July 1940 - Panzers gone Weald

Originally posted by Holien:

I think Andreas is being held by the French!!!

;)

I have not heard from him in ages and I do hope he has a roof over his head and is not working too hard...

H

Last seen him in mid September.... His plans were to not work too hard and to move house last weekend.

Probably busy scouting for the best bars in Paris?

Gruß

Joachim

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joachim

I was going to dig out your mail but here will do.

That wine of yours was very very nice and Debbie says thanks.

smile.gif

Lou that web site is good (I should have posted the link) I have used it for mapping the history of this place.

For any designers looking for realistic layouts the resource is very good and as you say the UK only really moved up a gear on land use after WWI.

So the maps are pretty useful for Sealion scenarios. I had wished I had thought about it earlier.

A bit of lateral thinking missed.

;)

H

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry about the delay. There is a serious case of work-related Real Life™ going on that I am trying to cope with.

I will probably have to strip this whole thing down to the bones, and just release a mod-pack, based on the mods Gordon did for me, with (if I manage to remember all of it), some information on other mods to install.

The scenarios are not finished, and probably will never be.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have had a bit of time this weekend, and was trying to put things together. Turns out that I transferred the mod files onto my laptop. My laptop has a system crash (Mac OSX 10.3.latest - if someone can tell me what 'system failure CPU=0 Code 00000001 (corrupt stack) means, email is in the profile), and there is no ETA for fixing it. In fact, I may have to erase the HDD to fix it, with all that is on it.

On my old machine, which I have reactivated now, iDisk is not working anymore, for reasons totally unclear to me. That means I can not update the .Mac homepage with new files, even if I were able to rescue them.

So, after all that, all I can do for the time being is to publish the link to the .Mac homepage as was in September. Some of the mods may not be last version, and quite a few are not on it (e.g. the buildings, but I believe these are on CMMODS). All the scenarios are unfinished and should not be played if that bothers you.

I also have no idea what the DL limit for a Mac homepage is, but I guess I will find out.

Here it is anyway: Linky poo

Best way to recover data in this sitation is to yank the HD from the laptop and connect it to a working desktop.

I don't know about macs, but when we do this on PCs, we pull the 2.5" laptop drive and use a wonderful $5 adaptor to let it run on standard IDE. We can then put it into a working desktop machine and--if the drive is still visible in BIOS--usually recover the data. I am sure similar steps can be taken on a mac to recover a disk without formatting it. If both macs have IDE hard drives, then the same procedure should work.

A repair shop should be able to do this, if nothing else.

Reading a bit more from Apple Support site - might not be complete hardware meltdown

Firstly try and get the irreplaceable data off, has it got a CD burner? etc. Then using your bootable OSX install disks begin again to reformat the drive, reinstall system and updates.

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

It sounds like the logic board is on the way out - best get it looked at/replaced pronto if it's under warranty.

Not under warranty, but I'll see what I can do to get it fixed.

Thanks a lot Wicky. </font>

Originally posted by Wicky:

Reading a bit more from Apple Support site - might not be complete hardware meltdown

Firstly try and get the irreplaceable data off, has it got a CD burner? etc. Then using your bootable OSX install disks begin again to reformat the drive, reinstall system and updates.

Wish I could do that. It crashes after about 0-10minutes of doing anything (including nothing). so there is no way I can burn CDs of data from it. I'd end up with a range of ugly coasters. But I found a chap who will have a looksee. If it is a logicboard failure, it'll be a case of the dustbin for it. That'll teach me to buy anything with an "i" at the beginning from Apple (had issues with an iMac I once owned too).

What happens if you boot in 9 or bootable install OSX CD?

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

Wish I could do that. It crashes after about 0-10minutes of doing anything (including nothing). so there is no way I can burn CDs of data from it. I'd end up with a range of ugly coasters. But I found a chap who will have a looksee. If it is a logicboard failure, it'll be a case of the dustbin for it. That'll teach me to buy anything with an "i" at the beginning from Apple (had issues with an iMac I once owned too). </font>

Okay, I think all the mods that I exclusively had are now online at the download page. I have also copied some unedited info from junk2drive on other useful mods.

I'll try to get some more info into the page over the next weeks.

The scenarios have been pulled, because they are not finished.