Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Peng is the mother of all challenges

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now c'mon Andreas (bolded cause everyone else seems to be forgetting to do so today) - don't hold back man...tell us how you *really* feel about it!

Now for me...I feel a certain trepidation as my significant other is outside on the cell with some strange little gnome from "up Nawth". Whatever will become of this?

Hey, Mace! You and I are now the overlords! The minor leagues to be sure, but not rank amateurs like the rest of these lousy vermin. We gots CLOUT.

Who'd a thunk that the check I sent Gyrene would clear so fast?

Hey, Boo, don't you just hate it when you post (probably thinking it's funny), and just when you look to see your name on the top of the forum, some other twit has posted right after, knocking your name out of the spotlight?

Don't you? Good. I knew it would annoy you, that's why I did it.

And why is Andreas crying out loud? Does he wish he was one of those uber Gremans, instead of the pale man without a country he is now?

What the feckin' fecknessity are you babbling about now, you huge grinning anthropoid? I swear, Rog, how it is that bands of concerned citizens haven't shown up on your doorstep demanding blood from you for just being you, is a source of everlasting wonderment to me and other right thinking individuals. Now go away and play in traffic for awhile, the adults are talking.

I'm going to Chicago in (wait one, while I figure out this 'calendar' thingy...) roughly, two weeks. I will drive to Chicago. I will be completely fecking broke.

I expect to be able to cadge enough money for gas to get home. It's that, or I'll have to take up being homeless where the Chicagoans live and work. Who wouldn't contribute a few bucks to make sure that doesn't happen?

While there, I expect to be 'kept' in the style to which I've become accustomed. So, all CM scum in the Chicagoland area should lay in a supply of cheap wine, paper bags, beef jerky, and I expect the best, the very best sites under all the local railroad bridges to have been scoped out and reserved.

I have spoken.

When your mother sends back all your invitations

And your father to your sister he explains

That you're tired of yourself and all of your creations

Won't you come see me, Queen Jane ?

Now when all of the flower ladies want back what they have lent

you

And the smell of their roses does not remain

And all of your children start to resent you

Now when all the clowns that you have commissioned

Have died in battle or in vain

And you're sick of all this repetition

When all of your advisers heave their plastic

At your feet to convince you of your pain

Trying to prove that your conclusions should be more drastic

Now when all of the bandits that you turned your other cheek to

All lay down their bandanas and complain

And you want somebody you don't have to speak to

Originally posted by dalem:

The Apocalypso is definitely nigh.

I agree with something Andreas posted.

Be afraid.

Let's make it a 'dumb bugger red state halfwit/clever and erudite blue state natural' sweep, and say that I agree as well.

There you have it! America, united once again, offering the hand of friendship to our foreign allies.

Except, of course, in Dalem's case, it's more like Zippy the Pinhead manifesting as a rightwing nutjob.

Hey, Dalem! Wanna drive to Chicago with me, you tosser?

Originally posted by dalem:

Seanachai, as kind as the offer is, I must pass.

Because, after all, "I'm a very stylish girl."

Eh, you're just a homebody. You will not put on the shining mail, nor take up the sword, nor risk yourself amongst foreign foes.

I don't fault you, lad. I just...pity you, a bit.

Keep the home fires burning, keep Papa Khann happy with fecking fruit in his fecking beer, and we'll all get together when I return, eat some abalone, and piss off a cliff...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

While there, I expect to be 'kept' in the style to which I've become accustomed.

That's great, but not everyone wants to keep a mis-shapen trog bound and gagged in their basement. Well, Boo maybe.

[ March 02, 2005, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I'm going to Chicago in (wait one, while I figure out this 'calendar' thingy...) roughly, two weeks. I will drive to Chicago. I will be completely fecking broke.

blah, blah, blah

I have spoken.

you definitely will be after you drive through my little puddle of mud!!! *ha ha ha evil laugh*

I will have to keep a sharp eye out for Minnestronean plates.

Drop me a line, I will buy you lunch or a cup of coffee or sumfink if our schedules mesh, assuming you are taking 90 through Beloit on your oddysey... ummm odyysey... ummm odysseeyy... damn it, *trundles over to spell check* Odyssey, there it is. I curse you Greeks, with your illogical spellings, and great influence on Western Culture, from the bottom of my illiterate pit, I curse you.

Lady Moraine I sense a lack in the force continuum that is the Cesspool, I haven't seen hide, nor hair, or even smelt for that matter, Ruyne, Leader of our great house, is he too busy with CMX2 to check on matters of state?

Ok, I should really be out arresting reprobates, and not in here talking to them.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

]you definitely will be after you drive through my little puddle of mud!!! *ha ha ha evil laugh*

Drop me a line, I will buy you lunch or a cup of coffee or sumfink if our schedules mesh, assuming you are taking 90 through Beloit on your...Odyssey

Is there any way to get to Chicagoland from here without going through fecking Beloit? Don't even begin talking about 'Iowa' fer chrissake...hideous place...

I'll let you know...

Oh, and do you know where the name 'Beloit' comes from?

It's the sound a quarter makes when it plunges into a toilet.

Originally posted by Andreas:

Not Keitel, he was that not-so proficient man who made Rommel lose the war...

I suppose he means Harvey Keitel?

[ponders with a little twitch of the tale]

... he's the one who got naked at the piano?

[ponders some more...]

... and you wouldn't want to be learning the piano?

[twitches again...]

A Francophile Anglo-German polyglot, undressed and wanting to learn the piano *sniff* YER NOT GOING TO AUSTRALIA. YER NOT SINGING SCHUBERT NAKKID.

It seems that I'm...On Quest.

In March, I must make my way to Chicagoland, to visit old college friends who miss me. On the way...well, on the way I have to meet as many of you ignorant buggers as I can.

Apparently, I'm already somehow, horribly, entangled with the concept of Beloit. But my time is my own. It actually tickles my evil, outlaw heart to think of meeting up with a copper in Beloit.

Berli, be a good Ultimate Fecking Evil From Which All Right Thinking Men Hide Their Faces, and set up some sort of Meeting with any Chicagoland buggers who want to spit in my face, and kick me in the crotch.

Oh, who am I kidding. Berli couldn't arrange a bottle party in a brewery. Rune? Are you reading the Thread? I'll be arriving in Chicagoland in a tenday or so.

I'll send you the details once I inform my family I'm going to be arrested in Illinois. NG Cavscout, send me your real name and email and such. so that I can can use your good offices to actually get through Wisconsin with no more than the usual problems...