Peng Challenges the Abominable Snowman

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

For all I know Lars is too inebriated himselft to issue orders to his troops and is just clicking "Go" repeatedly.

Shhh, you'll make Joe feel bad.

Umm...nevermind....

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L is for the layabout that he has become by not sending turns.

A is for the alibis that he always has for not sending turns

R is for the ridiculous excuses he has for not sending turns

S is for Saturday and Sunday when he NEVER sends turns

Put them all together they spell Noturnsendingdrivelpostinglayabout

PS-Did anybody get a turn from Lars last night?

L is for the layabout that he has become by not sending turns.

A is for the alibis that he always has for not sending turns

R is for the ridiculous excuses he has for not sending turns

S is for Saturday and Sunday when he NEVER sends turns

Put them all together they spell Noturnsendingdrivelpostinglayabout

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Yes, I did. As a matter of fact, here is the accompanying message:

"Dearest Boo,

A thousand pardons that this turn is a little late, but I broke my leg rescuing a small kitten down from the roof of one of my tenants apartments. Normally, I would have just thrown rocks at it until a lucky one hit it and knocked it down, but you have been such an inspiration to me with your kind and gentle wisdom, that I climbed up on the roof myself, disturbing a hornets nest in the process and braving their hundreds of stings, shielded the poor feline's body with my own as I hurtled off the second story roof, crashing through several stout tree limbs, to finally come to rest on a pile of discarded, broken Colt 45 bottles left there by dalem, for some reason.

Please forgive me for my tardiness as I've just now come out of anaphylactic shock from the hornet's stings. Did I mention I'm allergic to them?

So, once again, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry. I know I don't deserve it, but please forgive me.

Your bestest friend,

Lars

p.s. I didn't send a turn to Boggs because I think he's a big nimrod and probably smells funny."

Yes, I did. As a matter of fact, here is the accompanying message:

"Dearest Boo,

A thousand pardons that this turn is a little late, but I broke my leg rescuing a small kitten down from the roof of one of my tenants apartments. Normally, I would have just thrown rocks at it until a lucky one hit it and knocked it down, but you have been such an inspiration to me with your kind and gentle wisdom, that I climbed up on the roof myself, disturbing a hornets nest in the process and braving their hundreds of stings, shielded the poor feline's body with my own as I hurtled off the second story roof, crashing through several stout tree limbs, to finally come to rest on a pile of discarded, broken Colt 45 bottles left there by dalem, for some reason.

Please forgive me for my tardiness as I've just now come out of anaphylactic shock from the hornet's stings. Did I mention I'm allergic to them?

So, once again, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry. I know I don't deserve it, but please forgive me.

Your bestest friend,

Lars

p.s. I didn't send a turn to Boggs because I think he's a big nimrod and probably smells funny."

Well, I for one, am very pleased to see various members of The Pool out and about contributing to the various Threads.

Our own dear Papa Khann had this brilliant insight which he posted in the "Contour Thread", which I would like to share with everyone so that they might appreciate the intellectual gifts that seemingly abound in Minnesota

Papa Khann: Doh!!!

Reading his posts here in this Thread, one could never truly grasp the depths of his intellect. Apparently hanging with Lars, dalem, & Seanachai has clearly raised his IQ to a new level (almost double digits)!

Well, I for one, am very pleased to see various members of The Pool out and about contributing to the various Threads.

Our own dear Papa Khann had this brilliant insight which he posted in the "Contour Thread", which I would like to share with everyone so that they might appreciate the intellectual gifts that seemingly abound in Minnesota

Reading his posts here in this Thread, one could never truly grasp the depths of his intellect. Apparently hanging with Lars, dalem, & Seanachai has clearly raised his IQ to a new level (almost double digits)!

No worry about you becoming part of this exhalted group...eh Jimmy ?

No worry about you becoming part of this exhalted group...eh Jimmy ?

I meant to say "exhausted group"....so sue me.

Bah....dictionary grog.

P.S. My good buddy Lars is never remiss in sending me turns on a regular basis...perhaps his delaying tactics with you have something to do with your breath?

[ May 05, 2004, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

I meant to say "exhausted group"....so sue me.

Bah....dictionary grog.

P.S. My good buddy Lars is never remiss in sending me turns on a regular basis...perhaps his delaying tactics with you have something to do with your breath?

[ May 05, 2004, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Gamey update:

Panzer Leader still hasn't sent a turn. That makes two years tomorrow. His little computer dudes are wading through deep snow towards the flag I decided not to contest (except that it's one big minefield covered with TRPs).

I really want him to go there and I've been waiting TWO YEARS!

That's what I wanted to say.

Thank you for listening and

gud bless

P.S. Boggs I never expected to run into you in these parts. I always thought of you as a strictly outerboards kinda guy.

Gamey update:

Panzer Leader still hasn't sent a turn. That makes two years tomorrow. His little computer dudes are wading through deep snow towards the flag I decided not to contest (except that it's one big minefield covered with TRPs).

I really want him to go there and I've been waiting TWO YEARS!

That's what I wanted to say.

Thank you for listening and

gud bless

P.S. Boggs I never expected to run into you in these parts. I always thought of you as a strictly outerboards kinda guy.

Huh?

Papa

Huh?

Papa

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Huh?

Papa </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Huh?

Papa </font>

Dear Mr. Bug,

Of course you did. But the fact that you appear to be unaware of the fact that I was aware of your gross misrepresentations of my postings in the outerboards can only lead me to assume that you lack sufficient awareness. Clearly, you're insensible demeanor is overshadowed only by your oafishness.

Plus, you freely admit to having had your limited awareness expanded by the likes of Leete! Leete, no less! A known carpet fondler and bed wetter. Could you possibly stoop any lower? And having stooped to the level of a gutter snipe, you no sooner turn around and announce the fact to the world?

Show some backbone, lad. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Stand up straight and walk tall (well, as close to it as you can come with your no doubt simian stature). Or if you need me to spell it out more clearly for you, deny that you even know who Leete is! Cover it up, man. Ye gods.

Papa

Dear Mr. Bug,

Of course you did. But the fact that you appear to be unaware of the fact that I was aware of your gross misrepresentations of my postings in the outerboards can only lead me to assume that you lack sufficient awareness. Clearly, you're insensible demeanor is overshadowed only by your oafishness.

Plus, you freely admit to having had your limited awareness expanded by the likes of Leete! Leete, no less! A known carpet fondler and bed wetter. Could you possibly stoop any lower? And having stooped to the level of a gutter snipe, you no sooner turn around and announce the fact to the world?

Show some backbone, lad. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Stand up straight and walk tall (well, as close to it as you can come with your no doubt simian stature). Or if you need me to spell it out more clearly for you, deny that you even know who Leete is! Cover it up, man. Ye gods.

Papa