CMBB: Which Tank entices you the most?

Which tank are you going to fire up a QB just to buy three of them just to see them in CM action?

1st pick:

IS-2m (Joseph Stalin 2) A long barrelled 122 gun with that much armour! Cant beat that for both a anti tank role and anti infantry. (too many good or bad, depending of side I played, ASL experiences with it!)

2nd pick:

A platoon of T-34/85's. Just to watch them roll around in a nice platoon (even with radios!) and wreak havoc!

3rd pick:

StuPz IV, a armoured assault gun with a 150mm main gun! I have always like the Hummel just to watch a squad disapear under one or two rounds, but now an armoured version! Stalingrad here we come!

Chad Harrison

How about you?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the Sd Kfz 122 Flamingo?

I did a lot of research on it while building it for the CMBB modeling contest. I really want to watch it suppress some allied infantry with its MG34 and then flame them with either its left or right flame-projector. smile.gif

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I think perhaps infantry will be decidedly more effective in CMBB - both with the new MG rules and with tank-killer teams. I'm looking forward to infantry the most. (Human Waves, too.)

Amen to that! With infantry, MG's and the new assault command are what I look forward to.

Infantry will have a lot of hiding to do given some of the QB maps I've seen...

But I'm in the "Big Gun" brigade - ISU/SU-152, KV-2 (even though the one I used in a demo got its clock cleaned by a 150 IG!!) - is the Brumbar in there??

Big guns, heavy armour!! :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

Panzerkampfwagen Mk III should be the tank player's dream come through, as long as it can compete - which is until May 1940 smile.gif

And the Germans are taking on the Ethiopians rather than the Matilda-equipped British or Char B1 bis-armed French. ;) </font>

Originally posted by redwolf:

Brummbaer is scary mother, brother, but what'dya fink on gun dammagge, dammit?

The hummel with its 150mm howitzer has a blast of 200. The 150mm infantry gun (15cm sIG 33) has only 164 of blast. Does anyone know if the Brummbaer, StuPz IV, fields the same round as the sIG 33? IIRC, the Brummbaer is realitively on a Mark III chasis with the sIG 33 infantry gun. I hope that doesnt mean that the Brummbaer only has 164 blast!

Does anyone know why the Hummel has more punch that the sIG 33? I assume its just a larger amount of explosives in the round.

Chad Harrison

Originally posted by redwolf:

Panzerkampfwagen Mk III should be the tank player's dream come through, as long as it can compete - which is until May 1940 smile.gif

How do you figure that? Even the 37mm armed ones romped on the French in '40 and the later 50mm armed ones danced a merry tune in '41 and most of '42.

Michael

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Does anyone know why the Hummel has more punch that the sIG 33? I assume its just a larger amount of explosives in the round.

Test the Hummel and the 150mm infantry gun in CMBO against infantry in foxholes.

You will get a primary example of CMBO's "blast" value only being a summary of a more complex model. And that more complex model driving infantry out of foxholes faster with the gun which has the lower blast value.

I'm looking forward to a classic armor/infantry attack on a Russian village in the summer of 1941. Pz IIIs leading, halt and bring the objective under fire until the artillery can range in. Infantry debusses and advances under covering fire of the tanks. Then, after the infantry engages the enemy force, the tanks work their way around the flanks to chop up any retreating enemy.

smile.gif

Michael

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Am the only person left alive who has not played/seen the beta version??? :(

Not quite, my friend, not quite...

As to the original question, yes, I too would like to see the big-gunned bastards ( ISUs, KV-2s Brummbaers etc ) in action. My fave numero uno would be the StuG IIIg in Finnish use ! :D

I'd also like to see what kind of a killer the Tiger proves to be, with gun optics now modeled !