Fionn

Fionn. I must have skipped over your post to the TCPers vs PBEM thread or I would have responded then. The last email I recieved from you was on 6/22/02 3:53AM and here is what it says

"Hey.

Sorry for this delay.

My car's shocks packed it in and I've been out looking for a new car..

Between that, organising a loan for the new car and starting a new job ( on

Monday.) this week has just been horrible.

RL's a bitch isn't it...

Won't be able to do anything today but hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry man.

----- Original Message -----

To: Fionn Kelly <fionnkelly121@dol.ie>

Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 3:42 AM

Subject: Re: Game"

This was sent after a couple emails I sent you asking if you had picked your forces yet. I have all emails saved from 2/22/02 through today. So for you to say that I recieved an email from you is absolutely FALSE. I emailed you a couple of times after you sent this email asking if you sent The_Capt you purchases with no response! I even posted to your challenges thread with no response. So quite naturally I was pretty angry with you. Don't forget Fionn you contacted me wtih the challenge not the other way around. You are the one with something to prove. I do Believe you are afraid to be knocked off the pedastal that some have put you on. You don't Play people you don't trust, yeah right you don't play people who know the game as well as you do! I don't care if you don't trust me. That doesn't matter in CM. I don't trust you either and negotiating with you was a complete pain. I waited about 4 weeks without an email about your purchases before I said a word about you ducking me.

Originally posted by skelley:

Fionn. I must have skipped over your post to the TCPers vs PBEM thread or I would have responded then. The last email I recieved from you was on 6/22/02 3:53AM and here is what it says

"Hey.

Sorry for this delay.

My car's shocks packed it in and I've been out looking for a new car..

Between that, organising a loan for the new car and starting a new job ( on

Monday.) this week has just been horrible.

RL's a bitch isn't it...

Won't be able to do anything today but hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry man.

----- Original Message -----

To: Fionn Kelly <fionnkelly121@dol.ie>

Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 3:42 AM

Subject: Re: Game"

This was sent after a couple emails I sent you asking if you had picked your forces yet. I have all emails saved from 2/22/02 through today. So for you to say that I recieved an email from you is absolutely FALSE. I emailed you a couple of times after you sent this email asking if you sent The_Capt you purchases with no response! I even posted to your challenges thread with no response. So quite naturally I was pretty angry with you. Don't forget Fionn you contacted me wtih the challenge not the other way around. You are the one with something to prove. I do Believe you are afraid to be knocked off the pedastal that some have put you on. You don't Play people you don't trust, yeah right you don't play people who know the game as well as you do! I don't care if you don't trust me. That doesn't matter in CM. I don't trust you either and negotiating with you was a complete pain. I waited about 4 weeks without an email about your purchases before I said a word about you ducking me.

Unfortunately, deadbeat PBEMers are something that afflicts us all at some point or another. Hopefully your opponent in this case will be able to get in touch with you. I wouldn't criticize you for being aggravated enough to make a public plea. Sometimes it is the only way, and once in a blue moon it works. Usually though, the deadbeat just changes handles, or has legitimate reasons for not playing (moved, death in the family, work, etc.) Good luck.

Hey Doorpost, you just can't resist getting in a dig, can you? Gee, you list your occupation as "hospital administration." I know from experience that you fit the bill perfectly: You specialize at sniping from the sidelines but never making an actual contribution. Perhaps you should move to France. I hear they specialize in useless bureaucrats there.

Oh, and hi Mom.

Originally posted by Buckeye:

Hey Doorpost, you just can't resist getting in a dig, can you? Gee, you list your occupation as "hospital administration." I know from experience that you fit the bill perfectly: You specialize at sniping from the sidelines but never making an actual contribution. Perhaps you should move to France. I hear they specialize in useless bureaucrats there.

Oh, and hi Mom.

I'll put this one down to you having a bad day, Mister Neuropsychologist. Try rereading my post and tell me where the dig was - and against whom it was taken. I honestly don't see one.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Unfortunately, deadbeat PBEMers are something that afflicts us all at some point or another. Hopefully your opponent in this case will be able to get in touch with you. I wouldn't criticize you for being aggravated enough to make a public plea. Sometimes it is the only way, and once in a blue moon it works. Usually though, the deadbeat just changes handles, or has legitimate reasons for not playing (moved, death in the family, work, etc.) Good luck.

Hold on old chap, I get back to school on Sunday and that means I can send email again, and not just receive it smile.gif

Originally posted by Buckeye:

Oh, and hi Mom.

Hey Buckeye, I don't agree with Dorosh often, and he and I go head to head A LOT. But he is a great person in his own way and does not deserve your ire. He does in fact contribute a lot, and here is does not attack Fionn, just the situation.

Please, this thread is a waste, but when two good people go at each other it drives me insane.

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Hold on old chap, I get back to school on Sunday and that means I can send email again, and not just receive it smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Hey Buckeye, I don't agree with Dorosh often, and he and I go head to head A LOT. .

I have to disagree - I can't think of a single disagreement we have had on the forum in the last 6 months, I usually agree with the majority of what you post about. Although now that you mention it, you DO owe me a turn for the last two months....sheer coincidence, I guess, but I know you have been busy so I haven't mentioned it...

Oh, c'mon, Doorpost, I suppose that you didn't intend for the "deadbeat" label to apply to Fionn? You'll claim you never meant it that way, but frankly, your snide innuendoes are transparently obvious, as Matt's public censure of you should have made very clear.

Slappy, I wish I could be as magnanimous as you. But Doorpost just gets my goat. I'd rather he just came right out and said something direct, but then he might get banned, and he knows it. In any case, I appreciate your sentiments.

And I agree that there's no need for more posts directed at or about Fionn. If you don't like how he acts, just leave him alone, fellas.

Oh, and Doorpost: My day was just fine. And that's Dr. Neuropsychologist to you.

Guys, its been made quite clear that we dont allow such posts on this forum about anyone, not just Fionn. Such matters should be taken up in private or at the least in the origional topic the offer was made in, as this isnt the place for such posts. Also, posting someones private email shouldnt be done in my opinion. Email isnt a fail safe form of communication and I know that Ive missed emails from people recently due to technical problems...so what if this is simply the case in this situation.

The last thing I have time to do at the moment is to watch the forum for the next two hours to see if people are going to start 10 other threads about this subject, why it was locked, what happened to free speach, yadda yadda yadda, but I guess I now have to do that. Note that we do not wish to see any more such posts.

Dan

[ August 13, 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]