CMBB "preview" in October CGW

Originally posted by Lord General MB:

I posted a message about that... Best I could figure, we where mroe of a monarchy...

But Cult is fine by me!

The word cult has more of the shock factor. But, we sure could be considered a monarchy also!

BTW, that hurt my eyes reading that small of print!!!!

Chad

OMGGGGGG!! The Russian officer has captured German eyeglasses!!!!

I don't know why Kwazy modelled the Mark I Dienstbrille, though, since they were upgraded in 1940 - well before Barbarossa began, with no permission granted for 'wearing out' privileges.

:rolleyes:

[ August 29, 2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by The ol one eye.:

I also found out about CMBO through PC Gamer, it was the 'best of' issue a couple years back I think. It was just a little blurb about a revolutionary war game with a couple of old pics ( no mods even!) and I went online and ordered it the next day.

Thanks.

It was probably the same issue that turned me on to CMBO - "100 Greatest Games of All Time." Which would also explain why our member numbers are relatively close. I'd never played any war games, but figured if it was as good and revolutionary as they said it was I should give it a shot. They were right. I played the demo for about an hour before ordering my copy.

IIRC it was during a cold, sunny spring morning in 1999. I was sitting on a bench in Beihai park in Beijing and was reading an issue of CGW. From time to time I bought such a gaming mag although it was quite expensive.

I stumbled across a small preview about a new wargame called "Combat Mission". The funny pic didn't really catch my attention, but something told me I should check their website. Turn-based/realtime hybrid? Maybe it could be interesting, who knows...

Since that day, from time to time (and when I find it here in Germany) I buy a copy of CGW, just because they brought me to this absolutely wonderful game.

[ August 29, 2002, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

But.. but.. don't cults usually have a charismatic leader?

BFC staff... well...

Well.. maybe we are other kind of cult?

Can't be monarchy either.. that just doesn't have the right ring to it.

Maybe a dictatorship? Enlightened dictatorship?

Nahh.. just kidding.. we're a cult.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

OMGGGGGG!! The Russian officer has captured German eyeglasses!!!!

Naw, Michael, it's the same guy! Wasn't he in one of the bones riding a Rumanian tank or something? Maybe this latest picture was taken after the war when Rumania was an ally of the USSR.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

"It's Not Really WW2 Until The Russians Show Up"

--Damn right

What about the Uzbekistanis, Ukrainians, Georgians, Azerbaijanis, etc?</font>