Now ive gone and done it...

after a long deliberation i have now uninstalled CMBB and CMAK... but not only that... ive deleted all the mods on my HD too :eek:

why you might ask?

well ive stopped playing the game... havent played it for about a year i think...

so ill see you guys again when CMX2 comes out...

until then... LOOK OUT FOR THAT AT-GUN IN THE TREELINE!

I don't get it... I have just started getting into CMBB (but still am just playing my first PBEM as Hungarians and haven't tried the Polish or several German & Soviet branches yet). I don't see how I would be able to dump CMBB and move to CMAK before the next game is out. Or how someone would have lost interest in CM in so few years!

The community is dying slowly from the inside like an old tree, as the phrase goes. Which is a sad thing.

Have to understand it though, the game looks and feels old and tired. While unchallenged in its genre, other genres have moved forward. Some of them several generations. They demand attention.

Well I'll stick around. Where else are grogs wanted these days anyway.

Yes I promise to not forget to turn the light off before I leave.

Dandelion

I really haven't seen a single game do what this game can. I've been playing for 3 years and still don't find it boring.

Granted I don't play every day and take rather gracious breaks, but is there really anything out there that's better than this?

I know that CMx2 will replace my attention from these games, but I seriously don't see anything on the horizon or currently made even close to this.

I agree CMx2 will be the only thing that finally kills these games for me. As CMBB kind of killed CMBO. CMBB survived the release of CMAK though.

I have cut back my CM playing drastically, pretty much only PBEM now. My time playing against the computer is usually spent playing some other wargames. I still think CM is the best though. I want them to be as thorough with CMx2 as the previous games, but I hope they release it before the community whithers away too much.

Sooner or later the young ones get old. FPS and RTS gets to be too fast. The units get too small. That is why I play CM. I had to switch to SPWAW from CC, C and C, etc. Over a year ago I say some hype about CMAK. I got the BO demo, ran out and bought BB.

Back then the forums were hot. Lots of websites. Now.....

We shall see if CMX2 is what we want. If not, there are hundreds of scenarios that I haven't gotten around to playing.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

..........We shall see if CMX2 is what we want. If not, there are hundreds of scenarios that I haven't gotten around to playing.

Right on.

CMBB came and CMBO went. CMAK came and CMBB went. CMx2, (depending upong when it is focused) will come and then CMAK will go, -but not a minute sooner.

Say, can we get one simple question answered by someone that knows?? Please?

Will CMx2 be focused in WWII?

Thanks.

Oddball_E8's abandoning CM isn't exactly an indictment of the game, considering the obvious fun he did have with it over a pretty extended period. There aren't many computer games out there that would've lasted half so long. Hell, I know people who had marriages that didn't last so long... and it cost 'em considerably more than $50 too!

Indeniably, CMBO, CMBB and CMAK are(were) an improvement in the wargames planet.

I dont play enough with them, but I appreciate to see with admiration a lot of people very interested by these history games ; such as scenarios makers or modders and others give (given) to these tactical games a real sensation.

If I remember the first time when I've discovered the CMBO beta version in game magazine, I was very amazing to see a game like that, and I've played and played and played I dont remember exactly how many times I spent to play and replay the same scenarios ; and what you see now 3 CM's.

I must say CM's are very very very good games and I havn't any doubt about BFC team to give us a new CMx2 game engine with the same enthusiasm as the beginning. Pat