BFC, a bad batch of CMBB CD discs?

Tiger

Yes, there was a problem with some of the CDs. I'm not completely sure how much of a defect it was since the CDs can be read by some drives and not others. However it is enough of a problem that replacements will be sent out at some point.

Send them to this thread in the Tech Support forum. Hopefully it should get them going for now. I'm not sure how a replacement CD can be sent to them since the original address is to you (so you may need to send them the replacement CD's too).

In any event I think Battlefront should be able to ship replacement CDs to europe to those that received defective discs from the US. It's not like they're selling them the CDs; the people have already bought the game in the US and had it forwarded to them.

I don't mind forwarding the replacements to them myself but this is getting expensive for them.

-john

Originally posted by Tiger:

I don't mind forwarding the replacements to them myself but this is getting expensive for them.

-john

John-

Not be a jerk, but they accepted this risk when they chose to buy from an alternative source than their European one.

-dale

I think people who are buying multiple copies to send to Europe should contact those people and ask permission to test the disks before shipping them out. It would save them the trouble of paying for shipping twice.

I ordered 3 copies (1 for me, 2 for a couple of friends) and tested them all out before I gave them their copy. Good thing too as there was one bad disk in the bunch. Fortunately we could copy another disk and they are set until I get a replacement for them.

Just a suggestion to save people some time, money and frustration.

Keith

Originally posted by Eric Young:

It is most likely John Ashcroft's fault.

Really, I think it is.

E

Oh my! We are graced with the presence of the great Eric Young. Aren't you supposed to be busy working on the greatest "not an RTS yet not a wargame either" there ever was?

BTW, your choice of beta testers has left you with one less buyer. I was fully intending to purchase GI Combat but the continuous digs by an immature beta tester have really soured my opinion of the game and that community in general.

Keith

Not be a jerk, but they accepted this risk when they chose to buy from an alternative source than their European one.
Because they went through extra expense to get the game they should have to accept poorer quality standards? (note this is in regard to above quote not BFC in general, we kow they bend over back'ards to help their customers smile.gif )

If this is indeed a problem with the CDs not working on certain cd-rom drives that's not a risk they accepted, that's a defect in manufacturing.

Testing out discs before sending them would not have found any problem, I think. I got mine the same day as the other four and mine worked fine; I believe they would have the same problems with the defective cd not being read by certain drives no matter if you tested them before sending them

disregard- I'll be sending them the replacement CDs as soon as I get them. What I'll do tonight is copy the necessary files onto a cd and send it to them tomorrow.

-john

[ September 26, 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

BTW, your choice of beta testers has left you with one less buyer. I was fully intending to purchase GI Combat but the continuous digs by an immature beta tester have really soured my opinion of the game and that community in general.

Keith

just out of curiosity, who's the tester you're referring to?

Originally posted by Eric Young:

Really, I think it is.

E

Pray it doesn't affect your demo upload tomorrow, missy! :D

EDIT - meant with all due respect. I don't like the online community over at the GIC Forum, but am sure they will live without me! Live and let live, I hear some people say. I'll judge the game on the demo - which is still slated for tomorrow I hope? - not on one or two miscreants on your forum.

I thought some of the comments by the guy posting the AARs were stupid in the extreme, but I also thought the AARs were well done, engrossing, and did a good job of showing what the game was like. I'll look forward to downloading the demo.

[ September 26, 2002, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eric Young:

Really, I think it is.

E

Oh my! We are graced with the presence of the great Eric Young. Aren't you supposed to be busy working on the greatest "not an RTS yet not a wargame either" there ever was?

Keith</font>

dalem

You say people in europe chose not to order via the european distributor !!!

That would be CDV then ...... Hands up all those people in UK / France / Ireland / Finland

(to name a few) who have their CDV copy of CMBB..

....or even know the exact date it will be released !

Originally posted by Lou2000:

dalem

You say people in europe chose not to order via the european distributor !!!

That would be CDV then ...... Hands up all those people in UK / France / Ireland / Finland

(to name a few) who have their CDV copy of CMBB..

....or even know the exact date it will be released !

Right, that's exactly what I said. CDV is your standard, vendor-supported choice. You don't have to like it, but there it is. If someone is too impatient to wait the extra time, or concerned about German-censored details, and they obtain the game through a non vendor-supported distribution method, then they need to be mature enough to accept certain risks.

Bad CDs are bad CDs, no argument there, but all this gas about having to "wait", well, I just don't understand it.

-dale

dalem - if the issue don't concern you, give the forum the benefit of your views elsewhere. It may be dissapointing but perhaps a lot of people don't give a chuff what you think. Those that are getting it from the US are doing so for a variety of reasons which are important to THEM (if that's OK with you that is). If you don't agree, fine, but your posts are adding little value on this thread so why not duck out?

Right, that's exactly what I said. CDV is your standard, vendor-supported choice. You don't have to like it, but there it is. If someone is too impatient to wait the extra time, or concerned about German-censored details, and they obtain the game through a non vendor-supported distribution method, then they need to be mature enough to accept certain risks.

Bad CDs are bad CDs, no argument there, but all this gas about having to "wait", well, I just don't understand it.

Excuse me but that post is outright meaningless

Let me ratify certain things here.

First of all, we did not choose to be helped by CDV. I think this is a free world and if some of us want the US version, then let us have it.

I am not impatient to wait, heck i thought the CDV version would come out the 20st in the WHOLE of Europe, and ACCEPTED THE FACT I'D HAVE TO WAIT LONGER FOR A US VERSION.

Third, i hate it when my government censores something, but what i just can't stand at all is when some jerk who's never been to my country censores something for me over here.

Fourth, and my last point, your post is downright insulting to us Euro's

Would you pay 45 dollars for half a manual? the joy of finally owning CMBB but comming home and disappointed to see the copy protection messes your game up. Ahistorical censoring? And now all the delays? You know what i have to say about that?

Thanks, but no thanks

Regards,

Gryphon

[ September 27, 2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Gryphon ]

Originally posted by Apache:

dalem - if the issue don't concern you, give the forum the benefit of your views elsewhere. It may be dissapointing but perhaps a lot of people don't give a chuff what you think. Those that are getting it from the US are doing so for a variety of reasons which are important to THEM (if that's OK with you that is). If you don't agree, fine, but your posts are adding little value on this thread so why not duck out?

I never said it was wrong, Apache, I said I don't understand it. But you want me to leave your thread, you got it.

-dale

Ill take over from here, Dale.

Look guys, you want to do an end run around the established distribution system, thats great.

But if you buy something from America and you live in Europe, you have to pay the postage.

And when you buy software, you know it might not run right the first time...so stop wasting bandwidth whining about it.