2002: A Peng Challenge Oddity

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cest bon:

Lorak is coming home!!

He messed up his knee in a jump. Tore a ligament or tendon or something...<hr></blockquote>

BIG HINT: Next time, try wearing a parachute... it really helps break your fall!

Leave it to Lorak to bugger it up....

And for a ligament injury, my professional recommendation is Citadelle gin... and lots of it.

[edited 'cause I hate Andreas and his scenarios]

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Iskander ]</p>

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legal Notice:

I just invaded the IL-2 Sturmovik forum at SimHQ looking for Cesspoolers. We'll see what trash collects on my thread. SimHQ is a great all-around site for keeping up with several games many of us enjoy. See below.

[Edited at the Demand of the Justicar. See Berli post below if you care where the link is.]

You may now return to picking your private parts.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Lawyer ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

"Pearl Harbor" in fact is a good movie with lots of action and plays great on DVD. "Saving Private Ryan" is made for DVD.

"Enemy at the Gates" could have been filmed while crawling around the abandoned mills in Cleveland after the snow gets dirty, and is just about as exciting. With an astounding budget of $138.50, Ed Harris, and a storyline that defies credibility, it seems just the kind of movie that would appeal to the lesser minded here. <hr></blockquote>

Jehova! For someone with your long years in college, you sure can come accross as completely dumb. Pearl harbor {retch} is slightly more putrid than A Thin Boring Line and about as historically accurate as Patriot. Hell, I'm now thinking that you thought Phantom Menace was a good movie.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Jehova! For someone with your long years in college, you sure can come accross as completely dumb. Pearl harbor {retch} is slightly more putrid than A Thin Boring Line and about as historically accurate as Patriot. Hell, I'm now thinking that you thought Phantom Menace was a good movie.<hr></blockquote>For once, or perhaps twice, Berli has the right of it. Pearl Harbor features an incredibly inordinate amount of time on a stupid love story WITH NO SKIN! Now I've no objection to a love story AS LONG AS THERE'S SOME SKIN to keep my interest.

It was a stupid movie and that's all there is to it. But Lawyer wasn't happy just to screw THAT up, oh no, he had to recommend MOH ... IDIOT! It's a bloody twitch-fest and about as accurate as Lawyer's expense account.

Mind I'll check the SimHQ board ... now if Lawyer could remedy the THIRD thing he did wrong and edit that bloody URL so I don't have to scroll then that would be a GOOD thing.

Joe

Hell, I'm now thinking that you thought Phantom Menace was a good movie.<hr></blockquote>

Well, Jar-Jar Binks was based upon the vivid first-hand memories of drunken Olde Ones...

We're talkin' about movies to enjoy here, not historical documentaries. Can you name one historically accurate WWII movie? Get back to us when you find one. I guess you can't watch "Guns of Navarone" or "Saving Prvate Ryan" either, but "Kelley's Heroes" is right up your alley.

BTW, since I know you post at work, shouldn't you get back to skimming over the personal ads again?

Satanical Git!

Why certainly....

Click Here

See? Simple. Now edit your post... idiot<hr></blockquote>

Lawyers have no need to learn that techie stuff when we have minions like you to do it.

Thanks very much.

BTW, the original link wraps back fine on my Super System. Time to upgrade, Joey.

Lawyers have no need to learn that techie stuff when we have minions like you to do it.

Thanks very much.

BTW, the original link wraps back fine on my Super System. Time to upgrade, Joey.<hr></blockquote>SOME of us have our monitors set for other settings that you use Lawyer, it's a matter of preference (and eyesight) and your link is too long so fix it!

I went to your SimHQ link and posted to your thread so that it will look like someone cares ... not that I do. Frankly the signal to noise ratio isn't that great there either. I'm getting really tired of all the flight model grogs and "how come they don't have the Mustang HUH" threads but it's still a great game. They don't, however, seem to have as many off the wall goofs who insist on posting all the nationalistic crap.

Your link is too long, fix it!

Joe

A Cesspool First!

Our own Dear Beloved Justicar was actually BANNED from the SimHQ forum about three nano-seconds after making HIS FIRST POST. As you can see from the Administrator's comments, "JoeBobShaw" isn't welcome there anymore.

I might add that I appreciate the way "CRASH" Crenshaw looks out for poor picked-upon lawyers.

You will all be glad to know that Joe Troll, who constantly admonishes the rest of us to behave, will be able to give us his undivided attention here since he is now persona non grata at SimHQ. See the excerpt below from the IL-2 forum.

-----------------------------------

What a stellar first and last post JoeBobShaw. Either you did not read our rules or have a comprehension problem.

