The most beautiful tank IMO is...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Soddball:

I can't believe ANYONE could come up with a tank like this. Not even an army of committees and subcommittees could produce it. It must be the work of a truly sick mind.

bob%20semple%20tank_nowa%20zelandia%20.jpg

lol.. is that a turret on top or a washtub??

Regarding the Bob Semple...imagine BFC trying to model the angle of penetration from an incoming round as it hits those corrugations. Mind you, seeing as it looks like it's simply corrugated iron why bother. Just about any round will penetrate it.

As for the best looking tank. Call me parochial but I'll nominate one out of left field- the Sentinal. An Australian designed WWII tank that could actually mount 2 25 pounder guns in its turret in one of its later incarnations. Unfortunately the marque never saw any action as it seemed we were able to source American manufactured Shermans alot easier than building our own (despite over 100 Sentinels being built). :(

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

I can't believe ANYONE could come up with a tank like this. Not even an army of committees and subcommittees could produce it. It must be the work of a truly sick mind.

It was sponsored by and named after a politician. That would explain a lot.

Mace</font>