Are any modders working on a Sealion total conversion?

Grossdeutschland was in training for Sealion also. There was a detailed discussion of the planning in REICH (IIRC) by James Lucas. I'll see if I can find my copy.

Bear in mind the First Canadian Division was probably one of the only relatively fully equipped CW formations in the UK, and even then, they were using 18-pounder artillery pieces, and there were shortages of LMGs and 2-pounder anti-tank guns. Also bear in mind that infantry battalions prior to 1943 did not have a Support Company.

So Andreas, are you concerned mainly with scenery mods - English Pubs etc.? ;)

Most motor transport for officers was left behind at Dunkirk - necessitating new rules in 1940 that required all officers in the British Army to learn to ride a motorcycle, and all brigadiers and up to know how to ride pillion. So you shouldn't see any jeeps in the 1940 mod. Trucks were also in short supply, though I suppose civilian vehicles could and would be pressed into service in either event.

Denis Whitaker of the RHLI remembered being sent to the UK in the summer of 1940 as a Carrier Platoon commander, in order to receive training on carriers. There were no carriers, however, and the drivers were being taught to drive a Universal Carrier by using double decker buses from London.

Hi,

I would certainly appreciate a North West Europe total conversion. Sadly, I believe it would take a huge amount of work, so I read, hence it has not happened.

Normandy and parts of southern England could just about be covered by the same mod… but do not hold your breath, if it were going to happen… it probably would have by now.

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by Nelson 1812:

You may be interested in reading:

The Hitler Options, Alternate decisions of World War II has a chapter on Sea-lion, or Invasion, The German Invasion of England, July 1940. By Kenneth Macksey ISBN 1-85367-065-0

German forces mentioned are:

6th Mountain diversion

Was this unit trained to divert the enemy towards the mountainous regions in the north of England?

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Romulus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gautrek:

Also we have pounds as money while Eruopeans use the Euro.Which from what i have seen isn't worth anything .

Moreover you drive on the left while we drive on the right. As for Euro, I don't know what you're referring to but I really enjoy going around Europe with no need to exchange money. Which from what I've experienced is worth it. </font>

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nelson 1812:

You may be interested in reading:

The Hitler Options, Alternate decisions of World War II has a chapter on Sea-lion, or Invasion, The German Invasion of England, July 1940. By Kenneth Macksey ISBN 1-85367-065-0

German forces mentioned are:

6th Mountain diversion

Was this unit trained to divert the enemy towards the mountainous regions in the north of England?

Regards

Jim R. </font>

I have just bought Seelowe on E_Bay so will see if it is as good as my memory tells me...

Should be here this week, I expect it will have a full break down of units involved (or planned to be involved).

I have also been ploughing through a book on Sealion which has some good quotes and shows why it really was not going to happen.

H

[ June 28, 2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

• 1 month later...