Lawyer, the post does look like a troll. Best to just read a little and make your own assesments.

------------------

Dan "CRASH" Crenshaw

President, SimHQ.com

crash@simhq.com

Author of "How to Live and Die in the Virtual Sky"

http://www.flightsimcentral.com/fsc/howtolivandd.html

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Lawyer ]</p>

A Cesspool First!

Our own Dear Beloved Justicar was actually BANNED from the SimHQ forum about three nano-seconds after making HIS FIRST POST. As you can see from the Administrator's comments, "JoeBobShaw" isn't welcome there anymore.

I might add that I appreciate the way "CRASH" Crenshaw looks out for poor picked-upon lawyers.

You will all be glad to know that Joe Troll, who constantly admonishes the rest of us to behave, will be able to give us his undivided attention here since he is now persona non grata at SimHQ. See below.

-----------------------------------

What a stellar first and last post JoeBobShaw. Either you did not read our rules or have a comprehension problem.

Lawyer, the post does look like a troll. Best to just read a little and make your own assesments.

------------------

Dan "CRASH" Crenshaw

President, SimHQ.com

crash@simhq.com

Author of "How to Live and Die in the Virtual Sky"

http://www.flightsimcentral.com/fsc/howtolivandd.html<hr></blockquote>Sigh, 'tis true, 'tis true. We shouldn't make assumptions as to what goes in certain other forums. Mind you I suspect that Lawyer rigged the whole thing from the start. I edited my post and emailed an apology to the moderator.

Joe

The horrible thing about reading and posting to the HMT in the morning is that I'm sober, thus an idiot (and for those of you thinking "no, more of an idiot" right now, sodd off; now, where was I?).

Fortunately, I have spent the last hour epoxy-sealing a floor of mine in a room with no windows, so the effect is the same as if it were night-time. Specifically, I had a GREAT IDEA.

Lorak (Mrs.) asked about a game for her returning-on-his-shield-not-with-it. Several ideas were put forth. But, how about this: predicated on the assumption that L is not on the CMBB Development Team, why not have us -- the Pool -- petition Steve, Charles, etc. for Lorak to be, well, seconded to the Beta Testers for a bit... they get another tester, Lorak gets a well-deserved perq for hanging it out while the rest of us have just tapped keys for three months, and I come across like a freaking genius/humanitarian for thinking it up.

Damn, that epoxy is some fine stuff!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Ooh ooh! What did he write? (before the edit)<hr></blockquote>Actually it was just the usual. Unfortunately it was the usual CESSPOOL stuff and apparently they have a VERY short fuse on Sim HQ.

It was something along the lines of "Lawyer you geek, if you'd learn how to post URLs then Berli wouldn't have to bail you out AGAIN. Apparently your efforts to troll for CessPoolers has been as effective as your efforts to troll for nubile young ladies to whom you could explain the intricacies of "Gubmint Law."

Now I think you'll grant me that by CessPool standards it was pretty tame, but they jumped on it like I had called the moderator an al Qaeda terrorist or something. Oh well, if I never get to post on the SimHQ forum it won't be the end of the world. The fact that I just registered TODAY gives you some idea of how often I go there.

An object lesson, I suppose, read the rules first before you sign up.

Joe

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iskander:

BIG HINT: Next time, try wearing a parachute... it really helps break your fall!<hr></blockquote>

Actually the ground breaks the fall, the parachute just slows the descent on the way down!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Lawyer ('nuff said):

"Pearl Harbor" in fact is a good movie with lots of action and plays great on DVD.<hr></blockquote>

Pearl Harbour? Great viewing? IMHO, having a spleen removed without anesthetic would be more pleasurable than seeing THAT movie again.

Just as well you have no credibility here otherwise you would have just gone and blown it.

Mace's suggested DVD viewing list:

Cross of Iron

Das Boot (director's cut)

Tora Tora Tora

Bridge too Far

Saving Private Ryan

Aliens 2 (those sci-fi Jarheads are cool)

Lord of the Rings (not officially available yet..but what's the bet it'll be numero uno DVD release when it does appear in this format)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I recommend "Ghost Recon" which simulates modern squad warfare<hr></blockquote>

Damn you, I'll have to give Lawyer a bit of credibility back for that one! Very good game with some awesome missions (and another mission disk appearing in a couple of months).

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hanns:

yes bauhaus, it does contain the words psycho and anal but it has nothing to do with your sister) of

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Hanns ]<hr></blockquote>

Leave my sister out of it you pain seeking, boot licking, spank me til I bleed git.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

[ Bauhaus will likely TRY to welcome him with open arms but Lorak is too clever for THAT ploy.

