**** ROW IV (part 3) ****

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat at work...

I have a whole bunch of AAR's I have yet to process.

Yours should be amongst them.

I should be able to process them all on Sunday after my folks have been shipped back to their home.

Sorry for the delay in response to specific AAR's.

H

Originally posted by PittPanther31:

Let's say hypothetically you got smashed in the majority of your battles. smile.gif Would it still be prudent to take the time to write AAR's?

I'm not clear if it is a must or not.

Ah, but the question is did the other 35 players who played the same scenario and side score better or worse than you?

As for whether or not to write an AAR, there was a player in the ROW III regular tourney that missed getting into the finals by a fraction of a point, even though he scored consistently higher than the next guy in line. The reason? You guessed it - AARs. The #2 guy wrote all his, and the bonus points he received was *just* enough to get him in.

I pitty da fool that got stomped worse than me in Squeezing the Melon :eek:

Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PittPanther31:

Let's say hypothetically you got smashed in the majority of your battles. smile.gif Would it still be prudent to take the time to write AAR's?

I'm not clear if it is a must or not.

Ah, but the question is did the other 35 players who played the same scenario and side score better or worse than you?

As for whether or not to write an AAR, there was a player in the ROW III regular tourney that missed getting into the finals by a fraction of a point, even though he scored consistently higher than the next guy in line. The reason? You guessed it - AARs. The #2 guy wrote all his, and the bonus points he received was *just* enough to get him in. </font>

Originally posted by Pacestick:

As for whether or not to write an AAR, there was a player in the ROW III regular tourney that missed getting into the finals by a fraction of a point, even though he scored consistently higher than the next guy in line. The reason? You guessed it - AARs. The #2 guy wrote all his, and the bonus points he received was *just* enough to get him in.

[covers ears and chants,"NAH-NAH-NAH-I-AM-NOT-LISTENING...]

I'll ignore the quoted post as best as possible - I've already procrastinated on my scores/AARs enough as it is and if I go reading that I've got another [no - be strong - don't think about it....must do scores and AARs this weekend...] :D

Originally posted by Holien:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

My understanding is deadline for AARs is one week after scores submission deadlines, which would be June 14 + 7 = June 21.

Correct?

Correct </font>

Right just had some time to file more AAR's.

So far the following People have handed in a full set of AAR's. And remember that these are the only ones which will be able to move onto the finals for that lovely wine. ;)

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

The following just have one left to do.

Victor Charlie

Nidan

Larsen

CunzNG14

DeathDealer

The following have two left to do.

The_Capt

The following have three left to do.

GreenasJade

Overkill

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Levitacus

Melnibone

CombinedArms

The following have four to do.

Brent Pollack

Malakovski

Enoch

Nolloff

SlicerW

And if your name does not appear then you know the score, or lack of it as will apply.

;)

H

P.s. Please send all AAR's as a file, a single file and not as text just on an E-mail.

Cheers

H

Holien,

You yourself said you had one from me. Please correct your list accordingly. Did I ever manage to get you an AAR with an integrated screenshot? Frankly, I don't remember.

shock trooper,

Sorry for the delay, but I was decidedly under the weather. Your In Box should be full now.

Regards,

John Kettler

Update on AAR's

JK I kept you off the list as I thought you were going to re-send with the picture included in the one text document.

You see I can not easily replace documents once they have been sent out to review and only really want to do that if I know it is fairly fixed. In your case it was indicated that you would be re-doing as one document.

Can I reinforce to those who have yet to send in I require just one document per AAR and it must be a seperate document / text file rather than on an e-mail.

Also I really only need one copy of it. Today I have been bombed by 7 copies of the same AAR. As the AAR was over 3Megs my Mailbox nearly choked on them.

I will be away from Sunday in France for a few days and I really don't want to find the mailbox bombed with multiple copies of the same document.

smile.gif

Some great AAR's still coming in and it will be a tough decision for the AAR prize.

Cheers

H

Probably mine. As I noted in the final attempt, I kept resending because sodding Microsoft Outlook kept giving me a Send error and leaving it firmly in the Outbox. If that error occurs with the next one I send, I'm going to send a separate, AAR-less e-mail asking you if the AAR arrived before attempting a resend. Microsoft...forefathers of the Sirius Cybernetics Corp. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Holien:

Update on AAR's

[snip]

Can I reinforce to those who have yet to send in I require just one document per AAR and it must be a seperate document / text file rather than on an e-mail.

Also I really only need one copy of it. Today I have been bombed by 7 copies of the same AAR. As the AAR was over 3Megs my Mailbox nearly choked on them.

I will be away from Sunday in France for a few days and I really don't want to find the mailbox bombed with multiple copies of the same document.

smile.gif

Some great AAR's still coming in and it will be a tough decision for the AAR prize.

Cheers

H

I just finished my 1st of 4 AAR’s of the games I finished.

I don’t think there’s any chance of finishing “South of Vevi” with Karnak. I only receive a turn every few days from him. I think we’re on turn 35 of 45.

Can I send in an AAR on the incomplete game so I’ll be eligible for the finals?

(LoL, like there’s a chance of that anyway)

And

Should I wait until I have a block of them or send them as I finish each one?