Should I Buy CMAK or Wait

Problem with starting up a CMx2 forum is it would start out with ZERO info on the product (except for how high the sun will be in the sky at various times of the year). We're all imagining what the game engine, graphics, and interface are going to be like but until the first Alpha screenshot shows up its nothing but pipe dreams.

Until then all we can do is look at those 'Dangerous Waters' screenshots on the other forum and imagine having similar shots to ponder for CMx2.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

Hey old timers, based on BO BB AK timelines, when will BFC start a CMx2 forum?

Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't BFC wait to start an AK forum the same day they put up the demo?

In which case, it could easily be another 9-12 months. On the other hand, if BFC desires to have user input at an earlier date...

Michael

Am I going to be spending $35 on misc. other crap trying to entertain myself while I wait all year for CMx2 to come out?"
Tell me where I can get cmak for $35 canadian dollars and I'll buy it.

A canadian well pay well over $70 canadian dollars to buy the game from battlefront, with the difference in the exchange rate, shipping, then there is very likely that damn GST tax that I haven't even considered yet. And I for one I'm not paying that kind of money for any bloody game.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

In that line I'm focusing less on "2005" and more on "uhhh". Shall we begin listing all the game titles that had been promised for release the end of 2004?

I'm confident that the next CM title won't suffer the fate of Duke Nukem: Forever. I'm also happy that the Battlefront crew have kept the hype low; I don't want to see any screenshots or demos until there's a bullet-proof release date.

Otherwise I'll go nuts if my anxious waiting is only met with further delays. :mad:

Originally posted by DEY:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Am I going to be spending $35 on misc. other crap trying to entertain myself while I wait all year for CMx2 to come out?"

A canadian well pay well over $70 canadian dollars to buy the game from battlefront, with the difference in the exchange rate, shipping, then there is very likely that damn GST tax that I haven't even considered yet. And I for one I'm not paying that kind of money for any bloody game. </font>

Besides, $70 Canadian isn't correct. From what I see, the current exchange rate is something like 1 to 1.22. Including freight, that's just over $50 Canadian. The US$ is hardly worth anything these days...

Taxes are a bit of a hit or miss, depends on the mood of the customs officer checking it (or anybody checking it at all), but usually there are no extra taxes, at least not for single products.

Anyway, about those screenshots, Other Means, I have already emailed them to you last week. You didn't get them? Bugger, I already deleted them...

Martin

thomas3.jpg

Do you mean this Thomas the Top Secret Tank Engine screenshot you accidently sent me? tongue.gif

Originally posted by Moon:

Besides, $70 Canadian isn't correct. From what I see, the current exchange rate is something like 1 to 1.22. Including freight, that's just over $50 Canadian. The US$ is hardly worth anything these days...

Taxes are a bit of a hit or miss, depends on the mood of the customs officer checking it (or anybody checking it at all), but usually there are no extra taxes, at least not for single products.

Anyway, about those screenshots, Other Means, I have already emailed them to you last week. You didn't get them? Bugger, I already deleted them...

Martin

Besides, $70 Canadian isn't correct. From what I see, the current exchange rate is something like 1 to 1.22. Including freight

I keep thinking our dollar is only around 70 cents US. I see that at $35 + $8 = $43US would be as of 29 Dec 2004 equal $52.30 Canadian at an 1.2163 (0.8222) exchange rate. Never was any good at math. :eek:

Originally posted by DEY:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Am I going to be spending $35 on misc. other crap trying to entertain myself while I wait all year for CMx2 to come out?"

A canadian well pay well over $70 canadian dollars to buy the game from battlefront, with the difference in the exchange rate, shipping, then there is very likely that damn GST tax that I haven't even considered yet. And I for one I'm not paying that kind of money for any bloody game. </font>

I practically threw my Canuckbucks at them as fast as I could and said, "gimegimegimegimegimegime!!!!!!!!!" :D

Why have you waited so blinkin' long!

Originally posted by norvandave:

A little help please... I'm a little leery about laying down the hard earn Canadian $ if the price is going to come down or it should go retail. Should I just wait at this time to buy CMx2? When is that coming anyhow?

Agent-006, true. I was talking about US (and Canadian) retail. CMAK is available in (selected) retail in Australia, Japan and some countries in Europe (including Russia).

Martin

Moon,

CMAK is available retail in Canada, a software store downtown in Montreal has had it in stock since it came out last fall, as well as CMBO and CMBB special edition.