<hr></blockquote>

Lorak was gone? (Yes stupid, I really knew he was gone, it's called sarcasm) Joe.....give me a hug you big lug.

Hello again Scum!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Here is what I picked up today.

IL2- I like hearing him bitch while he tries to fly. Since he actualy is a pilot it makes me laugh when I hear the:

"Damn it! What the hell is wrong with me? I bet that bastard that just shot me down is only 12 and never even been in a plane!"

A guy at the store recommended Operation flashpoint. So I picked that one up. Should I take it back for ghost recon? Or is that one ok?

For DVDs:

Bridge too far

Enemy at the gates

Outlaw josey wales

The good,the bad,and the ugly.

I will check back a little later. Have to feed the young one.

Cest Bon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cest bon:

A guy at the store recommended Operation flashpoint. So I picked that one up. Should I take it back for ghost recon? Or is that one ok?

<hr></blockquote>

Operation Flashpoint is fun too. He'll get a blast (probably from the wrong end of a T72).

Mace

We're talkin' about movies to enjoy here, not historical documentaries. Can you name one historically accurate WWII movie? Get back to us when you find one. I guess you can't watch "Guns of Navarone" or "Saving Prvate Ryan" either, but "Kelley's Heroes" is right up your alley.<hr></blockquote>

Guns of Navarone makes no pretense of accuracy. Saving Private Ryan would be made a good movie by killing Hanks in the opening scene. Pearl Harbor would be made a useful movie if made from tissue and sold in rolls. Want a good Pearl Harbor movie, see Tora, Tora, Tora... want to cure insomnia, see Pearl Harbor

I have oft refered to you as an idiot, but i never thought I'd call you this...

Wuss<hr></blockquote>No, no Berli, as one who is dedicated to the procedures and policies of the CessPool, I would not be the man I am were I not willing to humble myself in the cause OF procedures and policies. It is a far, far better thing I do ... or something.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andreas:

Mr. Peng's Hunan restaurant is to Chinese food what CMBO is to wargaming. Both Ethan and I had a whale of a time, ate too much of the gorgeous stuff he peddles, chatted with Mr. Peng, and were thorougly glad that he is no relative of our Mr. Peng.<hr></blockquote>

Peng, we will need to obtain tickets to London, and take care of this...situation.

There can be only one...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

No, no Berli, as one who is dedicated to the procedures and policies of the CessPool, I would not be the man I am were I not willing to humble myself in the cause OF procedures and policies. It is a far, far better thing I do ... or something.

Joe<hr></blockquote>

Shaw, you idjit, did you not explain to the anal-retentive moderator (who, while only doing his job, still strikes me as a humourless, beady-eyed Jack Webb sort of character), that you were a dear, personal enemy of Lawyer? That you two shared a camaraderie that transcended the narrow boundaries of the their 'quacking duck' simulator forum?

Apparently it never occured to you to simply send him the message:

"My dear firm, steely-eyed, and touchingly humourless Moderator, many apologies! It is with Lawyer (no bolding for trolloping around on other boards) and myself as it was with D'Artagnan and the Comte de Rochefort! We are the dearest of enemies, and share our close lack of regard and joy with laughing taunts and jolly banter, eh?! Did you not notice the reference to Berli, not a personage on this board (but one with whom you'll doubtless become acquainted after death, what fun!), and other references to indicate our camaraderie and rivalry?

I acknowledge and hold beloved all the rules and policies of this lesser board, as it is no Combat Mission Forum, and therefore holds not to the Peng Challenge Thread Code. But you must see that my little jests, laughably silly in the place from whence we both hail, are no attack upon your just and stiff-necked principals, but rather the (much restrained) greetings of Landsmann encountering each other in this foreign land. We both eagerly desire to participate in this forum, dedicated as it is to the the glorious knowledge that men can achieve the flight and intelligence of birds!

Please believe me when I say that all my future posts will be 'eyes front, expression empty', and as proper as could be desired! Please, please, allow me to course the sterile frigidity of the skies, and cast me not back to the coarse and welcoming embrace of the earth! If I am allowed back into this concourse of raptors, I shall ever after refer to you as my very good ami le pillock, and never refer to your game as the 'chess of twitch games', nor call into question the need for more than dozen hard-wired brain stem functions between the eye and the hand/feet/bowels.

Your Happy D'Artagnan of the Skies,

Joe Shaw

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

(edited because I fecking began the obsessive editing of posts, and all you lot, including Andreas, could benefit from my example. Not to mention that it's damn near impossible to write anything coherent and completely correct in this little 5cm x 8cm window that we're given for composing our remarks...is there some sort of legitimate concept behind this 'less than screen width peep show composition space'?)<hr></blockquote>

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>