided to use the last working configuration. Now I have nVidia 27.10 back, except that nvdesk32.dll (Display management hook library) is 21.81, i.e. ASUS. Now the graphics problem is gone, and the CM screen stays. I don't have that cool new nVidia menu anymore, though.

So now I have all of the problems fixed... :rolleyes:

Maybe I should try to reinstall 27.10 once more, but I don't want to risk anything right now.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Fuerte ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fuerte:

I have now 27.10 drivers. They indeed fix the transparent white problem etc. in Combat Mission. I had problems when installing, however. I first uninstalled the old ASUS drivers and installed then these. Unfortunately whenever I had ANY window (e.g. Notepad) open on desktop and started CM, it would run for a second and then the display would change back to desktop.<hr></blockquote>

I have the same problem here. Abit SA6R mobo, Leadtek GeForce 2 pro... it also fixed the transparency problem (the only one I was having) so I didn't have to do the alt-tab dance. I've been able to play by forcing the window open by switching tasks in task manager.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

Now I have nVidia 27.10 back, except that nvdesk32.dll (Display management hook library) is 21.81<hr></blockquote>

Mabye I'll open up the zip for the 21.81 reference drivers and pull that dll out...

UPDATE:

Problem solved by copying in the 23.11 ndvesk32.dll (luckily I didn't have to unregister it to break it free of the system).. I had tried rebooting to fix the problem to no avail. Had already done the deed when I read KwazyDog's simpler fix of actually using the tools (doh). Now that things are stable, thoguh, I think I'll leave things alone for a while unless it causes problems in other games.

Thanks to Fuerte for the interesting fix idea.. and thanks to KwazyDog for keepin an eye on the thread. Great work, guys.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Compassion ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Guys, under desktop utilities try turning off the desktop manager. This should hopefully fix your problems smile.gif

Dan<hr></blockquote>

Actually, a simple reboot fixed this problem for me. I hadn't thought to check Desktop Manager.

Hi Wacky,

I'm at work so I'm doing this from memory (I'll check details when I get home) but:

-delete old driver

-unzip the new ones to a temp directory

- go to Control Panel/Display

- choose Settings/Advanced

- then theres a tab that allows u to choose the driver to install.

-navigate to the temp location

I had to reboot a couple of times because 1st time back to the Control/Panel Display it would not allow me to go any further.

Voila!

The new drivers work great for me. No problems in CM or IL2.

I believe there's a readme file in the zip file.