Steve's recent CMx2 Bones

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Maybe the reson why they are going to focus on "smaller" campaigns like Normandy as opposed to entire fronts and years of time is because of the possibility of an operational component?

The speculation drives me crazy!

What's the current community estimate for release?

(and don't anyone say 'when it's ready')

smile.gif

Something i noticed on the T72 game site that *might* apply to upcoming CMx2. That game looks to be going to ship on double CDs and may take up a hefty 2 gig footprint. This may signal BFCs own willingness to expand beyond the single CD straightjacket that had caused such problems with the last two CM1 games.

...like reading tea leaves.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Something i noticed on the T72 game site that *might* apply to upcoming CMx2. That game looks to be going to ship on double CDs and may take up a hefty 2 gig footprint. This may signal BFCs own willingness to expand beyond the single CD straightjacket that had caused such problems with the last two CM1 games.

Or DVD instead of CD. smile.gif

Guest ExplodingMonkey
Originally posted by MikeyD:

Really? I like throwing chicken entrails on the table myself.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Yes, two CDs or a single DVD is a must for CMx2. We barely fit CMAK onto one CD.

Steve

If I can be permitted to be the first one to overanalyze this;

<font size=1>ahem</font>

Oh my God Steve that's GREAT news! My life has just changed! I can't believe how much CMX2 is going to ROCK, evidence of which is the fact you said it will be on TWO CD's!!!!! OMG!!!!! Does that mean it will feature the PACIFIC theatre?

Seriously, though, I hope the song lyrics will be printed on the jewel case rather than the pdf manual.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Oh my God Steve that's GREAT news! My life has just changed! I can't believe how much CMX2 is going to ROCK, evidence of which is the fact you said it will be on TWO CD's!!!!! OMG!!!!! Does that mean it will feature the PACIFIC theatre?

Even more important, will there be pictures of nekkid wimmin now?

Michael

Thanks for the compilation Tom, I was getting rather squinty-eyed trying to find all the "bones" hidden amongst the Peng-like rabble (or is it rubble?).

Gotta say, I feel a bit like a bear that just awoke from a 5 year hibernation... whew! I haven't exactly been on the ball (forum-wise) from CMBB to CMAK, although I do own a copy of BB. But like any savvy bear, when Steve, Moon and Co. start throwing more tasty CMx2 bones, you just have to take notice and starting sniffing the air.

So far things sound just fine to me. I am behind the narrower but deeper idea and figure these New England bums have probably learned a few things in the last 6 years plus. ;)

Hey Steve, I think we need to spice things up by having an official "CMx - Night of the Refresh Monkeys" sequel this fall!! Waddya say? tongue.gif Just for old times sake, ya know?

*Now, now, now Steve... put the gun down, it was just a joke- ha, ha funny?* (Gulp!)

Hell, I might just open up another "Scotch - the water of life" thread to reel in Charles and make him say "BOO!" once in a while. There are a lot of great drams out there to be enjoyed over an exciting, shiny new CM demo... :D

Waiting to catch the next bone... (Moon's last one hit me right on the noggin!) :eek:

...obviously it didn't knock any sense into me...

Gromit

Originally posted by flamingknives:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V:

non sequitur?

smile.gif

Indeed. After having that for nearly a year, you're the first to point it out.

Fixed. </font>