Keeping the roads free of bears and moose -- it's The Cheery Waffle Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Can someone make a suitable scenario for a "Smope eviscerates Dave H"

Yeah, yeah, big talk just like Mike Tyson was spouting last week about his opponent. Wasn't it something like "I'm going to gut him like a fish"? Anybody else see how that worked out for Iron Mike this weekend? Seems like I saw a picture of him tangled in the ropes. tongue.giftongue.gif

Lotsa elite flame throwers and crack TNT chucking devices?

:mad: Pretty Please with TNT slathered on top? :mad:

I suspect we could always crank up one of Soddball's cursed "Inferno" scenarios. That sounds like what you're after. How about something with nothing but flamethrowers and assault guns in the fog? Maybe we could include bazookas and panzershrecks, too. You know, something to really showcase our "realistic" tactical skillz! :D:D </font>

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Oh, and if someone can email me the 1.01 executable, I could get a turn out.

Sent, maggot. Send me that Cheery Waffles scenario. This one's coming your way, W&C. </font>

Ah, once again Soddy has pierced to the heart of the matter? How comes you ain't on my list of people I never send turns to, Sockpuppet?

_Axe_, you ignoramus, you enjoy crashing your little virtual planes into the ground, have you tried the Pacific theater version of IL-2? If so, how is it?

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Ah, once again Soddy has pierced to the heart of the matter? How comes you ain't on my list of people I never send turns to, Sockpuppet?

Probably coz I iz suffering CM burnout. Started playing again a bit, finishing off some scenarios (Inferno, Forward Recon and Bidberg Heights now all at the Scenario depot and more to follow) but not really playing enough. Now I have the 1.01 executable again I can probably finish off some games.

Sent, maggot. Send me that Cheery Waffles scenario. This one's coming your way, W&C. </font>

:mad: :mad: I had ordered for new computer parts almost two weeks ago, and finally, having heard or seen nothing of them, called to the store.

"What gives??!? :mad: "

"Oh, it looks like our importer doesn't have the Antec AMB case+power anymore. redface.gif Would you like to buy a 30 Euro's more expensive model?"

...which I, after considering it over, did, but anyhow: Why The Hell Didn't Those Maggot Bastards E-Mail/Call Me IMMEDIATELY When They Realized They Couldn't Fulfill My Order??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Sergei:

:mad: :mad: I had ordered for new computer parts almost two weeks ago, and finally, having heard or seen nothing of them, called to the store.

"What gives??!? :mad: "

"Oh, it looks like our importer doesn't have the Antec AMB case+power anymore. redface.gif Would you like to buy a 30 Euro's more expensive model?"

...which I, after considering it over, did, but anyhow: Why The Hell Didn't Those Maggot Bastards E-Mail/Call Me IMMEDIATELY When They Realized They Couldn't Fulfill My Order??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because they're Snarkers.

You should have bought a computer from me. My computers rock.

I hate UBB.

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Originally posted by _UXcva:

Goodale you bastiche!

Truer words were never spoken. :D:D

Hey _UXcva, long time no see! How's life on Lake Michigan treating you? Ever see Tugboat? He never did finish the BDLRM2 scenario. Of course, he was taking a beating much like the ones suffered by so many wannabes. :D:D

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

I don't have a cushy Gubmint job.

HAHA! *points*

Sucks to be you.

*checks today's schedule*

Hmmmm 3 hour system workshop this morning. That means about 10 minutes discussion on the task at hand, and the balance spent talking about sport, cracking jokes, or talking about something not related to the task at hand.

A liquid lunch at the local bar at 12, and a return to work at 4 to collect bag and stagger home.

A very busy day!

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

have you tried the Pacific theater version of IL-2? If so, how is it?

GHGAHGAH GHAGHAAGHAGAGA HGHAGHAGHAA

Allow me, Axe, you Canadian example of fly pupua......

You slimey maggot postule! It's a module of IL2 isn't it? That should speak for itself, more aircraft, more theatres, and now carriers to crash from or into!!! :mad: :mad:

For those of you Cheery Waffles who, like me, don't frequent the Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg Forum, please check out the thread titled "question from new gamer". I happened upon it while looking for posts by the late, great Polish versions of Tim the Enchanter. Soddball's been there, too.

I was kind of tickled about the original question, which concerned the submarines in SC2 rusting over time. Completely idiotic, but still clever enough in its own twisted way. Anyway, somewhere along the line this waltero character (a gamer who freely admits his knowledge of the second world war is from the History Channel and wargames) comes along and drops his bombshell about how the Allies won WW2.

Yes friends, the truth has finally come to light. The Allies won the big one, WW2, because God was on our side. End of story. Now the infamous jon_j_rambo has dropped by the thread to confirm that waltero has his facts in perfect order.

What I want to know is why did the Allies waste all of the lives and capital in that war if victory was inevitable? Couldn't everybody in the UK and the US and the USSR and the Commonwealth and China have just lounged around home and waited for God to take care of the Axis?

Needless to say, the history I thought I knew has been seriously shaken. This requires a paradigm shift about the last 70 or so years of history and it may take me some time to adjust. Meanwhile, my head is spinning. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

(edited to spell names correctly)

[ June 17, 2005, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]